Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stock Market has worst plummet since our last Pub prez.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Stock Market has worst plummet since our last Pub prez.

Dec 21, 2018, 4:23 PM

But since you guys all followed my advice in February, you're all set. :)

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/SELL-NOW-23080386

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Buy now!***

Dec 21, 2018, 4:38 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's more the Fed than the economy or the President.

Dec 21, 2018, 4:43 PM

Wages, inflation, economic growth, all remain basically steady over a decade and yet Wall Street just keeps climbing WAY beyond inflation, GDP, or any other growth. It's disassociated from the economy in general and tied more to interest rates and debt which funds us now. So they're paranoid, and rightfully so.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-rate-history-highs-lows-3306135

I just hope it's not a worst case scenario. "Normalizing" rates to our current growth rate and inflation levels would put it around 4-5%. We're not halfway there. They're blowing the froth off the stock market. Just the other day Greenspan said low rates precipitate a crisis. Money always flows to some form of debt with low rates, and a crisis comes later when the greediest get their ##### handed to them. According to Greenspan a crisis is coming, we just don't know the debt involved. Mortgages again, student loans, corporate, government, who knows. Worst case is we get inflation and it's ALL debt broadly across many sectors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's ALL Fed bro

Dec 22, 2018, 8:59 PM

Forces working against the President to create a recession leading up to the 2020 election. Economic prosperity has been Trumps flagship accomplishment and its historically a major factor in election decisions (see Trump victory 2016). But don't tell the manufacturing sector this....they're shrugging it off. The silver lining might be that our rising interest rates will attract foreign money since rates are flat for the rest of the world. Our fkd up Fed is the only bank pulling this sh!t.

http://www.nam.org/outlook/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure if sirrius.***

Dec 21, 2018, 5:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

ded sirrius***

Dec 22, 2018, 7:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

There's a simple solution.

Dec 23, 2018, 11:18 AM

We need another Dem in office who will QE stimulus until we're permanently out of this. How many do you think it will take, 100 or 150 more trillion?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a simple solution.

Dec 23, 2018, 8:30 PM

I think you're referring to the additional debt we've piled on since electing President Game Show Host.

- Jonathan Swift

Remember when the smartaszes would give you a 20 spot...

Dec 23, 2018, 9:56 PM

and tell you not to spend it all in one place. Yeah, neither did Obama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So when is the final GDP numbers for Trump's 2nd year...

Dec 21, 2018, 5:23 PM

come in. I'm looking forward to breaking even with you and I hope this market selloff doesn't put me in to you two c-notes.

Fingers crossed.***

Dec 22, 2018, 7:42 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Re: Fingers crossed.***

Dec 23, 2018, 11:12 AM

If I can find a cosigner will you finance my debt. I didn't feel guilty about interest on the debt during Obama's administration when the fed number was zero but now...not paying interest is starting to weight on my conscience.

I waited till October to shift my allocations

Dec 21, 2018, 6:11 PM

When the DJIA was over 1000 points higher than your sell off warning.

FACIAL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I shall seek your guidance going forward.***

Dec 22, 2018, 7:42 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic