Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I can’t even
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 411

I can’t even

Jul 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m trying to figure out what that is in the green skirt...

Jul 1, 2020, 11:26 PM

But yes, our vocabulary has shrunk quite a bit. The f bomb seems to be the adjective of choice for about every noun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An inebriated person worthy of one's sympathy.***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm only 43 years into this experiment.... But one thing

Jul 1, 2020, 11:39 PM

I've noticed throughout life, is that a college degree doesn't necessarily equate to someone being smart. In fact, the better the college, the better the education, the more likely one is to actually be less smart. College degrees signify that you can navigate a system and lifestyle sequestered from reality and write, say, and think as you're told. You can be molded essentially. Well, that is not necessarily a sign of intelligence.

College was a joke for me. Sure it was a lot of hard work. But it's not the real world. It's fun. A blast in fact. But you learn to please people who allege to be educated by regurgitating what they teach and showing them you understand their perspective. Doesn't mean you agree with it. In fact you think they're idiots not only for telling them what they want to hear, but for what they want to hear itself.

Wife interviewed a Yale grad once. Fresh out of school. Top of her class. Wife told her boss it would be a bad hire. Don't do it. Her boss didn't listen. She was hired. She had no work ethic. Was lazy. Did not do quality work. They had to wait a year to fire her. Still got sued.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm only 43 years into this experiment.... But one thing

Jul 1, 2020, 11:49 PM

Or you could come out and say it, a college degree has more to do with socioeconomic background than anything else.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:10 AM

Lot of poor people sacrifice a lot to attend college thinking it will make them rich. My first job out of college I earned $6.25/hr. Made connections and built a career and company on that $6.25/hr job. Now 20 years out you realize how unimportant college really was. Was a great time. But I could do my job out of high school. Just oversold as I see it. Wife years later admitted she almost called off the wedding when I had that job. Lol. Told her maybe I should have kept it a little longer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obviously a good salesman. Or some attribute.***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. I was quite the salesman back then.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:53 AM

Little did I know I was actually receiving a sales pitch not giving one. Oddly I've never done much sales or marketing. Product sells itself.

There is no way that I could do what I do without

Jul 2, 2020, 5:13 AM [ in reply to Not really. ]

a college education. Many professions are like that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 12:19 AM [ in reply to I'm only 43 years into this experiment.... But one thing ]

around these parts we call it...

Jul 2, 2020, 12:23 AM

being educated above your intelligence

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:48 AM

Jul 2, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm only 43 years into this experiment.... But one thing ]

Yeah, for tech majors you have to go to school. You can't develop new technology and do R&D without it, if that is your thing (happens to be mine).

But, as is typical for the left, the greatest bastion of white privilege in this country is the university system. Tenure!? What a joke of a system. The leftist snowflakes live in it and don't even recognize it.

Federal funding of universities needs to be significantly cut.

I know a guy that makes bank with Microsoft...

Jul 2, 2020, 9:16 AM

who didn't sniff college. He was just a major geek.

Does not.***

Jul 2, 2020, 12:10 AM

I suppose they are at least as smart as AOC.***

Jul 2, 2020, 6:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he was probably trying to get arrested

Jul 2, 2020, 7:55 AM

for being a topless girl. Didn't work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shameful. Hypocritical. Children.***

Jul 2, 2020, 8:55 AM

null

Wow, this was brutal and scary

Jul 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

I hope none of the cops egos were hurt during all this.

Replies: 18
| visibility 411
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic