Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Clemson will lose tomorrow night.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I think Clemson will lose tomorrow night.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:14 AM

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not worried about the FSU defense. Clemson will score some points. I am very concerned about the Clemson defense.

Dabo is right. It's all about Clemson. Unfortunately, if Clemson can't dominate Furman and Ball State defensively, FSU may be able to score at will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those are my thoughts as well.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:17 AM

Everyone keeps focusing our O on their D, but if we lose, it will be b/c our D stunk again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. I do think our defense is better, and certainly

Sep 21, 2012, 12:46 PM

will be better under Venables this year; but I still see a lot of the same problems and mistakes that I saw over the last few years, and they are problems and mistakes that will break you in a game like this. We may get all of that corrected by Saturday, I don't know; but I think it's more likely that we see some of the same problems and mistakes again. I know we've played vanilla defense, but FSU has also played Vanilla offense, so I don't know how that's a huge advantage for us. I hope I'm wrong, and I hope our defense is much improved, but I'll have to see something to indicate that that's the case.

Still, I have hope, as we've beaten FSU under these same circumstances before, more than once, where they were favored and we had played poorly up until that point, only to come out and play a great game while exposing FSU as the over-rated media darlings they were.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think Clemson will lose tomorrow night.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 AM

How did that work out for Fsu last year. Heard the same sad noise after troy and wofford.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said...hope like heck I'm wrong.***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM

Our personell is a huge upgrade from what they have seen

Sep 21, 2012, 10:33 AM

On paper and in actual talent. They are not huge upgrades from what we have seen. Heck Auburn's entire team is 5 and 4 star players. Now they might not be managed well but they had one of the best rosters we will face. Very similar in speed, etc. FSU is an upgrade though but not as much as people think.

^^^ this ^^^***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Clemson will lose tomorrow night. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet you really heard it after State and Tech***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Clemson will lose tomorrow night. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Same ole Negative Nancy crap as last year before AU and FSU

Sep 21, 2012, 10:22 AM

We will lose, we barely hung with Wofford, etc. Dude this team played aweful and beat a very talented AU team in the first game when confidence is not an issue. They could have hung 70 on both Ball State and Furman and that would have resulted in less points against us b/c we would have been constantly driving and leaving in better field position etc.

I dont know if they will win but they are gonna show up and give them a fight that they didnt expect.

LOL, if you have ever read any of my posts you would know

Sep 21, 2012, 10:26 AM

I'm one of the biggest sunshine pumpers around.

This isn't Negative Nancy. It's an observation based on the first three games. Our defense is not clicking YET under the new system. Maybe it will happen tomorrow night. I certainly hope so.

First game or fourth game, our defense is better than last

Sep 21, 2012, 10:44 AM

year.

Shoot, we gave up 423 yards to Troy last year, 399 to Wofford (could have lost) and 435 to Auburn.

In the first three games this season, against comparible competition, we have not given up 400 yards to anyone. The average is in the 350 yard per game range, and we have allowed 17 fewer points.

Also, I'm still not buying that the FSU offense is that great. Their first two games was no match. Murray St. and Savannah St are both pitiful. Oklahoma State put up 84 points on Savannah State, then lost by 38 points to Arizona the next week. Wake struggled to beat Liberty by 3 points.

Luckily, we will all find out just how good both the Tigers and FSU are tomorrow night. Well, at least on a relative scale to each other.

Disagree. They "expect" it. The players know we drove the

Sep 21, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Same ole Negative Nancy crap as last year before AU and FSU ]

ball on them 5 times for over 70 yards and 5 TDs. They've been watching that film all week. As to their O, Thompson played last year's game before his injury. Nothing new here other than Manuel and maybe Wilder. BV has shut them down while at OK. We won't be dominant on D, but we won't be a pushover, either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep nm

Sep 21, 2012, 10:30 AM

nm

The same AU that got dominated by Miss St and took OT

Sep 21, 2012, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Same ole Negative Nancy crap as last year before AU and FSU ]

to beat LA Monroe???

Well, Auburn lost to Miss St. because of 5 turnovers

Sep 21, 2012, 10:52 AM

and the MSU coaches stealing the offensive signals, knowing not only whether it was a pass or run, but the intended receiver/ball carrier. MSU admitted as such after the game.

At least Auburn beat La. Monroe, Arkansas did not. If not for two late second half turnovers by Auburn (one at the La Monroe 2 yard line on 1st down), that game was at least a 14 point Auburn win, no overtime.

Well dang diddy dang, Auburn had a fumble and a INT

Sep 21, 2012, 10:58 AM

vs Clemson so they should have won that one????

I'm just giving facts, not opinions. Auburn had 5 turnovers

Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 AM

against MSU, and the MSU coaches admitted stealing the signs.

Against La. Monroe Auburn was up 28-14 and their RB fumbles the ball on the La Monroe 2 yard line on a first down run late in the second half. Score there or any kind makes it more than two touchdown lead, no overtime.

Even a SCAR/Citadel fan/grad should be able to figure out that one.

Not a USuC fan, but how them Dogs???

Sep 21, 2012, 11:23 AM

GA Southern and App St back to back top ten wins.

Why is our defense so weak?

Sep 21, 2012, 10:27 AM

I thought that they would be much stronger this year under Venables. All the defensive players were highly recruited.

You pay too much attention to sports media.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:33 AM

Sports media, especially early in the season, is like water. They take the path of least resistance. They do it to build relationship with viewers by pretending to know the game.

How did the other half of the NC matchup featuring USCw and FSU work out for them? When I said that USCw wasn't deep enough to last the season I got almost no response from T-Net. Everybody chose to ignore the loss of scholarships USCw suffered and expected them to win and win big. I didn't know at the time how right I was.

Now I'm telling you, FSU is talented and a fairly well-run program. They are at home. That makes them feel all warm and cozy but their crowd won't bother our offense. We 'signal call,' from the sideline where all our guys get their instructions visually. They won't feel all warm and cozy after our first drive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Score first early and Stop the Chop.***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:38 AM

Re: You pay too much attention to sports media.

Sep 21, 2012, 10:46 AM [ in reply to You pay too much attention to sports media. ]

I'm not listening to anyone. It's all about what I've seen in the first three Clemson games. Our offense will score. Will the defense "grow up" in time?

BV has done quite well against FSU the last 2 years. We'll

Sep 21, 2012, 10:55 AM

be ready.

Great post Bro!! thanks for playing***

Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM

Like many of you I was at the Auburn game in Auburn

Sep 21, 2012, 10:38 AM

and as an earlier poster said we played like we have never played in a long while-we dominated their soon to be national champ team and for the most part kept Cam N bottled up.
My son talked to a backup qtr back yesterday and he said he had never seen a week of practice like this before-especially on the offensive side-they are really clicking on all cylinders. And the D is playing inspired, fired up ball.
Don't know how this is going to end up but you're going to see that Auburn game mentality-nothing left out there-pretty sure we will be proud of the effort.

We didn't dominate Troy or Wofford last year

Sep 21, 2012, 12:49 PM

and look what happened

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Then, may your hopes come true!***

Sep 21, 2012, 12:50 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic