Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on Thanksgiving week:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 529

My take on Thanksgiving week:

Nov 29, 2015, 11:35 AM

I thank our federal and state anti-terror personnel for their good service. The only major event that I am familiar with is the crazy Baptist honky who killed a law enforcement person and two others in a Colorado planned parenthood clinic. This freak has roots in SC, NC, and KY. Keep up the good work.

Go all Tigers, support law enforcement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thank God for you geechie.

Nov 29, 2015, 12:49 PM

You save a lot of tnetters from being accused of being the stupidest mofos on the internet.

Don't be a SMF, Go all Hens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You will have to settle for

Nov 29, 2015, 12:57 PM

nastiest, Any Rep. is a good candidate for stupidest, I'm lucky, I'm a winner.

Go all Tigers, don't throw stones, The other side might just retaliate with rocks. ;)

Thanks for

Nov 29, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I thank God for you geechie. ]

the TD, the truth huts doesn't it (R) boy.

Go all Tigers, don't be sneaky and own up to your shortcomings. (:

Geechie, you know me better than that.

Nov 29, 2015, 3:23 PM

The few TDs I've ever given have been to coots. You're not a coot, that's about as nice as I can get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to try. I accept your denial,. I just don't care all

Nov 29, 2015, 3:49 PM

that much about the sneaks that do this routinely. I guess my only regret about your post is the filthy sexual connotation that belongs in the gutter. Regards, bro.

Go all Tigers, why not stick to Tiger sports and leave politics to the politicians.

Re: My take on Thanksgiving week:

Nov 29, 2015, 2:41 PM

this all stems from the planned parenthood baby parts circus. At some point the loons need to start taking accountability for getting the mouth breathers a little too riled up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it did silence the Rep. rants about Muslims for a

Nov 29, 2015, 3:34 PM

couple of days. A terrorist is a terrorist despite his holy leanings. This is the message that the radical right needs to hear.

A long expert from the "news" media:

After two days of near-radio silence over the deadly shootings at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado, several Republican presidential candidates addressed the attack Sunday.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee condemned the alleged shooter, 57-year-old Robert Lewis Dear, who reportedly told investigators “no more baby parts” when questioned following his arrest Friday.

“What he did is domestic terrorism,” Huckabee said in an interview with CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday. “And what he did is absolutely abominable, especially to us in the pro-life movement, because there’s nothing about any of us that would condone or in any way look the other way on something like this.”

Huckabee contrasted his reaction with Secretary of State John Kerry’s comments following the recent terror attacks in Paris. Kerry said the January assault on the offices of Charlie Hebdo in Paris had a “rationale” that could be understood, while the attacks earlier this month did not.

“We’re not going to have the kind of language that you heard from John Kerry where he talked about legitimizing or rationalizing terrorist actions,” Huckabee said. “There’s no legitimizing, there’s no rationalizing. It was mass murder. It was absolutely unfathomable. And there’s no excuse for killing other people, whether it’s happening inside the Planned Parenthood headquarters, inside their clinics where many millions of babies die, or whether it’s people attacking Planned Parenthood.”

Three people were killed — including a veteran police officer — and 12 others were wounded in Friday’s shootings.

Carly Fiorina — whose controversial comments about Planned Parenthood videos during a Republican debate briefly elevated her candidacy — called the shootings “a tragedy.”

“Nothing justifies this,” Fiorina said on “Fox News Sunday.” “And presumably, this man who appears deranged, if nothing else, will be tried for murder as he should be. But it’s a tragedy, especially on a holiday weekend.“

The former Hewlett-Packard chief executive had called for the defunding of Planned Parenthood in the wake of videos she said showed workers discussing harvesting fetal tissue while “a fully formed fetus [lies] on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking” — a claim that proved to be false.

“We’ve experienced so much hateful language, hateful speech, such a negative environment has been created … around the idea of safe and legal abortion,” Vicki Cowart, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “And we’ve seen that across the country from all sorts of speakers in the last few months. I can’t believe that this isn’t contributing to some folks, mentally unwell or not, thinking that it’s OK to target Planned Parenthood or to target abortion providers.”

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders suggested such rhetoric may have inspired the alleged gunman.

“While we still do not know the shooter’s motive, what is clear is that Planned Parenthood has been the subject of vicious and unsubstantiated statements attacking an organization that provides critical health care for millions of Americans,“ the Democratic hopeful said in a statement. “I strongly support Planned Parenthood and the work it is doing and hope people realize that bitter rhetoric can have unintended consequences.”

Fiorina fired back.

“This is so typical of the left to immediately begin demonizing the messenger because they don’t agree with the message,” she said. “Anyone who tries to link this terrible tragedy to anyone who opposes abortion or opposes the sale of body parts is … this is typical left-wing tactics.”

Dr. Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon-turned-GOP hopeful, described the shootings as a “hate crime” and called for a “rational discussion” from those on both sides of the abortion issue.

“Unfortunately, there’s a lot of extremism coming from all areas,” Carson said on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday. “It’s one of the biggest problems that I think is threatening to tear our country apart. We get into our separate corners and we hate each other, we want to destroy those with whom we disagree.”

He added: “You know, all you have to do is go to an article on the Internet and go to the comments section. You don’t get five comments down before people start calling each other names and acting like idiots, you know. What happened to us? What happened to the civility that used to characterize our society?”

Republican frontrunner Donald Trump dismissed the alleged gunman as a “maniac,” but refused to tone down the anti-abortion talk.

“I will tell you there is a tremendous group of people that think it’s terrible, all of the videos that they’ve seen with some of these people from Planned Parenthood, talking about [harvesting fetal tissue] like you’re selling parts to a car,” Trump said. “Now, I know some of the tapes were perhaps not pertinent. I know that a couple of people that are running for office on the Republican side were commenting on tapes that weren’t appropriate. But there were many tapes that are appropriate in terms of commenting on. It looks like you’re talking about parts to some machine or something. And they’re not happy about it.”

Re: Well, it did silence the Rep. rants about Muslims for a

Nov 29, 2015, 3:55 PM

glad to hear Huckabee show some leadership. He is not a bad guy, a loon, but means well.

OR PPH could take responsibility for selling baby parts.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Thanksgiving week: ]

Just sayin'.

Nov 29, 2015, 5:18 PM

we agree Geechie. A terrorist is a terrorist no matter if he is Muslim, Christian. Jew, atheist or whatever.

Exactly part of the reason I posted the below a couple weeks ago. Many of us want to judge all Muslims over the actions of a few but turn a blind eye when "one of our own" does the same. Sadly, I think we are ALL guilty of that to an extent.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1514857

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 5:52 PM

as of october 3rd, we have had a whopping total of 24 Americans killed by foreign terrorists in the last decade. Yet when you hear the right wing media making it seem as though it is the most important crisis we are facing, it just leaves you wondering...

Nov 29, 2015, 5:57 PM

I have no issue with people being concerned about terrorism but in my mind, shouldn't even be a top 5 issue. Probably not even top 10.

I think I read where terrorism is #1 issue to many people

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 6:12 PM

heart disease and preventative medicine should be number 1. I don't consider terrorism in the top 1000 as far as a threat to my day to day. The over reaction to it is in my top 10.

Nov 29, 2015, 6:21 PM

Economy/jobs is #1 for me as always.

Preventative healthcare should be near the top, we agree.

Nov 29, 2015, 6:26 PM

imagine if we spent as much money on energy research and infrastructure as we did on homeland security. Unemployment would be at historical lows right now. Instead states are selling their highways off to german investors and china has gained an insurmountable lead in alternative energy research.

Two more reasons to vote for Bernie...***

Nov 30, 2015, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two more reasons to vote for Bernie...***

Nov 30, 2015, 12:08 PM

Florida sold a lot of its roads to Germany and they were charging ridiculous tolls to get around the state on what is called sunshine pass. Just going to the Orlando Airport cost me $7.00 each way for a 90 mile trip. This was done so the Governor could eliminate tax burdon and make the state more "business friendly", but we still end up paying in the end. That is now money just flying out the window and into the hands of foreign investors. Germany has no problem waiting 40 years for n ROI, while american investors rarely look past ten years. Indiana and several other states are doing the same. It is sad we are selling this country off bit by bit so states can report lower taxes in an attempt to lure in businesses.

Nov 29, 2015, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Thanksgiving week: ]

it is number 1 to a lot of people because of the blown out media portrayal. Same goes for school shootings, murderous cops, and gang violence.

I'm pleased to have started a good exchange on this subject,

Nov 30, 2015, 11:47 AM

I do note that the hard right did not join in. There is a sneaky "TDer" or two skulking about, so I know I got to them. No problem, they are totally harmless. I guess the Clinton attacks will begin again soon.

Go all Tigers, Tigers really shouldn't be sneaky but open in what they do.

Baptist don't cheer when someone is murdered.

Nov 30, 2015, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: My take on Thanksgiving week: ]

Whether it be an unborn child or a grown terrorist. You saw the muslim world cheer when the towers came down.

Ive seen conservatives justify drone strikes on children

Dec 1, 2015, 12:43 AM

That's pretty dang close to cheering murder.

say what now?***

Dec 1, 2015, 8:23 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some, however

Dec 1, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Baptist don't cheer when someone is murdered. ]

might sneak around the back of the barn and have a snort of corn likker. :)

Go all Tigers, be open and above board.

Who cares?

Dec 1, 2015, 1:06 AM

Go drown yourself, you old fool.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.

Replies: 24
| visibility 529
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic