Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Brice is due for a bump...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I think Brice is due for a bump...

Mar 21, 2016, 7:40 PM

247 has Chase Brice as a high 3*, composite is 4*, but after winning MVP honors at the Opening Regional and getting an Elite 11 invite, something that only he and Fromm can boast, he should definitely be pushed inside the Top100. When he goes out there and battles Hunter Johnson to be #1-2 at the Elite 11, I could see us having 2 Top50 ranked QBs for 2017. Brice is a straight up baller and has as good of a chance to win the starting role as Johnson. Playing big time football in Georgia means that he goes against top talent every weekend and committing 3 days after the #1 QB means that he has huge kahunas.

It's a great time to be a Tiger.

http://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Brice-68703

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Chase is ALREADY #11 pro style QB

Mar 21, 2016, 7:50 PM

in the Nation and moving up after finishing better than Fromm.

Re: I think Brice is due for a bump...

Mar 21, 2016, 7:54 PM

Since he has been a Clemson lean for a long time they will only do it reluctantly. If he were to decommit and sign with the Coots or ALA he would be an automatic 5 star within hours of the news. They had DW as the 2nd best dual threat QB and 81st ranked player in the nation. Whoops. Kid can spin it, that's all that matters.

Mar 21, 2016, 8:52 PM

Probably. not the coots, but definitely if it were Alabama or any secheat team other than Vandy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 10:48 PM

Absolutely if he were a coot. TBS has the largest subscribers on 247. They'll bump a #### any chance they get.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Mar 22, 2016, 9:32 AM

They do get the benefit of being in the secheat, but you have to know that they aren't considered much compared to the elite teams over there. They are not even considered elite in the weak side of their conference where they reside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Brice is due for a bump... ]

Just out if curiosity what QB ranked ahead of Watson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 11:20 PM

Park

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Connor Mitch...duh

Mar 22, 2016, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Brice is due for a bump... ]

seriously, my guess would be TAMU transfer Kyle Allen

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2016, 11:25 PM

last thing we need is another coke head on the team

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2016, 1:21 AM

> 247 has Chase Brice as a high 3*, composite is 4*,
> but after winning MVP honors at the Opening Regional
> and getting an Elite 11 invite, something that only
> he and Fromm can boast, he should definitely be
> pushed inside the Top100. When he goes out there and
> battles Hunter Johnson to be #1-2 at the Elite 11, I
> could see us having 2 Top50 ranked QBs for 2017.
> Brice is a straight up baller and has as good of a
> chance to win the starting role as Johnson. Playing
> big time football in Georgia means that he goes
> against top talent every weekend and committing 3
> days after the #1 QB means that he has huge kahunas.

Just from watching their HUDL film - and from what I've heard from some HS coaches - Brice isn't as good as Johnson.

Johnson, apparently, is a CRAZY-good thrower, reminds a lot of people of Baylor's Seth Russell. Just a rare, rare arm, can zip it through a car wash and still hit the pip on a playing card from 30 yards out, with a guy on top of him, from a 3-step drop. Instant decision, and BAM, the ball is gone, to within an inch or so of where he wanted it. Anywhere. Anywhen.

Could be fascinating to watch.

Brice is a really good player, mind. Atlanta HS coaches rave about him. There are apparently three really good rising senior QB's in the Atlanta area who will or have committed already to upper-tier FBS schools - one reason Clemson is suddenly turning into world-beater, by the way, is because Atlanta is suddenly resembling Miami in terms of talent produced, and we're less than two hours from it. Still, from what they say, Brice is the best of those three.

Of course, all that is predicated on these guys being able to beat out Tucker Israel, who broke every record in 7A Florida ball before getting dumped down to 3 stars because he was short. Or Kelly Bryant, who looks - literally - like a Cam Newton clone. Or Zerrick Cooper...who might be better than any of those guys, and looks like, well, a 6'4" version of Deshaun Watson, with maybe an even zippier arm.

Whatever, we have some...prospects. Like no other time, I would be willing to venture, in Clemson history. Like, ever.

Sometimes you just see a crazy confluence of talent over one place. Never seen it over Clemson, SC, before, from top to bottom, but I'm seeing it now. Maybe especially at QB.

Mar 22, 2016, 7:37 AM

" Or Kelly Bryant, who looks - literally - like a Cam Newton clone."

I wouldn't put Bryant in Cam's class just yet. Let's wait to see if he can read the D and make his passes way better than what we've witnessed to date.

Mar 22, 2016, 7:51 AM

I believe he just means in terms of size

Plugs for relating to Bry's post... I portend to both of you***

Mar 22, 2016, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Brice is due for a bump... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2016, 5:53 PM

One thing they do not understand is Grayson had 11 running clocks last year in the 2nd half! He did not play much in the 2nd half in 11 games and threw very few passes if any in the 2nd half of those games. It was against 6A football teams in talent rich Georgia!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic