Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Video: Remembering Gaines Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Video: Remembering Gaines Adams

Oct 23, 2012, 3:14 PM

Video: Remembering Gaines Adams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A great player who is certainly missed***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:22 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

He was a great one***

Oct 23, 2012, 3:33 PM

Re: Football Player Update: Video: Remembering Gaines Adams

Oct 23, 2012, 3:43 PM

For some body that I have never had a conversation with in my life. I still get very emotional when he is brought up even now. I loved the guy, he was one of Clemson's kids that loved Clemson and Clemson fans back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you 100%

Oct 23, 2012, 9:11 PM

My favorite player without a doubt. My coot buddy and I were talking about him the other day and he called me out... I suddenly became overwhelmed with sadness. Its is a genuine sadness that I cannot explain, but it happens every time his name is brought up..... Rest in peace Mr. Adams.

Re: I'm with you 100%

Oct 23, 2012, 10:21 PM

We have had a lot of greats at Clemson. But it would be hard to say someone else was greater than GA. RIP Tiger, and you are sorely missed. May God continue to bless his family and friends with great memories of him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2012, 3:48 PM

Every time I see Gaines Adams name I remember Wake forest 2006 when he won us the game!! Great player and a great person RIP Gaines we love you!!

Oct 23, 2012, 3:55 PM

My favorite Clemson player. When he played here at Clemson I had the chance to play Xbox with him in an apartment one evening then we all went out to eat after a while (I was a freshman in HS at the time) so I thought it was the best thing ever. He was a very nice guy and he had a smile on his face all the time. He loved Clemson and the Clemson family. I will never forget that day. God bless Gaines and his family. You will forever be missed.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

More Great Videos from Recent Hall of Fame Inductees

Oct 23, 2012, 4:54 PM

Gaines was definitely the man.

Here are some more great videos by the same production group, all focused on recent Hall of Fame inductees.

http://vimeopro.com/bobbyrettew/2012clemsonathletichalloffame

I still remember when I was in high school

Oct 23, 2012, 6:22 PM

and had a friend who worked for clemson that I would come up and visit. Gaines and Waters would play playstation with us and I never treated him like a celebrity and he never treated me like a fan but rather we were just friends. You could see his love for other people and the biggest part about him was his smile. Rather I saw him on the sidelines, in an apartment, or sat beside him at a baseball he was the same all the way around, he was always GA. Although I didn't get to go to his funeral, I was told by my friend that it was the same way every person there was impacted not by a football player, but by a friend and a brother

We love and Miss you GA

I welcomed him to Clemson during his freshman orientation

Oct 23, 2012, 6:48 PM

I gave him his Tiger 1 card and said something along the lines of wishing him the best in his football career. Who knew he'd be one of the best? He seemed almost embarrassed that I recognized him. Such a soft spoken guy and struck me as a genuine human being. Gone, but never forgotten...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd also like to note what a class act Steve Taneyhill was

Oct 23, 2012, 10:35 PM

in this video. I think it says a lot about their relationship and how much Steve cared for him. Excellent video.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd also like to note - AGREE!

Oct 25, 2012, 12:32 AM

I agree!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic