Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday night in the Valley ———
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,595

Saturday night in the Valley ———

Oct 11, 2020, 1:55 PM

Saw my first Tiger game in 1961 and haven’t missed many home games in all those years but the game I watched Saturday night was as good a performance as I’ve seen in a long time. The first quarter was so dominating by my team that I wasn’t sure if I was awake or dreaming. The coaching staff had the Tigers ready for this game. I think this might be Coach Eliot’s best job in a long time. Great play calling as he had the Canes confused with every snap. That one single play by King was IT for the Miami team all night!

I bet the team works on field goal execution this week. I’ve never seen three in a row blocked. Dabo was really upset after the last one. He let one official know what he thought! What did you see at home on tv?

It may take another game or two before the OL becomes a dominating unit but they improved saturday.

Two games in a row where a sure TD pass was dropped.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday night in the Valley ———

Oct 11, 2020, 2:09 PM

I have an idea that there will be some changes on the right side of the line. All 3 blocks seemed to come from there.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:38 PM

Two of the OL (Right Side) got knock on their butt on two of the FG attempts. We are not use to seeing that kind of play from the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still can't believe ladson dropped that...

Oct 11, 2020, 2:51 PM

But Rodgers last week was a TD catch...we screwed up and went to quick, didn't give them time to review.

Re: I still can't believe ladson dropped that...

Oct 11, 2020, 4:04 PM

I was referring to the ball Dixon dropped.

Oct 11, 2020, 4:19 PM

Yes, Dabo was visibly flustered-with himself. He realized he got a bit greedy.

The mechanics of the blocked kicks on TV were somewhat surprising. They didn’t seem to be due to any outstanding defensive individual player or performance. Rather it appeared that they overwhelmed the middle of our line, physically pushing through each time. They simply broke us down.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,595
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic