Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lot of fans say we beat GA Tech tonight...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Lot of fans say we beat GA Tech tonight...

Mar 6, 2020, 8:56 AM

Because it's the last home game and GA Tech has nothing to play for since no ACCT and this is their last game. I doubt that because they can finish the year real strong after now winning 6 of their last 8 games and three straight. Most of their key players come back next year. Winning out with 4 straight wins is huge for them. It would have been different if they were limping to finish the season. After Wednesday's performance at Va Tech not so sure we will be the team limping and not playing for something. Also we have never had good student turnouts for Friday night games at Littlejohn. And the other fans as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last GTech game and VTech game were similar

Mar 6, 2020, 9:17 AM

pound and knock us off our game on the inside and out and we folded.

Tonight's game will be a test of the coaching staff. It will be interesting to see if we can handle it and push past rough play.

Re: The last GTech game and VTech game were similar

Mar 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

Doubt it, but what do I know?!

Re: Lot of fans say we beat GA Tech tonight...

Mar 6, 2020, 9:38 AM

Just no telling with this team. They are just all over the map on how good they play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lot of fans say we beat GA Tech tonight...

Mar 6, 2020, 10:11 AM

I think that GT will be playing for their first winning season in a long time so they definately will bring their A game tonight. Hopefully the Tigers will do the same. I bet that there will be a space crowd in LJ too. That will not help the cause. Big game. I’m predicting a ten point win for MY team!

I stole Brad’s notes, and have the inside scoop on our game plan:

Mar 6, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Lot of fans say we beat GA Tech tonight... ]

“Just gotta make shots.”

That’s it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ANYbody that tries to predict what this BB team will do

Mar 6, 2020, 10:14 AM

shouldn't.

One advantage we have tonight....

Mar 6, 2020, 1:50 PM

is that short turnarounds typically help the home team.
Also, some of our starters played less minutes Wednesday than normal....should leave them with a little more in the tank. We play a lot of guys (for better or worse), so we should have some energy at home.

Since Jan 1, we've beaten N.C. State, Wake, Duke, Syracuse, Louisville, and FSU at home.
Only home loss to Notre Dame without Simms....which I think was a fluke.
Basically we are "money" at Littlejohn since January 1.

On the road is a different story, obviously. We managed to win 3 road games all season. But we won at Chapel Hill...and that to me is still the highlight of this particular season of Tiger basketball.

GT is playing better, winning 5 out of last 6, but 4 of those wins were at home, with one road win at Wake.

When we have "rematches", we have won the 2 at home (Louisville and FSU)...but lost the 3 on the road (NCSU, Wake and Va. Tech).

I think we'll win tonight....but I don't feel great about the tournament next week.

Re: Lot of fans might be disappointed, then. I think it's

Mar 6, 2020, 3:11 PM

more of a coin toss who wins tonight if you ask me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic