Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still to this day, have never understood why Clemson basketball can't be competitive...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,442

I still to this day, have never understood why Clemson basketball can't be competitive...

Jan 23, 2017, 10:21 PM

It doesn't make sense. For anyone out there who was a student, and / or played pickup games at Fike on campus, Those Guys in there playing were dang good!!!! I swear some of them could put out a better effort than what we have seen thus far. Am I right about the Fike players, or not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still to this day, have never understood why Clemson basketball can't be competitive...

Jan 23, 2017, 10:29 PM

I used to see guys from the football team in there. Chansi Stuckey probably could have helped us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still to this day, have never understood why Clemson basketball can't be competitive...

Jan 23, 2017, 10:35 PM

Well, gauging by the location of this post, maybe they show up to play at the wrong location? Just my .02 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The competition at Fike isn't as strong as ACC***

Jan 23, 2017, 10:45 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I would say it still is superior to SEC though***

Jan 23, 2017, 11:28 PM

Clark and Fuller were pretty darn good.***

Jan 24, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to The competition at Fike isn't as strong as ACC*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2017, 10:50 PM

Saw The Fridge dunk a ball standing still. He looked good at Fike but we had a good coach and a good team then.

If we want to win is mostly about the coach.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2017, 11:14 PM

I always thought the same thing when OP was coach and I was at Clemson. I played like 15 hours of basketball a week and it was routine to see players that were more comfortable playing together than Clemson was. And despite the fact that Fike players didn't actually practice freethrow shooting most of them were likely better than our whole team. I would have been an 85% FT shooter if I was to guess. And I never played HS basketball and only shot FT's while waiting on guys to get back from the water fountain or super dead days just shooting around a bit.

I haven't watched much of BB's team play but its been rare for me to see effort and cohesiveness when watching Clemson play. And somehow we always suck at FT's, which is pretty inexcusable. OP's teams would have been much better if they played a few games at Fike every night IMO.

It can and should be.***

Jan 23, 2017, 11:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It can and should be.***

Jan 24, 2017, 9:19 AM

I know and I want it to be, as bad as anybody else.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,442
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic