Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical for Trump supporters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1,045

Hypothetical for Trump supporters

Dec 13, 2019, 11:39 AM

If John Bolton and Mitch Mulvaney testified under oath said: “I spoke to the President directly and he said, ‘Screw Ukraine, either they announce a bogus investigation on the Bidens to help me in the election or else they don’t get foreign aid’” - would Republicans still support Trump?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's more like a rhetorical question

Dec 13, 2019, 11:42 AM

then answer is yes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Hypothetical for Felix

Dec 13, 2019, 11:44 AM

Since you’re a fiscal conservative as you say:

1-Tell us all what Trump financial and economic changes are your favorites.

2-From a strictly fiscal point of view, how would you rank the following: Trump, Obama, Clinton, Regan, FDR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would there be a dossier involved?***

Dec 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is yes. One of the o my things Trump has said that wasn’t a lie

Dec 13, 2019, 11:47 AM

was when he said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and wouldn’t lose any supporters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the only******

Dec 13, 2019, 11:48 AM

I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part

Dec 13, 2019, 11:49 AM

I don't see anything objectively bogus about this. The nepotism alone is concerning - even if Hunter Biden spoke Russian or Ukrainian or knew something relevant to his supposed "job."

Can you imagine the outrage on the left if Jenna Bush took this job?

It would be bogus if he asked Ukraine to investigate Cory Booker. That might be a problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part

Dec 13, 2019, 11:51 AM

Where was the Pub outrage in 2014 when Hunter was hired by Burisma? Why did it wait 5 years???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2019, 12:43 PM

Why has Trump all of the sudden become a racist circa 2016?

All good questions...

Bruh...

Dec 13, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

The nepotism? You mean like Ivanka, Donald Jr., and Kushner getting the jobs they did? Does that bother you?

Also, why did you cut and run in your thread where you defended a racist who was expelled from a private school?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

check again.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:54 AM

I responded that I was not aware it was a private school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also, a president is entitled to his/her own

Dec 13, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Bruh... ]

advisers. Personally, I don't think Jared/Ivanka et al. are qualified but thats his prerogative. That's far different from being hired by a foreign company simply because of family ties to a politician of influence.

So your argument is...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:27 PM

Biden's nepotism is concerning. Just imagine the outrage if Jenna Bush had received a job. Thus, you recognize bipartisan nepotism is bad.

But somehow it's okay that Trump does it. Got it.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

thats the opposite of what I said.

Dec 14, 2019, 11:23 AM

if Jared/Ivanka took a job at a company not owned by Trump that would be equally bad.

There wouldn’t be outrage from the left I don’t think.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

Although not left, I’m independent, and I’m not outraged that Trump used nepotism to put his kids in positions they don’t deserve on merit. That’s politics. Obama’s kids are going to get jobs wherever they want because of their dad, and I’m sure this happens to most politicians kids.

The bogus investigation isn't into how Hunter got the job.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

It's about Joe Biden pushing Ukraine to fire a corrupt prosecutor. And a big reason it's bogus is because, as Gordon Sondland testified, Trump didn't even really want an investigation, just an announcement on CNN that there would be an investigation. Another reason it's bogus is because Trump only cared about the supposed corruption once Biden formally launched his campaign for president. Further proof that it was bogus was how Trump suddenly released the congressionally approved funds to Ukraine once the story broke. Well first he lied and said the report was fake news, but when that didn't work he summarily released the funds.

Anyone who doesn't see what's going on here is either extremely gullible or in a deep, deep state of denial.

Sumbitch. The Deep State DOES exist.***

Dec 13, 2019, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rudy will get to the bottom of all things Ukraine like ....

Dec 13, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

Clinton’s email server
Obama’s birth certificate
Jimmy Hoffa’s remains
Who shot JFK
Is Big Foot real ...

Stay tuned.

BTW one good metric for keeping score of who’s side is most criminal is by tge number of convictions and guilty pleas.

And who better to fight corruption than the guy who

Dec 13, 2019, 12:22 PM

just admitted in court documents that he used funds from his own charity to settle legal obligations of his businesses and to purchase a portrait of himself!

There is a statute which forbids using public office to...

Dec 13, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

enrich oneself or one's family. The investigation has a predicate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to I'm going to zero in on the "bogus" investigation part ]

I'm surprised Alex, you didn't address the question. Clearly Hunter Biden's job at Burisma is problematic from an appearance stand point, but not illegal. Much like Ivanka's Chinese trademarks while her father is negotiating directly with the Chinese President. Or, last week Don Jr. went hunting in Mongolia and killed an endangered species illegally. Instead of prosecuting him, like you or I, the Mongolian President invited him to dinner and issued him a permit retroactively.

But at last, Hunter Biden has nothing to do whatsoever with Trump's actions. It's a distraction and a false equivalency to Trump's actions. The rather naive idea that if Biden did it, then it's ok for Trump to do it. Simply not the case at all.

Further, Trump approved money in 2017 and 2018 when it was clearly known by the world that Ukraine was among the most corrupt countries in the world. But in 2019 when Ukraine elected a new Anti-Corruption President, and the State Department and DOD certified that they'd begun to take enough steps to qualify for foreign aid, it was at this moment that Trump began to worry about corruption in Ukraine?
This at the same time that most polls showed him losing to Biden head-up, including a Fox News poll.

I know you're not that gullible, why go down this road over and over when the facts don't support it.

Re: Hypothetical for Trump supporters

Dec 13, 2019, 11:49 AM

If Trump's @$$ fell in the woods, would his supporters kiss it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been gone, but on these daily hypotheticals

Dec 13, 2019, 12:06 PM

are we trying to pin people down on their principles or something else?

Much like the Mexico/Wall question, the only thing that all this is going to do is keep the people who aren't going to vote for Trump from voting for him.

Seems like as an expensive and time-exhaustive zero sum gain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if the POTUS himself said this:?

Dec 13, 2019, 12:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

I know it's not hypothetical unless you are considering backing this crook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow so he confessed to the crime!

Dec 13, 2019, 12:33 PM

Why did we need an investigation when all the proof was already on youtube?

So when is Biden being charged with a crime? What are the charges? Are they gonna try him in Ukraine or in the US? As you can imagine, I'm on the edge of my seat over here.

i heard recently, pro quid pro was a crime?***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go on...***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:41 PM

it seems he was bragging about withholding stuff til

Dec 13, 2019, 12:43 PM

some dude was fired? Isnt that what the dems were so up in arms about? Isn't that why this whole impeachment started?

Must've been dreaming

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you will notice the articles of impeachment ignore...

Dec 13, 2019, 12:46 PM

quid pro quo. That isn't an oversight by the majority party. That is left out because every foreign aid package is part of a quid pro quo.

yep***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:54 PM

Abuse of power.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to If you will notice the articles of impeachment ignore... ]

From the articles of impeachment:

Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by conditioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit.

That is the quid pro quo and it IS why he's being impeached.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/12/10/us/politics/articles-impeachment-document-pdf.html

Message was edited by: Murcielago®

It's the "quo" that Trump tied to the "quid"

Dec 13, 2019, 2:45 PM [ in reply to If you will notice the articles of impeachment ignore... ]

not the action itself that is impeachable. Had Trump tied military aid to Ukraine buying more raspberries from US farmers then no one would care. It's not the quid pro quo that's impeachable, it's the asking for a personal favor (and that favor being foreign interference in our elections) that's impeachable.

And again this is why the video you guys keep posting of Biden is a really stupid thing to post because what it makes clear is that you guys don't understand (or don't want to understand) the difference in what Biden is doing in that clip and what Trump did.

Terrific! When is Biden being charged?

Dec 13, 2019, 12:50 PM [ in reply to it seems he was bragging about withholding stuff til ]

Where's the investigation? Where are the charges? Why do they not seem to exist?

If Biden is so clearly guilty of corruption, why aren't any law enforcement agencies or the Department of Justice pursuing an investigation or filing charges? Is it because it's actually a giant load of bullshirt meant to distract us from Trump's obvious corruption? Because I don't see a more convincing explanation.

As someone who at least pretends to believe that Biden committed a crime, aren't you a little curious why there aren't any consequences?

b/c all of this crap is media driven. If the media was on

Dec 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

this 24/7, there would be something done. All of this crap is based on media outrage. Just like anything on the left, they ignore it.

Same reason Hillary got a pass where if you had destroyed evidence, you'd be in jail.

That's not how law enforcement works!

Dec 13, 2019, 1:13 PM

Pretending for a moment that were true, Trump or Barr could direct the Department of Justice to investigate Biden's criminal activity. They didn't. Why not, because of the media?

Also Hillary was investigated by the FBI, so that's a terrible example.

If you honestly believe Biden committed crimes, why aren't you asking these questions?

You wanna know how you get the media's attention?

Dec 13, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to b/c all of this crap is media driven. If the media was on ]

Announce the FBI is investigating the Democratic frontrunner for the presidential nomination.

This is about politics not law.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Wow so he confessed to the crime! ]

Imo, all foreign aid is quid pro quo. Our gov gives nothing without strings. Was Joe enriching his family with his actions? Was Trump trying to help his 2020 campaign or was he really trying to get Ukraine to assist Barr's investigation into Ukrainian interference into the 2016 election (as he stated in the transcript)?

No, it's just politics. You got your opinion I got mine.

Well crime is about the law.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

You're saying Biden committed a crime. I'm wondering when he'll be arrested. This isn't a point of view situation. You're saying it's clear Biden committed a crime, yet he's not being investigated or charged with anything. Don't you find that curious? I sure do!

did Trump commit a crime?***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:55 PM

This is a brilliant illustration of GOP arguing tactics.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:15 PM

If I ask about Biden, you say well what about Trump? But if I ask about Trump, you say well what about Biden?

Maybe try answering a question directly instead of trying to spin it around.

Check it out, it's hilarious...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:18 PM

Hypothetical for Trump supporters.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Hypothetical-for-Trump-supporters-26517194

What about Biden??

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/What-if-the-POTUS-himself-said-this-26517611

What ABOUT Biden?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Wow-so-he-confessed-to-the-crime-26517652

What about TRUMP???

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/did-Trump-commit-a-crime***-26517879

You think Barr wasn't curious about Biden's video?

Dec 13, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Well crime is about the law. ]

The IG's authority does not extend to Biden or Ukraine. It was clear from the transcript that Barr was being introduced to Zelenskyy and there must be some reason. What do you suppose it was?

On the other hand, Durham's scope of authority extends to anywhere on the globe.

Biden's supposed crime took place in the US.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:31 PM

If he extorted Ukraine he didn't have to physically go there to do it. But if he did, there is such a thing as extraterritorial jurisdiction that applies to crimes committed overseas.

If this is such blatant corruption as you insist that it is, then I'd like to know why the US law enforcement apparatus which is lead directly by a staunch Trump ally has not launched anything resembling an investigation into an extremely high profile individual. An investigation of that magnitude would be profoundly newsworthy as we're on the cusp of the primaries and Biden's the frontrunner. And if they made a choice not to investigate him, that would also be newsworthy. The only Biden investigation we've heard about is the one Trump tried to force Ukraine to perform. Curious, no?

Let me address one snip of your post which brings...

Dec 14, 2019, 11:57 AM

everything else into focus.

"...An investigation of that magnitude would be profoundly newsworthy..."

Yes, 100% correct. Such an investigation would be newsworthy because it might impact or be used to impact the 2020 election. Over the last three years investigations have been used as political weapons.

Government leaks caused Hillary to suffer some political damage in 2016 but that was under the Obama administration. Some may say she brought this on herself but if she brought it upon herself it was by having and using an unsecured server. Not trying to get into the tall weeds here, OK? Comey should never have spoken about the investigation in public. No need to explore why he did.

Trump also took a hit when leaks to the media suggest then declared he 'colluded,' with Russia and an investigation into his campaign.

The issue is leaks. Obama's administration leaked like a sieve. The Trump administration is still leaking but I'm not satisfied that Durham's team is leaking anything. The only thing we are finding out about Durham's investigation comes from those which he has questioned, interviewed or deposed. It is their choice to reveal it. It wasn't forced upon them by Barr, Durham or the Justice Department through leaks.

I do not believe Biden will be deposed unless and until any investigation is nearly completed. I don't think Barr will behave as those in Obama's administration behaved. If, or when enough evidence of Joe violating a statute is uncovered it will be his choice whether or not to 'leak,' the situation. If Joe isn't going to be indicted his reputation won't be smeared by this justice department

That's how it should be. Durham hasn't been leaking about anyone he is investigating. He has more integrity and respect for the law and proper prosecutorial behavior than does, or did Comey or Mueller.

When Durham speaks it will be by indictments as is proper. As much as I'd like to say this is all Trump's way of doing business I know that would be dishonest. Trump is a cad who would stand on top of Trump towers and spill his guts at every opportunity. I believe this is more a matter of Trump getting good advice from Barr/Durham and intends to allow justice to do her job.

It's probably killing Trump to do it this way.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: You think Barr wasn't curious about Biden's video?

Dec 13, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to You think Barr wasn't curious about Biden's video? ]

You think Barr and Durham are going after Biden? Really?

Biden was the messenger for Bipartisan U.S. Policy. Even Sen.Ron Johnson called for changes in the Ukrainian Prosecutor's office. In 2016 the International Monetary Fund, which was funding Ukraine said in 2016 that they may not continue to support them unless changes were made in the General Prosecutors Office which was headed by Shokin.

But let me point out the most obvious problem with this damnable disinformation. In order to believe that Biden fired a prosecutor to save his son you have to believe that

a.) Biden, as the VP, usurped the power of both the President and Congress who had appropriated the funds. He was factually and legally only the messenger.

b.) Biden had the power to instruct the Office of Management and Budget to withhold the Congressionally approved funding.

c.) That both the Republican held House and Senate looked the other way and refused to say anything about such an obviously misuse of power.

And you think Barr is going to prosecute Biden?? Really, honestly my friend, you are being lied to and mislead by Fox , Limbaugh and the House Republicans. You're too smart for this crap.

a couple of points...

Dec 13, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to This is about politics not law. ]

foreign aid/relations often involve quid pro quos, you're right. They're done transparently and for the national good. Trump wasn't transparent and his actions were only for his personal benefit. This is why the video you guys keep posting of Biden makes you look uninformed.

Outside of the quid pro quo (military aid for a personal favor) it was asking a foreign country to interfere in our elections and doing so to benefit himself that is so egregious. Even if Trump did not tie military aid to the favor (quid pro quo) he should be impeached for asking a foreign country to interfere in our elections.

Justice Dept says Trump never asked Barr to talk to Ukraine (as Trump mentions in the transcript). The most likely reason Trump mentioned Barr's name was either he hoped to wrangle Barr into his plan later or that by mentioning Barr's name it would scare Zelensky into cooperating.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice-department-trump-never-asked-barr-to-talk-to-ukraine

Re: What if the POTUS himself said this:?

Dec 13, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to What if the POTUS himself said this:? ]

Why do you keep pretending you don't understand the difference?

"bogus investigation"...l0l!!84!!***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:30 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Ill focus in on the "personal gain" aspect

Dec 13, 2019, 3:43 PM

Dems say that Trump did this for personal gain because he is trying to investigate a "political opponent"

What is Trump in relation to Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler....heck any Dem for that matter. He is THE political opponent. Every one of them is more guilty of of this than Trump. I read an article about the history of Nadlers hate for Trump and vice versa dating back to the days when Nadler was a city councilman in NY. Its personal to him.

Biden DID DO what Trump asked to be investigated. He is the President of the US and has the right to ask foreign leaders to assist in investigations.

Then how many senators again wrote to Ukraine asking for Trump to be investigated?

this is ALL Bull Chit and the dems know it.

yes, in fact he could

Dec 13, 2019, 4:18 PM

the only surviving redwood sapling and club baby seals with it, still support

Junior2024

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 4:43 PM

You’re a sad, strange little man. Hunter Biden is just like his dad. Just a couple of low life crooks. The sooner Trump can put them behind bars the better.

Dec 13, 2019, 5:33 PM

MemphisCat said:

You’re a sad, strange little man. Hunter Biden is just like his dad. Just a couple of low life crooks. The sooner Trump can put them behind bars the better.

Say what you will Memphis, you are willfully ignorant of the facts.

Do you still think "Hitler was just misunderstood" my friend?

Do me a favor pal, please, please just put me on ignore. We'll both be glad you did.

pause

Dec 13, 2019, 10:24 PM

https://twitter.com/RivsHughey/status/1199043361782546433

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see we watch a lot of Don Lemon commentaries***

Dec 14, 2019, 2:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1,045
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic