Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody have any experience with these?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 406

Anybody have any experience with these?

Jul 6, 2020, 10:56 AM

https://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/en/products/view/hybrid-special-1

Obed® answer at your own risk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy does

Jul 6, 2020, 11:05 AM

and he can do some cool twangy, twongy, zwoooooshie, growly, and soothing riffs w/ it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JB massages Washburn Guitars, IIRC***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:18 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I should've prefaced my message with me not

Jul 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

knowing dink about geetars.

drummer life brah

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither do I, but I do remember reading the liner notes for

Jul 6, 2020, 1:06 PM

the WSP albums and JB always (insert random verb) Washburn guitars. I'll pull the CDs out later and check behind myself

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franc, I’d like to help, but unfortunately

Jul 6, 2020, 11:12 AM

I don’t know everything about guitars. I’d just like to say, in complete humility and deference, that it looks cooler than any guitar in my collection and sounds quite interesting.

I would ask cmfreeman or RH or I think Cu85 plays too.....those guys can give you a truly valuable answer, as they possess knowledge I do not.

With apologies,
Obed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Franc, I’d like to help, but unfortunately

Jul 6, 2020, 11:15 AM

just wondering how it is used in practice. I often have to switch back and forth between electric and acoustic and interested in how it sounds.

$800 seems kind of cheap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Franc, stop it with the pointed "gotcha" questions, please.***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:17 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

good grief, I'm slow today***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:20 AM

I wish

Jul 6, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Franc, I’d like to help, but unfortunately ]

I could play

I have trouble playing the radio

Thanks for the compliment

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Go on, get on with it Obed

Jul 6, 2020, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Franc, I’d like to help, but unfortunately ]

Tell us how you can't afford anything like that because you're a diabetic war veteran trying to raise foster kids on disability income, and your knowledge is admittedly limited because all of your time goes toward your "Feral cats for Homeless People with AIDS" project. Thus, you'd have to defer to someone else.

Get that humble brag in there somewhere, I KNOW YOU WANT TO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I only want to know who TD'd it.***

Jul 6, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Franc, I’d like to help, but unfortunately ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I've heard the name, but never seen one in person.

Jul 6, 2020, 11:31 AM

I assume it's something along the lines of the Fender Acoustasonic Tele and Strat. Sounds like the hybrids are a thing this year. I see some glowing reviews online for the Fenders, and probably just as many bashing reviews for them. I think hybrids are probably a matter of personal taste for the player, and some tweaking to get the tones you want. That said, $800 for a hybrid is FAR better than a what Fender is asking for theirs.

On a side note, I have an Ibanez SRH500 bass. It's a semi-hollow with a piezo pickup in the bridge, which is pretty much a hybrid bass. Plays great, and it's my go-to for acoustic jams. It's not a great rock bass, but it's OK. I guess it all really depends if you can live with the weaknesses that a hybrid will bring to the table by its very nature.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks...

Jul 6, 2020, 11:36 AM

the $800 is what is scaring me a little. When it comes to instruments, you typically get what you pay for.

None of my guitars are real expensive. My most expensive acoustic is a Breedlove and I bought it used on Craig's list. But it is still heard and shoulders above my Ibanez acoustic that I paid roughly $500 new.

For the most part, that's true.

Jul 6, 2020, 11:53 AM

I think Reverend Guitars really gives you a ton of exceptional value for what you pay across their entire line of instruments. Most of the large major manufacturers have models that might be a great value, but that get what you pay for maxim probably holds true for the majority of the big manufacturer's stuff. Boutique manufacturers are typically a little more expensive because they can't churn out a huge volume and lack the wide distribution, so I would be a little wary of something like the Michael Kelly at that price point for those reasons, but a hands on demo will tell the tale every time.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody have any experience with these?

Jul 6, 2020, 2:34 PM

I like the Godwin A6 a lot:
https://reverb.com/item/34335924-godin-a6-ultra-semi-acoustic-electric-guitar-cognac-burst

Here’s a sales pitch/review:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=pwPqyhZfgQU

Taylor makes the T5 that’s great, but they’re pricey - usually around $2,000.

As The Warlord mentioned, Fender has entered the market with the Acoustasonic. Also around $2,000.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0V3ZPcIuI

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 406
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic