Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still doubt Tua is 100%
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I still doubt Tua is 100%

Jan 7, 2019, 9:35 AM

His game against Okie was impressive but I'd like to see how it works out when Bryant, Ferrell, Wilkins and company say hello.

Will glassman end up in the tent several times? Stay tuned...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even if he does come out Hurts did pretty good

Jan 7, 2019, 9:43 AM

Leading Bama back against GA. Still would rather play Hurts than Tua though. But I kinda hope Tua stays in the whole game because if he doesn’t and we win with Hurts at QB you know everyone will say that’s why we won

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A win is a win in this one, IMO

Jan 7, 2019, 9:47 AM

Seeing what Hurts did in the SECCG, it appears that it isn't your typical "dropoff" between 1st and 2nd string QB.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's not as if I give a chit what they say.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:10 AM

The trophy will be home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A win is a win in this one, IMO

Jan 7, 2019, 10:20 AM [ in reply to A win is a win in this one, IMO ]

Hurts looked good against UGA because UGA quit pressuring the QB midway through the 3rd quarter. Tua took the team down the field with ease to make it 28-21 because UGA quit pressuring him. up to that point Tua was like 3 for 11 passing. The trick is to keep the pressure on Tua or Hurts and make them beat you scrambling. Neither has been able to pass the ball very effectively while being pressured. Oklahoma couldn't pressure the QB and still outplayed Bama for the remaining 3 quarters. Had not Oklahoma not spotted Bama 28 points we would be playing them instead of Bama. Trevor needs to recognize the Bama's pressure and get the ball off fast or scramble to give himself more time. If he does that he's going to make Bama's secondary pay big. Also, Bama's front 7 isn't as dominate as in past years. they're giving up like 3.5 yards per carry and that's way up over past years. Trevor needs to have a good game on the read options with an occasional keeper to make Bama respect his legs. He's done a lot better job of this the last 3 or 4 games and it's made a big difference in the opposing pass rush.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A win is a win in this one, IMO

Jan 7, 2019, 10:50 AM

Hope you are exactly right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been told that...

Jan 7, 2019, 9:47 AM

the injury he suffered takes about 3 months to heal properly WITH REST. That being said I still think he is a phenomenal talent and extremely dangerous...but 80-85%? no...

You really nailed it and I'm surprised that we

Jan 7, 2019, 9:48 AM

have not heard more about it from the talking heads. He had surgery about a month ago and there is no way that it is completely healed. I don't think it would take much to tweak it and put him out of the game. Even Hurts' ankles are not in the greatest of shape. I don't think you can discount and injury having a huge impact on this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somehow ESPiN believes that they can talk...

Jan 7, 2019, 10:15 AM

Bama to another championship. It's their brand and how they feed their families.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OU had little to offer in the way of defense.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:09 AM

Sack the kid a time or two and he sees phantoms. He throws picks, throws the incompletions and runs around like a chicken with his head cut off until someone sacks him. He'll turn and run right into somebody's arms.

If I were a tackle or big linebacker who was going to tackle him I'd wrap him up high around the shoulders or chest and try to push him straight into the ground. He doesn't have enough common sense to take a sack and he'll tear his legs and ankles up trying to stay on his feet with an extra 300 on him.

UGA tortured him for three quarters in the SECCCG.

Re: I still doubt Tua is 100%

Jan 7, 2019, 10:13 AM

Tua's 80% is better than mosts 100%. We just need to be ready. 4 Quarters of hard nose football ahead of the Tigers tonight.

Re: I still doubt Tua is 100%

Jan 7, 2019, 10:25 AM

That cold damp air might get him feeling pretty sore in the 2nd half. That ankle and the hits may really slow him down after halftime.

I think he can run straight without legs.

Jan 7, 2019, 10:30 AM

The kid runs around in circles like Mayfield when his protection breaks down. He was throwing off his front foot without rotating his body much during the SECCCG. That ankle was hurt early in the game but they didn't know how bad it was at the time.

Re: I think he can run straight without legs.

Jan 28, 2020, 11:18 PM

He's is a beast. That games was in a climate controlled arena at least on nice turf. He has a tougher environment tonight. Although, he is probably way healthier than he was.

XT off the edge needs to check Tua's speed....often

Jan 7, 2019, 10:45 AM

and repeatedly

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic