Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Steve Fuller comments on #4 jersey on Clemson Sports Talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,980

Football Update: Steve Fuller comments on #4 jersey on Clemson Sports Talk

Jan 3, 2014, 9:13 AM

Steve Fuller comments on #4 jersey on Clemson Sports Talk

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did he say?***

Jan 3, 2014, 9:18 AM

Re: What did he say?***

Jan 3, 2014, 9:40 AM

I heard the same thing you did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to What did he say?*** ]

What Steve said in a polite way, is that he thought his number was retired and found out when Anthony Downs wanted #4 as part of his recruitment, that Clemson didn't really consider the "number" actually retired. Steve is saying basically that Clemson informed him about it. But while they hoped for his blessing, they weren't asking his permission. What Steve is still not saying (IMHO) is that he didn't like it then and he still doesn't like it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and he should not like it.......#4 is retired number!

Jan 3, 2014, 2:01 PM

Without Fuller, we might not be where we are today. He help start the renewal of Clemson football.....IMHO!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...

Jan 3, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: What did he say?*** ]

I know this will rub some of yall wrong. BUT!!
lol

FULLER's number shouldn't had been retired to start with.
Wasn't guarned (sp).

I tend to agree that permanently retiring numbers is ...

Jan 3, 2014, 6:01 PM

... a bad practice, mostly because of the shortage of numbers available.

However, Clemson did go through the process of "retiring" his #4 and since they did it, I think it should have remained retired and never used again *unless* Steve Fuller was asked and consented to un-retiring it for the sake of the team.

In the future, I totally agree that actual numbers should not be retired as a way of honoring great players.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2014, 11:28 AM [ in reply to What did he say?*** ]

Basically a bunch of nothing really.

But I think Fuller was being very polite by not saying anything but basically Clemson administration at that time screwed him over essentially and didn't care what he truly thought.

If its retired, it's retired, period!! A kid needing a

Jan 3, 2014, 10:45 AM

Certain number to commit to a school doesn't have the right mindset in the first place. He should respect that someone has earned the right to have their number retired and then want another one to try to do the same. Lack of maturity to get caught up in a #### number during recruiting. I sure hope we have more to sell than a jersey number!!!

Yep

Jan 3, 2014, 12:08 PM

And suppose this kid turns out to be a bust. At that point we've got nothing...and nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why I am just about through with college football..

Jan 3, 2014, 12:37 PM

Any kid that wants a certain jersey number or he won't commit.
Dancing around after a routine play, like we've never seen that before.
Tailgating use to mean eating out of your trunk because you would miss a meal while traveling to or from game. Now it is a 6-10 hour drunk-fest. And everyone now needs two parking spaces for all their gear.
TV, probably the biggest reason. You can't make plans for a game, because the time isn't announced until 10 days prior. Night games that don't end until almost midnight. The National Championship Game will not kick off until 8:45 on a work and school night. Just like World Series games, kids will have to read about what happened instead of seeing it happen.
Not being able to talk to anyone inside a stadium before a game because of the loud crap that is blaring. Where's the band?
I have more, but I am just too pissed to keep typing.

LOL-- lack of maturity......

Jan 3, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to If its retired, it's retired, period!! A kid needing a ]

like a 50 something year old man giving a rats #### about a freaking #

Retiring #s is an idiotic practice.

I loved what Steve Fuller did while at CU but give me a break.

sometimes

Jan 3, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to If its retired, it's retired, period!! A kid needing a ]

the kid is wearing that number for a certain reason. I started wearing my dads number after he passed when I was in high school. What if that kid wants to wear that number because it was a friends number who he lost tragically at a young age? I know this isn't the case now.....but you never know.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you take away a tribute to fuller so this kid

Jan 3, 2014, 1:44 PM

can do his thing...NO

dabo seems like a tradition guy and should honor the retirement of #4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahem... Mr. Gatorbowl...

Jan 3, 2014, 4:17 PM

And those darn kids are in your yard again..
Can a paperboy ever get the throw onto the steps?

Jeez, slow down you hooligan drivers going so fast... and movie prices are now above $5 per person .. i used to go to the movies with 25¢ and come home with change... and what is with the email... facsimile machines are cutting edge... this darn rock and roll has all these kids with their long hair.. bunch of degenerates....

I used to walk to see the Tigers play on Bowman field and it was uphill both ways and carrying a mule on my back.

And why color TV?... three channels and black and white was just fine by me.

They also should have just branched out and made more versions of Pong. There is no need for all these different type of video games.

Oh... my back hurts. Don't get me started on my ailments.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic