Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Syracuse not getting respect by being a 4-0 24pt dog
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Is Syracuse not getting respect by being a 4-0 24pt dog

Sep 25, 2018, 2:59 PM

to us at home? Or are they getting respect by only being a 24pt dog to us at home?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

We're getting tons and they're getting none...

Sep 25, 2018, 3:00 PM

I'd expect that line to move down as the week progresses.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they've played at W. Michigan, other 3 games were all

Sep 25, 2018, 3:03 PM

at home.

TL4Heisman

I believe we cover 24, for the record

Sep 25, 2018, 3:14 PM

I just don't think bettors are going to see it that way.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, they've played at W. Michigan, other 3 games were all

Sep 25, 2018, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Yeah, they've played at W. Michigan, other 3 games were all ]

The X factor is we don’t know for sure yet if Fizzou sux as much as they appear to or if Cuse’s one sided win itself showed more than expected. Not too worried but you never know

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, they've played at W. Michigan, other 3 games were all

Sep 25, 2018, 4:56 PM

If you watched the FSU/SU game, FSU's Oline looked like turnstiles, Francois looked confused and lacked energy IMO, they made really dumb penalties keeping the SU drives alive, secondary looked porous, etc.

IMO - FSU sux big time. They do not resemble any FSU team I have ever witnessed. They need a miracle to earn a bowl this year.

Re: Is Syracuse not getting respect by being a 4-0 24pt dog

Sep 25, 2018, 3:04 PM

At first I thought it was a lack of respect for them. But then I thought about the fact that they beat us last year, they are coming to our house for our first home conference game, and the Tigers are starting to hit on all cylinders. This prediction would indicate like a 45-21 game which is a respectable showing. I think the line is probably on-the-money.

Sep 25, 2018, 3:04 PM

I thought it would be more around 15 1/2. But they may be taking in the revenge factor as well, plus they could see more points for us with TL at QB now. Or maybe their thinking they won't get away with all the push offs they got last year with Ishmael, 2 missed FG's, starting QB get injured(replacing him with the wrong backup), being in the Valley this time...etc. I'm sure one or few of those play a factor in the huge spread....IDK.

When do we play them?***

Sep 25, 2018, 3:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Sep 25, 2018, 3:05 PM

I don’t think they’re getting the respect they deserve, at least from the betting public, but who knows. Personally, I think this is a game. I’ll take a one point win as long as we win.

I tend to agree. The only game they didn't put up over 50pts

Sep 25, 2018, 3:08 PM

was FSU. But they beat them handily, 30-7. I think this line will move down closer to gametime.

TL4Heisman

Sep 25, 2018, 3:56 PM

If 2 ACC schools are playing, somebody is going to get disrespected. It’s the “go to” narrative. ESecPN will disrespect both teams.

Ex. Clemson wins at TAMU on the road, at night, early in the year - The narrative- what’s wrong with Clemson? Jimbo is building a winner.
Ex. LSU wins at Auburn on the road, early in the year. - The narrative- LSU is great, LSU takes the largest poll jump in the country.
Ex. Oklahoma squeaks out a win, at home, against a nobody, in OT. - The narrative - Crickets, not a word, never happened. Hey!!! Everybody look!!!! The ACC sucks!!!

I say LSU is the biggest poser in all of college football. I think they’ll lose 3 times in the regular season. Miss St. is the silver medalist.

I say the biggest story in college football is that UF, FSU & Miami are all not good, but nobody is talking about it.

Sep 25, 2018, 5:02 PM

UF might go 10-2 or 11-1 (losing only to UK in The Swamp), so they seem to be pretty good IMO.

Miss St. was curb-stomped by UK last week, so they are the team that is not as good as advertised. I think LSU is overrated and will probably lose 3 games.

All this is JMO though and should be taken with a grade of slaw.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic