Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I take exception with David Hood's comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,684

I take exception with David Hood's comments

Jun 6, 2015, 2:54 PM

In his opinion, the "Leggett" coaching tree will not consider replacing Jack out of loyalty. Poppy ####! I'll bet you that Jack would be the first one to say that saying no to talking to Clemson because of loyalty to him is asinine

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I take exception with David Hood's comments

Jun 6, 2015, 2:57 PM

That's just it...Jack wouldn't get man or expect them jot to....but out of respect to him they will likely stay away. Sully is the only one who would consider and that's due to his wife's family being from here....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you don't believe that would at least cause hesitation

Jun 6, 2015, 3:03 PM

or pause in their consideration?

i think clemson has an uphill climb for some of jack's tree, even setting the loyalty issues aside. it may come down to the easy out for some; the michigan coach has already thrown that gauntlet.

idk, jack may very well say what you think, that doesn't mean the conversation would get far enough along to put him in that situation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you don't believe that would at least cause hesitation

Jun 6, 2015, 3:23 PM

Don't overlook Heefner......texas good recruiting ground

Re: I take exception with David Hood's comments

Jun 6, 2015, 3:57 PM

I think so to!!! If Jack really is all of what we believe him to be, Jack would be the first to tell any of them that if they were offered, they would be an idiot to turn the job down. If Jack hadn't thought that Clemson was a #1 job and place to work, he wouldn't have stayed at Clemson so long!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idiots to stay at UF or Vandy? How do you figure?***

Jun 6, 2015, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he might have meant

Jun 6, 2015, 4:28 PM

They'd be idiots not to take the job on the basis of protecting Jack's wounded pride (which itself doesn't necessarily exist).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Idiots to stay at UF or Vandy? How do you figure?***

Jun 6, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Idiots to stay at UF or Vandy? How do you figure?*** ]

Neither of those two jobs were being considered in my statement, I was speaking of Clemson and Clemson only as if they didn't work any where. The conversation wasn't about would they leave their present jobs, it was, would they turn the job down bc of their loyalty to Jack!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should've posted my thoughts here but I agree.

Jun 6, 2015, 5:51 PM

That sounds really strange to me, and honestly, if someone truly feels that way then we certainly wouldn't want them at Clemson if one person is bigger than the university.

Re: I should've posted my thoughts here but I agree.

Jun 6, 2015, 6:19 PM

Seems to me loyalty to Leggett is just an excuse. If they wanted to come to Clemson and coach, they would. Its that simple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,684
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic