Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you imagine the uproar if Bama & UGA both get in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,167

Can you imagine the uproar if Bama & UGA both get in

Nov 30, 2018, 9:18 PM

thus leaving 3 of the 5 conferences on the outside, looking in? I hope it doesn't happen, but you know the Big 12 and Big 10 will raise #### if it does. We might even see some changes made!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you imagine the uproar if Bama & UGA both get in

Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 PM

There will be 8 teams one day. What will really be lame is when the pundits are debating who deserves the 8th spot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:23 PM

If UGA wins, that will be a HUGE possibility!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:24 PM

Borderline lock.

Assuming Clemson, OU and Ohio State all win...

Nov 30, 2018, 10:38 PM

the CFP committee loses all credibility if UGa and Bama both get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Assuming Clemson, OU and Ohio State all win...

Nov 30, 2018, 10:45 PM

Why? I think they would lose all credibility if they didn't. Bama is a top 4 team. I want the best teams there.

They play this week to decide who is best! Why replay it in

Nov 30, 2018, 11:01 PM

3 or 4 weeks? That's worse than 2011, when LSU had to play Bama again after beating them in the regular season, AT Alabama!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They play this week to decide who is best! Why replay it in

Nov 30, 2018, 11:24 PM

Because tomorrow isn't part of the playoff and Bama is still better than Oklahoma and Ohio State. Most people know that. They will have 1 loss just like Ohio State who was crushed by Purdue. Ohio State gave up 50 points to the Terps. Bama will have 1 loss just like Oklahoma who has given up over 40 points 5 times this year. Bama's 1 loss will have been to a better team. Their goal is to get the 4 best teams in the playoff. Bama is one of the 4 best.

How dare you bring reasonable logic into this!

Dec 1, 2018, 8:46 AM

Why, it's like bringing a gun to a knife fight! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 10:43 PM

I don’t care if both make it but they need to both play again in the first round. Doesn’t need to be an sec love fest/bragging rights/national championship again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't need to play again. Winner in, loser out...

Nov 30, 2018, 11:05 PM

give someone else a crack at the winner! You could halfway excuse Bama getting in last year, since the other contenders had two losses, but there is no excuse for a one loss non champ getting in over a one loss conference champ!

Re: They don't need to play again. Winner in, loser out...

Nov 30, 2018, 11:28 PM

They will get in, so get used to it. Oklahoma and Ohio State if they win don't deserve to be there over a 1 loss Bama. If Bama wins or loses tomorrow, they are in. All we are finding out tomorrow is whether it is Georgia, Oklahoma, or Ohio State in the last spot. 3 spots are locked in if we beat Pitt tomorrow.

I suspect the same, having commented previously that

Nov 30, 2018, 11:56 PM

despite our idealistic thoughts the CFP won't survive in its present form if two SEC teams are in the final four too often.

Reports already indicate grumbling among Big 10 officials about SEC prejudice...A bad omen indeed.

Glad I don't have to serve on that committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,167
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic