Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BKB Update: Clemson to Face Wake Forest on Tuesday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

BKB Update: Clemson to Face Wake Forest on Tuesday

Feb 24, 2014, 11:41 AM

Clemson to Face Wake Forest on Tuesday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean "Clemson to BEAT Wake Forest on Tuesday"

Feb 24, 2014, 11:46 AM

Go BBALL Tigers!

^^^THIS^^^***

Feb 24, 2014, 12:07 PM

Now playing 18 ACC games, used to be as little as 14

Feb 24, 2014, 1:18 PM

"This is the 15th time in 61 seasons Clemson has amassed at least eight ACC regular season wins. The program has had just seven nine-win seasons. "

Comparing number of wins over years is meaningless when number of total games played has changed so much. Even Dabo, and I love the man, brags about winning "11 games/year for 2 in a row" and such, when we used to play at most 11+1 and now it can easily be 12+1+1, so saying we matched something a team did way back in number of wins is either misinformed or worse an attempt to compares apples to oranges to make things look better than they are.

To even things, take 4 games out of this year's ledger...

Feb 24, 2014, 1:26 PM

Two from home and two from the road.

I remove the road games at Syracuse and Pitt (since we never played there before).

I remove the home games vs. Fla State (since they aren't original ACC members) and Virginia (because I don't like them).

So, removing the 4 games you seem so intent on arguing about, Clemson is 8-2.

I'm not sure what your point is.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To even things, take 4 games out of this year's ledger...

Feb 24, 2014, 1:32 PM

you could have removed Syracuse, Pitt and ND
We would still have the same # or wins!

Re: To even things, take 4 games out of this year's ledger...

Feb 24, 2014, 2:03 PM

My point is that when total number of games played is larger, statistically it becomes easier to reach a certain number of win totals. If this is not apparent to anyone but me I need to give back my BS and MS in Electrical Engineering that has given me an entirely happy career. Go Tigers.

we have 8 wins through 14 games.... explain

Feb 24, 2014, 2:04 PM

I'll hang up and listen

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: we have 8 wins through 14 games.... explain

Feb 24, 2014, 2:50 PM

Yes 8-6 is great and I love this team, esp the road tenacity shown. Not playing duke twice in 14 games and UNC twice in 14 gays, as we would do in older, 8 team ACC, has not hurt (UNC is down but we don't beat them regularly even at home.) So 8-6 I am elated over, and will hope we can do 10-8 or better. We were supposed to be finish 14 out of 15, so nothing should be taken away. But "9 wins" if that is 9-5 or 9-9, makes a difference, in both cases one can brag we "reach 9 games win level", but apples and oranges.

Not playing duke twice in 14 games and UNC twice in 14 gays?

Feb 24, 2014, 2:53 PM

I'm willing to bet there are more than 14 gays at UNC...HTH that helps

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Not playing duke twice in 14 games and UNC twice in 14 gays?

Feb 24, 2014, 3:36 PM

Oopps, I mean "14 games", bad typo...

I stay away from math as much as possible...

Feb 24, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: To even things, take 4 games out of this year's ledger... ]

...both for my peace of mind and the well-being of others.

But my long-standing memory of Clemson basketball is that "when total number of games played is larger, statistically it becomes easier to reach a certain number of loss totals." Wins are still hard to come by.

That said, this year's number of road wins is a statement that this team is more than the "same old Clemson basketball."

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this year's number of road wins

Feb 24, 2014, 3:37 PM

dat is the biggie. most every clemson team ever loses #### near every road game. and that has made all the difference

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also for football, it may be easier to get to 11 wins

Feb 24, 2014, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: To even things, take 4 games out of this year's ledger... ]

but the number of teams that do it consistently is more telling. If it's no feat, we should have a lot more teams winning 10+ games every year in a row, yes?

Clemson

Re: Also for football, it may be easier to get to 11 wins

Feb 24, 2014, 4:38 PM

Yes, I agree, very few can claim to be able to have 11 win seasons. So the correct thing would be to say something like "we are the only team to win 11 in 2 years except A,B,C and D since 12+1+1 schedules became the norm." I just feel it is a bit unfair to compare a 11-2 team w/ a 11-1 team just by focusing on the "11", when they key number here is "1" or the "2".

Saying that, next year with new QB and all I will be happy again w/ 11-2, though would rather go 12-2 or better.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic