Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just another example of coot stupidity
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Just another example of coot stupidity

Feb 9, 2018, 2:35 PM

"Conference strength isn't as important as it used to be. Clemson's trophy case has a lot of hardware won in weak conference championships. They use those trophies to recruit.

As long as the SEC remains a top 4 conference, a trend like this would be a good thing for a program like USC."

The ACC has proven over past several years its NOT a weak conference, yet these bozos continue to spout the same ole BS. DUMBEST FAN BASE in college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just another example of coot stupidity

Feb 9, 2018, 2:40 PM

There are only 5 major conferences. Their goal is to be top 4? Aggressive!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 4:58 PM

Clemson's trophy case has a lot of hardware won in weak conference championships. And then comes this,

The ACC has proven over past several years its NOT a weak conference, yet these bozos continue to spout the same ole BS. DUMBEST FAN BASE in college football.

Is there any wonder why Hardy's is the only jobs they can get hired at. Even Hardy's are taking a big risk at putting a mop in their hands!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Just another example of coot stupidity ]

The five Major conferences:
ACC
Alabama
B1G
Big 12 or 10
PAC 12

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 2:54 PM

On their noon radio comedy program, they actually brought up the recent "brand" ranking. With Clemson being #1 and uscjr 37th (Somewhere in the 30's) that it goes to show that the poll was meaningless.

They went on to say that their being ranked in the 30's and ending up with a 19th ranked recruiting class that is shows what a powerful recruiter muschamp is.

Speak about delusional, this takes the prize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger68 is correct - I heard it too

Feb 9, 2018, 3:01 PM

They went on to say that since they are ranked #32 that THEY are over-performing because of the their recruit rank of 17 or whatever and said the same thing about Alabama - said bama is really over-performing.

Said schools like Clemson and OSU are UNDER-performing since Clemson was ranked #1 and had the 6th ranked class. smdh !!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger68 is correct - I heard it too

Feb 9, 2018, 6:38 PM

They never have been known for brains and judgement. If they were, they wouldn't be coots nor pulling for a team with a chicken as a mascot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Just another example of coot stupidity ]

But for their conference affiliation, which gets pumped up by the owners (ESecPN) they would not have much to crow about. Kinda like a little lost lamb just waiting, dreading getting eaten by something they are not up to handling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 2:55 PM

What does the SEC ranking have to do with USC?

null

Feb 9, 2018, 6:39 PM

It is a shame to use the initials of a storied program like Southern Cal to refer to usuc. It is blasphemy.

People who can't win trophies...

Feb 9, 2018, 2:56 PM

Always look for a reason to discredit those who win them a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: People who can't win trophies...

Feb 9, 2018, 6:40 PM

Well said!

Re: People who can't win trophies...

Feb 12, 2018, 4:24 AM [ in reply to People who can't win trophies... ]

They are of the belief that everyone deserves a prize ie their 5th place rings

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

The fact the chickens play in the WORST division in

Feb 9, 2018, 3:00 PM

D1 football and almost annually finish in the bottom half of that stupid division doesn't support any comments they might make about another program

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 3:02 PM

How many National Championship trophies are in their vacant trophy case?

Feb 9, 2018, 9:16 PM

They obviously were attempting to compare two circumstances which have absolutely zero in common, but what should we expect from a crowd of Five Points drunks already into an excuse filled weekend.

It seems the only sport they can actually cheer about is Women’s Basketball and even then they are not what they have been of late. Muscrap best hope his team prepares for an improved SECe or else their misguided perceptions of division championships will disappear with losses to several foes.

I personally cannot wait for another Tiger victory next November to even the score over the chicken crew, especially Todd “the mouth” Ellis!

Go Tigers!

I think Abraham Lincoln said it best when he said

Feb 9, 2018, 3:24 PM

"Any school that has only won 1 conference championship in over a hundred years should just shut the #### up."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Link?***

Feb 9, 2018, 3:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Here it is.

Feb 9, 2018, 3:36 PM

https://channel24news.com/2018/02/abraham-lincoln-weighs-in-on-college-football/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

C'mon, Bob.

Feb 9, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Link?*** ]

Al Gore hadn't invented the internet when Lincoln was alive.

SMDH

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Link?***

Feb 9, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Link?*** ]

https://channel24news.com/2018/02/abraham-lincoln-weighs-in-on-college-football/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Went to trivia last night with a few buddies...

Feb 9, 2018, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I think Abraham Lincoln said it best when he said ]

All UGA guys. I was wearing a Clemson shirt. Some of them had UGA garb on

Guy at the table behind us gets up to leave, walks over and says "Go Gamecocks!"

I made a remark back about their one and only championship, 1969 ACC after going 7-4. Dawg buddies were in disbelief, they couldn't believe that was all they've ever won.

We literally laughed the guy out of the bar. Hilarious. I don't know why they do these things to themselves

If anybody ever hated a coot, it was Abe Lincoln.***

Feb 9, 2018, 8:55 PM [ in reply to I think Abraham Lincoln said it best when he said ]

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 9, 2018, 3:51 PM

W.e they got to say to make themselves feel better, and tbh I'd rather win a little less strong conference 3 times in a row then never win the toughest conference as they say sec is. ACC has won the head to head 2 or 3 years in a row. Heck clemson has better sec wins over last few years than carolina has and as not in the sec ??. They got to say something not to go crazy over that terrible 100+ years of football. Just think last year was one of their best 6 seasons of all time that's got to suck.

Feb 9, 2018, 3:58 PM

The entire NCAA FBS was also pitifully weak when we won it all and got that trophy last year, right?

GO TIGERS

Indeed!

Feb 9, 2018, 4:10 PM

Bammer was by far the weakest “14-0 team that is probably the greatest team of all time ever” we coulda beat to win it all. We got a lucky draw.

~JKB

Re: Indeed!

Feb 9, 2018, 6:06 PM

Thank goodness! So lucky...whew!

Wilma's Chimp doesn't need luck like we do.

GO TIGERS

The whole $EC RAH RAH BS is all they've got...

Feb 9, 2018, 4:24 PM

so they're desperately trying to hang on to it like grim death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Feb 9, 2018, 4:28 PM

They have to tell themselves crap like this just to get by. Deep down they know they are never winning anything. Forget the NC or SEC title, they're not going to win the East...ever. Hell, they still gloat about beating Bama eight years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 4:39 PM

haha, you would appreciate this

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Went-to-trivia-last-night-with-a-few-buddies-23116172

Went to trivia last night with a few buddies...

Feb 9, 2018, 4:38 PM

All UGA guys. I was wearing a Clemson shirt. Some of them had UGA garb on

Guy at the table behind us gets up to leave, walks over and says "Go Gamecocks!"

I made a remark back about their one and only championship, 1969 ACC after going 7-4. Dawg buddies were in disbelief, they couldn't believe that was all they've ever won.

We literally laughed the guy out of the bar. Hilarious. I don't know why they do these things to themselves

Re: Went to trivia last night with a few buddies...

Feb 9, 2018, 4:54 PM

They did win the East back in 2010, when UGA was starting Aaron Murray as a true freshman. SC finished 5-3 in conference and went to Atlanta. They promptly sufferred the worst beating in SEC championship game history at the hands of Auburn. That's pretty much the hightlight of that program. They are delusional but an entertaining bunch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 5:14 PM

Not for me, I find it really hard to laugh at stupidity. It's like patting your brother on the back bc he failed the first grade 3 times and telling him nobody cares about passing the first grade, and not to worry about it bc, they will put him through to the second grade next year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2018, 4:14 AM

See I'd make fun of my brother for failing the 1st grade 3 times . I'd tell him ...each year on his birthday that he was a Thirdst grader and that mom was so embarrassed about his size disparity , she just told everyone he was a waterhead .

DB23

Feb 9, 2018, 4:51 PM

He/She would surly rank as one of the dumbest fans ever!!!

You'll never win an argument

Feb 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

with a stupid coot.

They live in alternative universe

S.E.C....will always mean...

Feb 9, 2018, 5:01 PM

Success Except Carolina .

"Coot stupidity"...

Feb 9, 2018, 5:14 PM

...is redundant.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The nation is hungover from the BCS era.

Feb 9, 2018, 5:35 PM

I doubt many people think that any conference can compete with the SEC though they lose out of conference games regularly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2018, 7:13 PM

Coots couldnt win in Southern, acc, as an independent. Not even in the Sec least. They make any group they are in weaker.

Feb 9, 2018, 9:19 PM

Are they just going to continue to pretend we did not beat them like an FCS school the past 2 years??

Didn't know USC had left the PAC for the SEC

Feb 10, 2018, 11:02 AM

Those coots learn you something new every day.

Feb 11, 2018, 5:52 PM

Don't the coots bring down the SEC conference rankings? Doesn't the fact that they exist in the SEC make the Dawgs SEC championship less prestigious? ie the Dawgs did not have have top level competition each week.

Didn't Clemson beat 5 top 20 ranked teams last year? How many did the coots beat?

But USC is in the PAC 12

Feb 12, 2018, 8:58 AM

Not the SEC.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic