Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Clowney should play his junior year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I think Clowney should play his junior year.

Feb 13, 2013, 4:14 PM

A. I desperately want his last game in the Palmetto State Rivalry to be a loss against my Tigers.

B. I think it would show a lot of selfishness and a "me first" mentality if he decided to sit, which sets a bad example for younger athletes who want to model themselves after him.

C. If he does sit, it would set an unfortunate precedent for the future, causing more star athletes to think it might be a good idea to "take a season off" (which would lessen the quality of the game).

Just my two cents on this whole outrageous debate.

GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

What is Clowney talking about doing? I dont follow the Coots

Feb 13, 2013, 4:19 PM

closely. thanks

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

You are unbelievable.

Feb 13, 2013, 4:37 PM

This is a simple business decision.
If any of us were told we could have 5 million dollars one year from today as log as you don't get hurt, ALL of us would avoid risky behaviors.

Many places I have worked have gone to great lengths to reduce liablities and insure future cash flows that were not nearly this high.

Clowney would be making an educated decision to sit out. Palying makes him a great teamate. Ask how that is working out for lattimore!

Re: You are unbelievable.

Feb 13, 2013, 4:54 PM

So should he also not drive and pretty much only stay in his house? Wear ankle and knee braces every where he goes?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well, I'll ask you, how careful would you be

Feb 14, 2013, 4:46 PM

if you get 15 million a year for being healthy?

I bet you would avoid risky behaviors.

Look how far companies go to minimize risk and insure returns.

When football fans say he would be selfish to sit out they are Jack A$$es.

Re: I think Clowney should play his junior year.

Feb 13, 2013, 4:43 PM

It hasn't been made definite that he's sitting out has it? From what I read yesterday, he, and ol' Steve, said that he would be playing. Or has something changed since then?

Re: I think Clowney should play his junior year.

Feb 14, 2013, 5:58 PM

I do not know, don't really care but it has been posted many times that he is no longer going the classes. If this is true the NCAA will not let him play. Yes I understand UNC had 14 players going to so called classes but they were going. I would like to think with Tanner as the new cockerel AD and them being on NCAA probation they would avoid being in the spot light if this is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic