Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ...

May 11, 2012, 11:44 AM

hide and watch

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that what your Magic 8 ball told you? TU anyways!***

May 11, 2012, 11:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ...

May 11, 2012, 12:01 PM

It would be nice but its never gonna happen...we missed out on our only opportunity a long time ago

Does that mean we can cry about having to play UA & Arky?***

May 11, 2012, 12:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody think that's funny? What is this don't bash USuCk day***

May 11, 2012, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2012, 12:24 PM

I tend to agree. Last summer (or maybe 2010-time flies), ESPN reported TAMU, Mizz, FSU and Clem were going to the SEC. I don't think they would have reported it all over the network if there wasn't something to it. Days later the SEC denied any desire to expand. Days later than that TAMU and Mizz are in the SEC. Now the SEC says they are happy with their current membership and then we create an athletic advisory committee. Something is in the works.

I think the SEC is the best case scenario for us. It reestablishes rivaries and the SC would have conference meaning. Sure, we would get beat up, but I would much rather go to Knoxville, Athens, Baton Rouge than Raleigh Durham. (There is a reason sc sold out every game during a 0-21 run, the competition) No it doesn't expand the SEC TV footprint, but the creation of new matchups, it would expand their viewership to a national level...moreso than it is already.

May 11, 2012, 12:27 PM

NEVER happen. South Carolina and Florida DO NOT want it to happen. Call it "Cock"blocking or whatever you want, but the money we bring in with the SEC TV deal is allowing us to be on top of this state right now. Just ask Mickey Plyler who stated this week on the radio that our schools athletic department is light years ahead of clemsons right now. Baseball, football, basketball, womens basketball, tennis, whatever. The money we make has created this and built all new facilities so why would we ever allow clemson in the SEC? IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN if we have any say in it.

Having said that...why would you want in the SEC? Do you realize a playoff is coming and eventually it'll be up to 8 teams? It'll be sooooo much easier for you to get in if you stay in the ACC. Why do so many clemson fans not get that?

May 11, 2012, 12:31 PM

Light years ahead????? Just because you all are having success doesnt mean your light years ahead of us...thats absurd...

May 11, 2012, 12:34 PM

With the TV deal it is. Why do you think this board is wanting to jump ship so bad? When I say light years ahead I mean witnin the last 3 years after the SEC TV deal. We have built new EVERYTHING and haven't stopped.

May 11, 2012, 12:35 PM

we are building new ourselves...and u needed to build to catch up with us

May 11, 2012, 12:40 PM

I agree we needed to catch up, but I'd say we did that AND SOME. Baseball stadium (I'd say that paid off nicely with 2 titles), basketball arena (it's pretty new, but built before SEC TV money), football stadium (new weight room, players lounge, suites, scoreboard, etc), brand new tennis court, new softball field being built, new soccer field being built, and so on. I'd say we've done well with the money.

May 11, 2012, 12:43 PM

I may be wrong but technically the basketball arena isnt truly yours is it...I thought the city owned that.Doubt that the baseball stdium had much to do with winning the 2 titles

May 11, 2012, 12:51 PM

Good point. Not sure if we are leasing that arena or how that works. I was thinking we bought it with our dollars, but got a sponsor to put their name on it. It used to be called Carolina arena I think before a sponsor came about. Maybe it's ours and WE lease it to the city for events.

Wrong !! It is NOT yours !! *****

May 11, 2012, 7:56 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm, we definitely own our basketball arena***

May 13, 2012, 6:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Look who decided to crawl out from under their rock...***

May 13, 2012, 6:15 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First...your football facilities are not nicer. Second...

May 11, 2012, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

tennis? Softball? widgetbowling? Who cares? Third, yes you have a nice baseball park. Maybe top 1-2 in the country. Ours is top 5, so not too worried about the gap there.

The money thing is not an issue...yet.

It will be once the extra fees that USuC is charging its

May 11, 2012, 8:18 PM

fan base for its improvements hits the wall. Gas pumping and pizza delivery only generates so much in savings. Once they've burned through that, the money could backslide very quickly.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

When are y'all gonna build a new 5 Points?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

Well SEC money did help the coots buy 3 years of NCAA probation and 5th place rings, that has to count for something, someone got fat pockets out of the $536,000 +, In SC courts $100,000 will get someone convicted of murder life and not the chair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2012, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

The chickens have been in the SEC for how many years??? and they just recently managed to actually win a couple of games against us? What was their ignorant excuse all those other years?? 63-17 - Hey LOUser, what's up with that? 4-in-a-row? What's up with that? What a freakin' dumbazz coot.

Famous words by their hero:
"What do you want me to do Ron?"

lmao at stupid coots.

May 11, 2012, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

If you listen to anything that mickey says,you are as much an idiot as he is.

May 11, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

Don't want it to happen. Does not matter what you want though. Bottom line is the SEC is great, doesn't need anyone blah blah blah, but the prospect of the big 12 on both flanks could change things.

Why the F aren't you over on FGF lobbying for USuCk to

May 11, 2012, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

Join the Big 12 or something? You guys know 5th place is the best you'll ever do. You think UT and UF will suck in two years? Your road get even harder and that isn't related to what you do it's relative to who you'll be playing.

Point is, the SEC doesn't give a $hit what SCAR wants

May 11, 2012, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

If they wanted Clemson, your school would have no say.

May 13, 2012, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I still contend that Clemson & FSU end up in the SEC ... ]

> Having said that...why would you want in the SEC? Do
> you realize a playoff is coming and eventually it'll
> be up to 8 teams? It'll be sooooo much easier for you
> to get in if you stay in the ACC. Why do so many
> clemson fans not get that?

I think the main frustration is the new 9 conference game requirement. because of that, Clemson has to make a choice of never being able to schedule a top tier BCS school or giving up the revenue of a home game every other year. IMO, I don't think they give up the home game. That being said, our SOS goes down, especially given the lack of competition across the board in the conference. So when it comes to playoff time, Clemson will have a hard time breaking into the top for (especially given our Orange Bowl performance and the overall ACC record in the BCS.)

Besides, we have had the "easier road" for the past 30 years and you see what that got us. That being said, I would rather see play UT, UGA, Fl, Aub, LSU every year than I would visit the high school stadiums of Duke, WF, UVA, BC etc.

Like it or not, it is on its way. The TV money actually

May 11, 2012, 2:26 PM

isn't anywhere near the discrepancy that coots love to throw out there, even when the SEC renegotiates their deal. An SEC network will take years to pan out, and with ESPN still owning Tier 2 rights after CBS's Tier 1 deal, there's not a whole lot of programming left over that's going to drive its value to the heights that's being thrown out there. Coot math is funny.

I give more credit to USuC's facilities growth to the decision to hire Hyman and his expansion agenda, and Spurrier's insistence, as well as all the new fees levied on coot fans to help make it happen. The SEC media revenue has been there all along but it wasn't enough to fuel their recent upgrades - it still won't be. Besides, you can only do so much with the pile of #### they call a campus anyway. You can shine over the look, but the smell is there just the same regardless, as is the mushy foundation.

From a competition standpoint, the ACC offers us an easier path to the pending playoffs provided we stop shooting ourselves in the foot against weaker teams. That doesn't stop the likelihood though that the SEC's move to 16 will be east with FSU and Clemson. As Slive and savvy media folks understand, adding teams simply based on TV markets is not as powerful as expansion based on brands and a cohesive product. With FSU and Clemson, the SEC owns outright the southeast with no room for interlopers. The ACC then becomes an Eastern league, and the Big XII a plains states league with a few renegade eastern programs mixed in for good measure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think if Slive hadn't gotten 2 greedy it might have happened

May 11, 2012, 4:30 PM

Missouri???? (& the Kansas City tv market)

Missouri was actually a great fit for the SEC. It's a

May 13, 2012, 6:01 PM

passionate fan base, they have a very strong academic reputation, they provided a footprint expansion that apparently the networks wanted to see in a first round of expansion, and it allowed the SEC to go west with 13 and 14, allowing for a 15 & 16 to be eastern schools that balance the divisions appropriately and contribute the most to its football brand on the heels of its footprint expansion.

Uh.....No.

May 13, 2012, 5:05 PM

Figure out a way for how to convince CBS and ESPN to pay up so that the current SEC teams do not take a reduction in TV revenue. That's over $300 million over the remainder of the current contract. Then don't forget to add money to cover bowl revenue. Then wait to see what additional monies SEC teams will get from renegotiated TV deals. Then, maybe, maybe we will talk.

Ha ha. Bawk bawk bawk. ESPN just confirmed that FSU and

May 13, 2012, 5:31 PM

Clemson today provide $900 Million in value over 15 years, or $60 Million annually - right now. And don't go start squawking about "TV markets" again - that's a losing train that will get you the ACC as it is today.

Sorry. I know it'll break your little chicken heart, but it's coming.

LMAO.

May 13, 2012, 5:38 PM

You also claim that flirtation with the Big 12 will have the SEC come running to FSU and clemson. Well, I guess we will find out in the next couple of months. I can't wait to see your heart broken. I know, I know, you really don't want to go to the SEC. Riiiiggggghhhhhttttt.

I don't. It's coot-infested. I'd rather the ACC have its act

May 13, 2012, 5:54 PM

together and simply make good on its potential. The road to the new championship series would be a little easier, the academic alignment is better, and the basketball is great, and I love basketball. Look what SEC basketball has done for you coots - pathetic turnout for games nobody cares about, except Kentucky and that's it.

ACC basketball is a great atmosphere and the SEC doesn't compare by a long shot. Unfortunately, though, the ACC is squandering its football value, and we're at the heart of that. So...

Our conference has blundered its way to where we are now, and the circumstances are in front of the SEC where this is their absolute next step. It will be ours and FSU's to pass on. Guess how that's going to go...

Riiiigggghhhhhtttttt. LMAO.

May 13, 2012, 6:12 PM

We will see by mid-summer. I can't wait to see you post then. LOL

Says the coot who lives on his rival's message board.

May 13, 2012, 6:37 PM

If you weren't terrified of the prospect of Clemson in the SEC, you wouldn't keep spending your time here squawking like it ain't so. It is so very sad, and will indeed be HILARIOUS when this comes to pass.

Enjoy your down time.

LMAO. Hope your wife hides the razors, guns and rope at the

May 13, 2012, 6:40 PM

time. LMAO

When I start visiting FGF - that's when my wife needs to

May 13, 2012, 7:04 PM

start hiding the razors guns and rope. Keep laughing, it'll help drown out the misery that's coming for you.

Re: When I start visiting FGF - that's when my wife needs to

May 13, 2012, 7:16 PM

Whatever you say big guy. LOL

Re: Ha ha. Bawk bawk bawk. ESPN just confirmed that FSU and

May 13, 2012, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Ha ha. Bawk bawk bawk. ESPN just confirmed that FSU and ]

Lou:
That $60 million number would seem to be reasonable but how does that get FSU and Clemson into the SEC? The SEC is rumored to be getting a new TV deal that may pay $30 million per team. So if FSU and Clemson will bring in another $60 million then they may be able to pay for themselves but how do they bring more money to the other member schools? What is the incentive to add schools that don't increase money to everyone?

The $30 million allows for what the SEC does with 3rd tier

May 13, 2012, 6:31 PM

rights and their own network, not what the networks are paying for Tier 1 and 2 rights. That network number is expected to be in the low $20M's.

Lou, if indeed the SEC will start its own network,

May 13, 2012, 6:43 PM

going into new states rather than existing footprint for teams 15 and 16 is what makes sense.

Ridge, do you live in SC and have the BTN as part of your

May 13, 2012, 7:02 PM

cable or satellite line-up? This is a wildly mistaken formula for the growth of a cable network. The SEC doesn't need Va. Tech or NC State or any other team in a "new market" to affect the value of an SEC network in those states. College football fans in Virginia and North Carolina and Maryland and wherever are going to tune in to watch SEC football because of what it is. NC State is not going to light CBS' or ESPN's fire.

Check the ratings in those states now for SEC games vs. ACC games on network television, and I'll bet they're about even.

Lou, I've followed this thing closely. Everything I've read,

May 13, 2012, 7:11 PM

EVERYTHING equates Network with added footprint. EVERYTHING I've read has pointed to a "Network" being what Slive wants. Hey, I WANT in the SEC. Believe me, I do. It's not happening. Everything I've read concludes that the SEC is going for more territory.

BUT, I'm giddy and stoked about the possibility of getting into the Big 12. I would hate to see us ##### foot around and blow that chance. To me, it's a nightmare for FSU to leave and out Administration to say that we are an ACC team and thus staying (which is what some articles are saying).

It's also about more than just today's status. Things are

May 13, 2012, 6:47 PM [ in reply to The $30 million allows for what the SEC does with 3rd tier ]

cyclical and always will be in college football. With FSU and Clemson on board the SEC would and forever shall be the only dog in town throughout the southeast, regardless of what Ga. Tech or Miami decides to do. They'll have unquestioned control over college football country with no legitimate interlopers in its midst. There's significant value to that in the coming decades. It's greater than the sum of its parts.

Oh Lou, Lou, Lou, you don't know how much I want

May 13, 2012, 6:51 PM

Clemson in the SEC to happen. It won't my friend. It just won't.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic