Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,805

Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1

Dec 4, 2017, 12:10 PM

Against top 40 teams.

Did anybody see that stat yesterday? Unbelievable.

Guys, relax. We were literally made for this moment.

We played a significantly tougher schedule this year, won more convincingly down the stretch, and Alabama has noticeably regressed on both sides of the ball after Kirby and Kiffins departures.

Boys, I'm starting to feel better and better about our chances.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1

Dec 4, 2017, 12:11 PM

If we play today we win. Giving Saban a month to prepare and for them to get healthy makes it a daunting task. I still think we win but they will be fired up to get revenge on us

Dec 4, 2017, 12:18 PM

And Dabo, BV and company will make sure to fire up the Tigers so they can kick some serious 'Bama booty.

Dec 4, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1 ]

> If we play today we win. Giving Saban a month to
> prepare and for them to get healthy makes it a
> daunting task. I still think we win but they will be
> fired up to get revenge on us

I agree, they’ll be different if they are healthy.
I want the targeting called this year. If I were Dabo I’d be very clear on that point, openly with the National Media. Yes it will tick them off, but don’t you think they’re already ticked off? That LB shoulda had his season ended about 2 hrs earlier.

Dec 4, 2017, 1:25 PM

They have 2 linebackers out for the year, I think

Dec 4, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1 ]

ScElliott & BV have a month to prepare also.

Dec 4, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson 10-0 vs Alabama 3-1 ]

ScElliott & BV have a month to prepare also.

Noticeably regressed? Now, across years provides some...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:16 PM

issues, no doubt, but...

Total Offense

2016 34th 455 yds/game
2017 20th 465 yds/game

Total Defense

2016 1st 261 yds/game
2017 2nd 257 yds/game

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Also, Jalen Hurts is ranked 6th in Ttl QBR this year, he was 41st in 2016 having improved 15 points under the current OC.

Alabama does not throw as much, but Jalen has a higher passing efficiency than last year by nigh 20 points. He's only thrown one pick, he's better with his opportunities overall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noticeably regressed? Now, across years provides some...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:21 PM

The 'Bama boys rolled up huge numbers against pathetic competition. I'll bet their output wasn't quite as good against FSPU, LSU, Miss State and Aw-Burn.

Of course they did and they did so last year. Their SOS

Dec 4, 2017, 12:27 PM

finished 10th this year? Not bad, Top 10ish overall competition, but as I said it's difficult to compare across years, but this is a dang good team.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Most every team benefits from lower competition in padding. Kent State had a big impact as well, even though Dabo isn't a padder as we know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This^^^, hence 10-0 vs their 3-1 lol******

Dec 4, 2017, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Noticeably regressed? Now, across years provides some... ]

haha...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Noticeably regressed? Now, across years provides some... ]

but it sounded good

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strength of schedule, my friend

Dec 4, 2017, 12:28 PM

Your opponents will help dictate your stats and perception.

Example: South Carolina and Miami before we played them

Yes, it is still Bama. But I stand by my original opinions about them this year. Same offense, but less creative. And a slightly less stout defense than the past two years with noticeable different LB play.

I'm thinking had they run our gauntlet those # might be a little different.

I would be interested to see their strength of schedule or

Dec 4, 2017, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Noticeably regressed? Now, across years provides some... ]

Some type of metric as to their past last year versus this year.

I'm no stats guy or expert by and definition but having watched 4-5 of their games this year it seems fairly obvious that they don't quite pass the same level of eye test.

I realize this isn't as fact-based but i just don't get the same feeling watching them this year.

Playcalling much less creative. Hurts has not only not improved but seems to have even regressed down the stretch. And I think we both can agree that even if just for injuries alone their defense just isn't what it was the last two years.

Now, with that being said I realize they will probably come out on fire against us for a number of reasons.

But the "analyst" in me notices a difference in their schemes and execution this year. Especially with their linebacker play and having to rely on more blitzes to get pressure with the front 7.

Their offense seems pretty much the exact same. One great WR receiver threat in Ridley and two big physical RBs. Other than that they seem much more predictable than under Kiffin.

I'm actually pretty surprised to see those stats, honestly. What are your thoughts?

It's relative to the field, no doubt, and SOS is above...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:31 PM

it's teamrankings metric, I'm sure there are others. TR reports Alabama as 10th this year.

As I wrote, it's difficult to measure cross years, but this is a dang fine Alabama team, although different because they run far more, Saban's mission, but Jalen is more efficient, better overall according to Passing Efficiency & Ttl QBR numbers.

They run the ball and are very good at it.

Def agree with these talking points, and by no means

Dec 4, 2017, 12:37 PM

Am I insinuating this game will be a cake walk, but my confidence has begun to grow a bit since the announcement yesterday.

You got a prediction for the game?

I'm going to say 27-20, and unlike last year, it comes on a Clemson defensive stop on the final possession.

No prediction, but it's a tough draw for Clemson...

Dec 4, 2017, 12:50 PM

all things considered. I mentioned elsewhere, New Orleans is the belly of the SEC SEC SEC beast.

And nopes, I didn't believe you thought is was going to be a cake walk, not at all.

I see what you're getting at, but who they

Dec 4, 2017, 12:25 PM

played doesn't truly show what kind of team they have.

Saban very much wants this one, and he will coach them very hard. Gonna be a bloodbath!

Dec 4, 2017, 12:26 PM

Give Dabo, BV, Tony Elliott & Jeff Scott a month to prepare and ask Ohio St what happens.

Dec 4, 2017, 12:53 PM

i am relaxed - however, i am also a realist. this will be the toughest game we have played by a huge margin. wood rather play ughey or the girls from norman first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The way I look at it is

Dec 4, 2017, 1:25 PM

We're most likely playing Bama at some point, either the semifinal or NC game. I strongly feel that we're both the two best teams in the country. The winner of our game will most likely win it all. I also believe that if we play our at absolute best level, we can beat anyone at this point which is why I'm not as worried. We will get Bama's best game but like I said, we'd most likely see them in the NC game so we might as well knock them out earlier this year.

The one big thing I'm worried about is injuries. This will be a hard fought game and I could see us getting banged up after. Hopefully the damage is minimal so that we are healthy going into the NC game! Go Tigers!

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,805
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic