Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I see power 5 conferences forming a new division
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,333

I see power 5 conferences forming a new division

Oct 30, 2019, 9:02 AM

And separating themselves from group 5. No way group 5 can compete once player compensation begins. Group 5 needs a division on their own to compete for a national championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see power 5 conferences forming a new division

Oct 30, 2019, 9:16 AM

Right Guard: "The QB and Backs are getting paid, I'm not.
The Wide Receivers and Tight End are getting paid, I'm not.
Think I'll just step aside."

Left Guard, Left Tackle, Right Tackle: "I heard that."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:17 AM

If I am wrong please inform me but players are not getting paid to play, but will be making money off merchandise sales.

Right, as usual the name of the bill is contrary to what's

Oct 30, 2019, 9:26 AM

actually in the bill.

However, how much would their name, image and likeness be worth if they didn't play?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I see power 5 conferences forming a new division ]

How many 2nd string long snappers will be getting compensated for their likeness? How many crappy quarterbacks will be getting compensated for their likeness?

Only a handful of players will garner revenue this way, and it will 100% be related to their playing sports and their performance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I see power 5 conferences forming a new division ]

And where are those merchandising $$$$ going to be? Oil rich Texas, celebrity rich Cali, alumni rich Ohio and Michigan or will you find the $$$ in Podunk, Miss.?

Oct 30, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I see power 5 conferences forming a new division ]

Correct. Compensated by say a local car dealership to do a commercial for example. I can’t see a business paying big bucks endorsement to a player in a group 5 school. I think they will for a power 5 school.

Oct 30, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: I see power 5 conferences forming a new division ]

But those key blocks that opened the holes for the incredible running yardage is the reason he is a star.

Now this I could get behind! Let's just get 64 teams

Oct 30, 2019, 9:23 AM

with 4 conferences of 16 teams. 8 team divisions. Everyone plays everyone in your division.

7 division games plus 2 cross division games = 9 conference games
3 cross conference games

Then you basically have an 8 team playoff beginning with conference championship weekend.

No more games against Wyoming and Ball State.

Could take it a step further and the last team in each conference gets bumped out of the "League of 64" and the top 4 teams from "The Rejects" get bumped up! How awesome would it be rooting for SCar to get bumped into "the Rejects". Treat it like soccer.

I think in 15 years it'll be a lot like soccer.***

Oct 30, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,333
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic