Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues

Sep 29, 2014, 11:17 AM

Kalon Davis on run issues

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues

Sep 29, 2014, 11:24 AM

That may have some truth to it but the backs have to take advantage to what's in front of them. If you see it's blocked here then go there or over here don't just continue to run aimlessly with your head down. Also please try to stay on your feet make the defense know that when you get the ball they don't just have to run at you or wait for you to come to them. Granted the coach may be able to call a good play the players are still going to remember if you challenged them.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:07 PM

Lets say they do load of the box. There's 7 guys for the 5 down OL, the QB and the RB (3 1/2 for each side of the line). Each linemand should be able to get a helmet on helmet and possibly slide off to pick up a LB. You should still be able to creat space and pick up yardage. {play action or misdirection or you just outrun them to the edge}. Our RBs can't out run a snail.

The typical running play seems to take too long to develop and the RBs don't seem to run with a purpose.

Run Play
- Snap the ball
- QB finds the RB
- Handoff
- RB shuffles to the left or right
- RB then starts tap dancing like they're going to juke the jock of the would be tackler
- RB then runs right at the tackler
- RB runs into the tackler
- RB spins
- RB then falls down. Never seeming to keep his feet.

It's like watchin the PAW drill

Gurly - Watch Gurly when he runs to a hole. He's running and he tries to avoid the tackler unless he has to run him over or hurdle him.

GT - You pretty much have to load everyone in the box but how many yards are they picking up.

There's has to be a way to pick up 4-6 yards on a run play!

Sep 29, 2014, 12:39 PM

You hit the nail on the head. Its like they are looking for a hole that will allow them to make 25 yards. The first crack they see blast it with bad intention to who ever is there. A little of something is a lot better than nothing. Hit the cracks before they are filled with bodies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 10:41 AM

Isn't that on the RB and OL coaches?

Sep 29, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues ]

I personally think and believe that our RBs don't start their run with bad intentions. It is MUCH harder to get a firm grab on someone running at or around you full speed. Good power RBs hit the LOS full blast in their power stroke and all of them pick up yards. ### that jumping side to side trying to find a wide open space. Hit the first crack you see full speed ahead and make the crack open up. See James Davis run, he didn't screw around waiting on a hole that may never open, he hit the cracks hard with bad intentions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2014, 10:42 AM

I agree. Too much East-West tap dancing.

if you go here or there and it works no 1 will

Sep 29, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues ]

Say a thing. If you go here and there and it doesn't work, you will be criticized for not following the play. No win situation when things don't go well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I sent this thread to coach Swinney and Morris, I am

Sep 29, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues ]

sure that they are going to learn a lot about football from it and realize that their jobs are in jeopardy from all the smart FN people on this board. We could save the school a lot of money with coaching by committee. Especially with all of the knowledge out there on Tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sent this thread to coach Swinney and Morris, I am

Sep 30, 2014, 10:48 AM

So you are saying that the fans don't have a right to make observations? If coaches are never wrong, the T. Bowden would still be here. It seems painfully obvious to me that our OL line is mediocre and our run game virtually non-existent. I guess you feel we are just all peaches and cream there. But, you have a right to your opinions.

I saw Mr Davis get blown back 2 yds killing the run lane Sat

Sep 29, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Kalon Davis on run issues ]

A man that size and strength should not be back pedaling on a run block.

There were several plays in which our guards were blown up and the tackles missed the stunts.

Re: I saw Mr Davis get blown back 2 yds killing the run lane Sat

Sep 30, 2014, 10:49 AM

Be careful. The thought police are out there.

Take what they give you.

Sep 29, 2014, 11:40 AM

If they sell out to stop the run, kill them with the pass which is what we did. I can't say that I understand the strategy given that DW was one of the nation's top passers going into the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Well, we ran that DC off for a reason, didn't we?***

Sep 29, 2014, 11:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...That DA thought we was entitled to a shot at our

Sep 29, 2014, 12:36 PM

HC vacancy...How ridiculous does that sound?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Take what they give you.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Take what they give you. ]

Not to say I wasn't frustrated with the run woes, because I was, but we definitely took advantage of it in the pass game. I can't ever recall us ever taking so many deep shots in a single game.

Re: Take what they give you.

Sep 29, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Take what they give you. ]

My thought exactly, They tried to stop our run and make DW beat them with the pass. They thought they could get into the head of the true freshman and make him make mistakes. 6 TD passes later to 4 different receivers do you think they got the message. Don't mess with the beast.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if true and we know it, why not just pass every play?***

Sep 29, 2014, 11:54 AM

The last thing you want is someone to be able to predict

Sep 29, 2014, 11:57 AM

what you're going to do. It's keeping them honest and in this case we could predict exactly what they were doing. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not completely sold on that...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:11 PM

Lets say they do load of the box. There's 7 guys for the 5 down OL, the QB and the RB (3 1/2 for each side of the line). Each linemand should be able to get a helmet on helmet and possibly slide off to pick up a LB. You should still be able to creat space and pick up yardage. {play action or misdirection or you just outrun them to the edge}. Our RBs can't out run a snail.

The typical running play seems to take too long to develop and the RBs don't seem to run with a purpose.

Run Play
- Snap the ball
- QB finds the RB
- Handoff
- RB shuffles to the left or right
- RB then starts tap dancing like they're going to juke the jock of the would be tackler
- RB then runs right at the tackler
- RB runs into the tackler
- RB spins
- RB then falls down. Never seeming to keep his feet.

It's like watchin the PAW drill

Gurly - Watch Gurly when he runs to a hole. He's running and he tries to avoid the tackler unless he has to run him over or hurdle him.

GT - You pretty much have to load everyone in the box but how many yards are they picking up.

There's has to be a way to pick up 4-6 yards on a run play!

Me either. I understand that the other team may have been...

Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 PM

"taking away the run" but when you watch our guys run block, compared to other teams that do in fact know how to run the ball, our guys look very non-agressive. Often times, they appear to just be standing around watching our RB get smothered instead of driving someone off the ball. Just saying. I just don't think we are mean and nasty enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me either. I understand that the other team may have been...

Sep 30, 2014, 10:55 AM

I agree. Our O linemen don't seem to fire off the ball; don't seem aggressive. Isn't that on the OL coach?

Sep 29, 2014, 12:18 PM

Well they underestimated the H&ll out of DeShaun's ability to escape the rush. But their biggest and most fatal underestimation, was they severely underestimated his dead calm nature. One thing that we all have witnessed from his first snap ever in the big moment, he can't be rattled. How did UNC and Larry Fedora ever miss one of the most important factors of a DeShaun Watson. They could have brought all 11 players at once, and they would have paid the same price they paid Saturday. There will be no discounts with DeShaun Watson, and I have been convinced of that.

Doesn't explain why they can't open a crease on front 4.***

Sep 29, 2014, 12:38 PM

Does explain why it was a good decision to let Vic walk

Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM

though...He let us play to out strengths and we blew the top off his D several times, just like people used to do to us, with a secondary full of players who play professionally now

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the other 3 games

Sep 29, 2014, 1:14 PM

where we couldn't rush the football?

Our players and coaches need to stop saying its just a UNC problem and admit its a trend by now.

we are 113th in yards per carry...
at 3.1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you not watch the florida state game? Nothing was wrong with our rushing

Sep 29, 2014, 2:08 PM

attack or offensive line for the entire game. Before you complain please atleast do your research and know what you're whining about.

All due respect, HB -

Sep 29, 2014, 2:19 PM

we had 40 rushes for 101 against FSU.

Not far off our average ypc for the year.

Re: All due respect, HB -

Sep 30, 2014, 10:59 AM

Not exactly an overwhelming rushing performance. But, praising that shows how little we've come to expect from our running game. A total of 101 yards. Wow!

Actually, it's YOU who needs to do the homework...

Sep 29, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Did you not watch the florida state game? Nothing was wrong with our rushing ]

40 rushes for just over 100 yards is not exactly a benchmark we should be aiming for....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 29, 2014, 10:34 PM

Did he really say they played well on the offensive line? I've watched that game three times now and the oline was awful. I don't care if they bring both safeties in the box, the effort was terrible. Kalon Davis made some of the most awful effort plays i've ever witnessed. I'm tired of the excuses we continue to make. Be physical, be mean, be a psychopath, be something else than you are up front right now.

Sep 30, 2014, 1:05 AM

Two words....
D.J. Howard. go back and watch the game. I was there in person

The dude is stiff as a board.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic