Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light

Apr 4, 2014, 12:09 AM

Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light

Jordan Leggett made headlines last fall when he admitted to the media that he was a little lazy when it came to football, but a conversation with former Clemson tight end helped him see the light. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Leggett adopts Dwayne's mentality we could have another

Apr 4, 2014, 12:14 AM

great TE on our hands. Honestly I think this hurt us big time this season. Tajh loved going to the big guys (DA and Brandon Ford) in some tough situations.

Agreed. The TE is huge in our offense that we had no one

Apr 4, 2014, 7:44 AM

Cooper, leggett, and Seckenger were alright but nothing like the sure handed Ford and the physical freak of a mismatch in Allen. I truly thought that the loss of Allen and Jaron Brown would hurt us more then Nuk last year because of how money those two were when Tajh needed a safety blanket.

Imagine what would happen

Apr 5, 2014, 1:22 AM

If we used the fullback too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: If Leggett adopts Dwayne's mentality we could have another

Apr 4, 2014, 7:56 AM [ in reply to If Leggett adopts Dwayne's mentality we could have another ]

Interesting that Dwayne Allen has a heart-to-heart with the man and imparts his wisdom and sage advise but Jordan mentions it as an afterthought to the more impactful and meaningful Youtube videos he watched of a stranger giving canned motivational speeches. I just find that odd.

Apr 4, 2014, 10:21 AM

How do you know it was a heart-to-heart conversation? All we know is it was a conversation that happened.

Also, just remember that these guys are young and they're not necessarily professional interviewees. He's just answering questions as they come. Let's not dump on this kid without reason.

Apr 4, 2014, 2:13 PM

Wasn't dumping on him at all. Just thought it was interesting that he seemed to get more out of the Youtube videos that he watched instead of a former great player. Thanks for the thumbs down.

Apr 4, 2014, 3:14 PM

I didn't give you a thumbs down...I don't think I even have the power to do that as a non-subscriber, but wouldn't have even if I did.

I guess what I'm saying is that just because he mentioned those things first doesn't necessarily mean they were more impactful on his change in attitude than speaking with Allen was.

Re: New Story: Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light

Apr 4, 2014, 8:13 AM

Lazy - an utterance I'll bet he wishes he had never said

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is a freak, if he steps up we will be saying

Apr 4, 2014, 8:54 AM

Sammy who?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: New Story: Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light

Apr 4, 2014, 9:39 AM

The "good" focus on their strengths, and the "great" focus on their weaknesses. What? Hello ?? Can't agree with that. That's like telling the squirrel to focus most of his development effort on his swimming weaknesses rather than on his climbing strengths. And telling the rabbit to focus mostly on developing his tree climbing weaknesses rather than on his sprinting strengths. Sure, you have to work on weaknesses when they get in the way of performance. But your return in effort to develop your weaknesses - so that you go from "terrible" to just "really bad" - is much less than when that effort is spent on developing your strengths into greatness. The great players, like Larry Bird, applied a huge work ethic - agree with Dwayne Allen on that - to his strengths to become "great". It is their work ethic, applied to developing their talents into performance strengths, that allow them to go from "good" to "great". Jim Collins in his book "From Good to Great" calls that the hedgehog concept. Also discussed in Gallup's "Now, Discover Your Strengths". So Mr Legett, apply that new work ethic into developing your talents into strengths, and manage your weaknesses, and you will become "great".

I take it

Apr 4, 2014, 9:43 AM

That you like to over-analyze.

Apr 4, 2014, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Lazy Leggett no more? Dwayne Allen helps young tight end see the light ]

If you have a weakness in your blocking at Clemson as a WR or TE or RB then you seldom get on the field to display your strengths as a receiver.
In one one one match-ups your opponent can exploit your weaknesses and you lose!

"What gets you to the next level.." - is Clowney

Apr 4, 2014, 9:50 AM

listening?

Sure he'll go top 5 because he is a freak of an athlete. Can he stay in the pros and make a difference without a work ethic?

Re: "What gets you to the next level.." - is Clowney

Apr 4, 2014, 3:19 PM

As a die hard Clemson fan for 60 years , yes , I think Clowney will make it big in the pros . He is still a young kid who just grew into a physical specimen . He will become a man someday .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 4, 2014, 10:24 AM

Great to see Leggett stepping up his game. His physical attributes are good enough to make him a high first-rounder in the NFL draft (especially given the recent rise in importance of TEs), but he wasn't there mentally last year. Hopefully seeing the error of his ways will push him to become the elite player he's capable of being.

Hopefully this will also stop some of the clowns on this site from taking unnecessary shots at him too. Some people here were saying he should be kicked off the team last year...ridiculous.

Leggett

Apr 4, 2014, 2:48 PM

Whatever it takes to get motivated i dont care what it is. Happy 4 him

Far&Away best TE from talent perspective. Does he want it?***

Apr 4, 2014, 4:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic