Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bama loss would be bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Bama loss would be bad

Oct 28, 2018, 9:39 AM

because it would almost guarantee two SEC teams in the playoff just like last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as the SEC West Champ wins the SEC, there won't be

Oct 28, 2018, 9:46 AM

two SEC teams in the playoff.

If UGA/UK (yes, Kentucky can still win the SEC East...) lose the SECCG, they'll have two losses. If Bama loses and LSU wins the Conference, I can't imagine they'd want to put two teams that already played in the Playoff.

Granted, there's no such thing as Precedent in the CFP as the Committee is all over the place every year, but we've never had two teams who have already played each other both make it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama loss would be bad

Oct 28, 2018, 9:50 AM

A bama loss in the sec championship game would. A lot depends on what ND does and the B12.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 9:52 AM

If Norte Dame lose Fowler and ESPN will try to find a way to get three SEC teams in.

A Bama loss is never bad

Oct 28, 2018, 9:54 AM

We just need to take care of our own business. Who cares if two SEC teams make it? Regardless of who is there, we have to beat the two teams they put us up against, and they will be top four teams. I’m not scared of Georgia.

Re: A Bama loss is never bad

Oct 28, 2018, 10:01 AM

You’re right, technically any team that wins the natty has to do that. It’s just more discussion than anything. I would say most people are in favor of having four conference champs, but as stated above the committee has been all over the place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish it required a conference championship

Oct 28, 2018, 10:07 AM

or at least a division championship (looking at you Bama), but it doesn’t. Win 15 and we are the champs, and what the other guys do doesn’t matter. Might be fun to send two SEC teams packing. Do that and win 15, and this would always be known as the best team ever.

That said, I still want Bama, UGA and LSU to lose every game (except when LSU beats Bama).

Oct 28, 2018, 9:57 AM

Not sure it would guarantee anything. If LSU wins and Bama doesn’t make SEC championship game, and LSU wins SEC, Bama doesn’t have a great strength of record to put up against other 1 loss teams. Chaos can happen during championship week, so anything is still possible. But it’s hard to guarantee anything at this point, lots of football left. I don’t see Bama losing 2 though with LSU, miss st, Auburn, and possibly SEC east champ (UGA or KY)

Quickest way to disband the Committee

Oct 28, 2018, 10:00 AM

First ranking would have

1. Bama
2. LSU
3. UGA
4. Kentucky
5. Notre Dame
6. Clemson
7. Michigan
8. Oklahoma
9. Ohio State
10. Washington State

Oct 28, 2018, 10:02 AM

Notre Dame, IMO, seems to be the fly in the ointment.
I think they need to lose and drop out of the top 5, but I don't see it happening.
Clemson just needs to win out, and they are in, but a loss right now could drop them out of the top 5 and with their remaining schedule might not get back in.
I don't think Bama loses a game the rest of the regular season and more than likely would face either Georgia or Kentucky, both of whom had good wins yesterday and will go up against each other this week for the division lead.
But here is Notre Dame, which doesn't have to play in a conference championship game and could end up probably as high as #2 if Clemson should drop a game.
By the way, does anybody have an opinion, or can they provide the facts as to whether or not Notre Dame can be "forced" to join a conference to make the playoffs?

Oct 28, 2018, 10:08 AM

No, nothing is there but imo the committee could make a huge play and essentially force them to if they were left out after going undefeated. That would force their hands but is the committee that bold?

Oct 28, 2018, 10:24 AM

Thanks for sharing you thoughts!

Alabama is not losing...

Oct 28, 2018, 10:07 AM

...until they play Clemson.

Oct 28, 2018, 10:35 AM

I'm starting to think the only way they get two in is if Georgia or Kentucky wins the SEC anything else would be a playoff rematch.

Oct 28, 2018, 10:52 AM

Kentucky loses to UGA, Kentucky our. LSU loses to Bama, LSU out. UGA loses to BAMA, UGA out. The disaster would be for LSU to beat BAMA, then you get a scenario for 2 SEC teams, but they still need ND to lose. I still think Cuse can play with ND, but I don’t hear any TV people even remotely entertaining that idea. My guess is it will be Bama, Clemson, ND, and then winner of O310 St & UM. OKLAHOMA will be standing on the outside crying about why their #50 defense (or whatever it is?) deserves to be in.

I see LSU & Bama in anyway***

Oct 28, 2018, 10:37 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 10:53 AM

I'll take my chances. If they lose, it's setting up to be different than last year. Bama got in over Ohio St. last year because the buckeyes had 2 losses, and it was still close. The Sec champ is in. ND, if undefeated, is in. The other two spots come from ACC, Big 10, Big 12. We're in if undefeated, obviously.

Granted, if ND loses and/or the Big 10 or Big 12 champ has 2 losses, they'd be in. Plus, Lsu would still have to win at A&M which won't be easy.

Bama's not losing, so no worries. We just need to take care of the rest of our business. BC could be very tricky, especially if they beat Va Tech this weekend.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic