Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Annoying sideshows
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,007

Annoying sideshows

Oct 18, 2015, 10:44 AM

I'll preface this post by going ahead and saying Yes, I am one of those get off my lawn traditionalist curmudgeons. With that being said the blaring of the music and DJ on the big screen is quite annoying. I don't mind cranking up the We will rock you or Cypress Hill to get the D pumped up, but I am more referring to the club music that is lasting into the kickoff and other plays. I about lost it when we were playing name that tune when Huegel was getting ready to kick at the time a very crucial field goal. I understand that it needs to be fun for families and kids but why is the product on the field not just good enough. I felt like I was at Club Roka or Tequila Empire trying to watch a football game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Annoying sideshows***

Oct 18, 2015, 10:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Annoying sideshows

Oct 18, 2015, 10:50 AM

Though I don't totally disagree with you...the field goal kick was made with the little TV commercial guy dressed in red going crazy on the field. The ref didn't see him still out there as I'm guessing they were still in a commercial break.

Sitting in the North stands, and seeing the student section bounce and move and go crazy well into the 4th quarter was something we've been missing in the past.

I'm good with whatever it takes...

other that woohooing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 10:57 AM

Exactly, they are doing stuff to keep the younger kids entertained and keeping them at the games thru the second half. Granted I am not a fan of it, but whatever it takes to keep the Valley rocking well into the 4th is great by me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They came back from commercial right as the kick went through.***

Oct 18, 2015, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Annoying sideshows ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 10:54 AM

The "eye-candy" nonsense on the big screen drives me crazy. Let Tiger Band play and stop the rap "music". IT IS HORRIBLE.

I know, all the stadiums do it...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

Oct 18, 2015, 10:58 AM

its 2015, not 1985 it is something you are going to have to get used to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2015, 10:59 AM

Trust me, I'm not a huge fan of that music genre but d@mn if it doesn't get us hyped up. DJ Sha does s good job and students love it.
It's stuff like that that makes the atmosphere what it is.

The moose call thing was annoying. BC fan?***

Oct 18, 2015, 11:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you think kids born in 95' get pumped up

Oct 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

From Queen playing on the PAs? Lol...

I tell you what I'm annoyed with...

Oct 18, 2015, 11:03 AM

Is the seemingly endless recognitions in the west end zone. I get it about recognizing vets, etc. but hey keep it to a minimum and recognize some of these folks some other way.

Re: I tell you what I'm annoyed with...

Oct 18, 2015, 11:08 AM

I actually think this has gotten a lot better this year. Last season every timeout we got a new person shown off. This year were averaging like 4. Usually a professor/faculty or former player, a donor, a medical patient, and a vet. I think this this is perfect and they all deserve it. Just enough imo

Re: I tell you what I'm annoyed with...

Oct 18, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I tell you what I'm annoyed with... ]

Amen, brother! Other than honoring the Clemson vets, all that nonsensical fluff needs to go away now.

Oct 18, 2015, 11:06 AM

Definitely bad timing in the name that tune game, but the thing that annoys me most is all the recognitions during breaks.....some of that could be left out!!!

Oct 18, 2015, 11:24 AM

Just take a long look at 'The U' or 2/3 of the other colleges that cannot get their students into the stadiums (even those that are on-campus) and you'll probably pick a different battle. One reason my daughter picked Clemson was because of the open student ticketing and the atmosphere in Death Valley. We were at FSU two years ago and she looked at me at kickoff and I knew we would be paying out-of-state tuition to Clemson. The university has started to push the envelope by going to online student ticketing and moving Central Spirit into a less desirable location to allow for more flexibility to sell student tickets to the public. I understand it is a critical balance between revenue and keeping the students happy but they really need to be careful to ensure they keep the students in the stadium. Look no further than Notre Dame. Our kids packed the student section 1-hour before the game rocking to the DJ. Clemson's bread-and-butter is that they've been able to really be in the sweet spot when it comes to the balance between students, alumni and the community. The week before LSU played Syracuse and there were more LSU fans in the Carrieer Dome than Syracuse students, by far. And watching from my seat in 30-degree New Hampshire last night, the field goal was totally missed by ESPN. They replayed it after commercial. Wasn't stadium operations fault. Go Tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then do not go

Oct 18, 2015, 11:48 AM

Your spot can be taken by someone that will enjoy it. You probably do not yell, scream, and get loud either because the little bit of raspy voice that results from it, get on your nerves as well.

Its 2015. Get use to the DJ and Rap music or wear ear plugs.

Oct 18, 2015, 12:00 PM

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's about what the players want.... not what you want

Oct 18, 2015, 12:13 PM

Dabo gets it... he is dancing to "club" music after every win... get on board or stay at home

I'm 37, white, and love it.

Oct 18, 2015, 12:14 PM

I imagine recruits like it and I think its a cool idea. I don't like rap, but whatever.. i roll with it and have a good time. That is why I go to the games; to have fun. Find the joy brother.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

we are a top ten team, stop whining about stuff that is much a do about nothing...

Oct 18, 2015, 12:46 PM

Hadn't been playing Cypess Hill, and don't think they will considering their music is about smoking weed and street life in the Latino ghetto in LA

No. What we can do without is...

Oct 18, 2015, 1:04 PM

All the stupid awards and recognition and "honoring" every time there is stop in game play. Trust me, NO ONE CARES. A war hero or 2, fine. Let them come on the field so everyone can clap for them but, c'mon, most of that other garbage can take place behind closed doors. The brian Dawkins lifetime achievement award? Why doesn't he just put those resources into scholarships?

Having the DJ is the best thing to happen to Clemson game day atmosphere in the last 10 years.

The fact that the band has to play through an amplified PA system is pathetic and sounds HORRIBLE.

I don't mind him at all. Keeps it fun during commercials.***

Oct 18, 2015, 1:07 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic