Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech

Jun 16, 2015, 3:26 PM

Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech

Chandler Reeves’ recruitment has taken off over the last week, but despite the recent attention he doesn’t expect to extend the process more than a couple of more weeks. What does he say about Clemson and Georgia Tech? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech

Jun 16, 2015, 3:36 PM

Well if you wanna play in the NFL I can promise you the triple option is not a good offense to come out of. It's Clemson no one chooses GT over Clemson anymore can't remember the last time that happened.

You promise and your experience comes from????

Jun 16, 2015, 3:45 PM

Kid has 2 great options...

Heck, GT has put as many OL in NFL as we have the past decade (and has a better argument on being WRU than UT does to boot).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: You promise and your experience comes from????

Jun 16, 2015, 3:55 PM

hmm, none under johnson and 2 in the last decade.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmm - Andrew Gardner (2009), Shaquille Mason (2014)

Jun 19, 2015, 8:31 AM

Gardner now in 6th season in the NFL (played 14 games for Eagles last year)
Mason was drafted by Patriots this year

Both Tech wide receivers were drafted as well - NFL teams apparently like WR's who can catch and are able to block when needed

Re: You promise and your experience comes from????

Jun 16, 2015, 4:09 PM [ in reply to You promise and your experience comes from???? ]

GT recruits just barley better than a 1AA school. Them and Wake. I wouldn't be surprised if he already committed.

Jun 16, 2015, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech ]

According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/college), Ga Tech currently has 2 O-Linemen in the NFL, and
Clemson has 5 O-Linemen in the NFL. Not saying that makes Clemson a better choice for this kid, just pointing out the numbers.

So he really wants to play in a chop block offense?

Jun 16, 2015, 3:42 PM

That doesn't compute.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

GT = block on your belly, CU = block like a man!***

Jun 16, 2015, 3:50 PM

I simply couldn't look at PJ more than a day, easy decision.***

Jun 16, 2015, 3:58 PM

Jun 16, 2015, 4:33 PM

Good comments but I'm still trying to figure out what makes this kid coveted. His ranking is not exactly what we are used to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2015, 4:44 PM

The kid seems like a project to me. The build of a TE but probably doesn't have the speed/hands for it. Not saying we can't turn a TE into an OL (see Eric Mac Lain) but we should be chasing the Hyatts and Fruhmorgens of the world. Especially if we want to keep up with FSU. 2* rating on Rivals seems accurate.
I'm sure he's a great kid if Dabo offered but we need kids with character AND talent. Let GTI have him and take 3 years trying to bulk him up.

Jun 16, 2015, 4:59 PM

Same size (10lbs heavier) and ranking as JJ Watt out of high school and he seems to have turned out well. The coaching staff knows what they are doing. Judging by GT's importance placed on OL I would say this is a pretty solid kid.

We should be past second guessing our coaches on who they

Jun 16, 2015, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech ]

go after. I trust them to get the players that will help the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Keep your day job.***

Jun 16, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Coveted lineman down to rivals Clemson and Georgia Tech ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2015, 5:34 PM

Young man...if you read this we would welcome you to Clemson. We need quality young men and we would love to see you in a Tiger uniform. Come on down to the HIll and start your career at Clemson. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends what his career goals are ...

Jun 16, 2015, 10:57 PM

If he truly feels he has no shot as an NFL lineman, GTech is a fine academic institute and he would no doubt do well there.

However, if he wishes to play at the next level, rather than learning to cripple opposing players, he'll want to reconsider.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got to respect his opinions, but...

Jun 17, 2015, 3:04 AM

I think that's the first time I've ever heard anybody refer to the triple option as "fun" or "exhilarating."

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic