Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, SC/GA/FL people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Ok, SC/GA/FL people

Nov 18, 2020, 9:55 AM

tell me about Amelia Island. Snagged a house for two weeks. Leaving on Saturday.

bengaline

Sorry man, going to miss the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, SC/GA/FL people

Nov 18, 2020, 9:58 AM

Last time I was down there I stayed at the Omni on a work trip so didn't get out as much as I would have liked to.

Only recommendations I have is Green Turtle Tavern. That ####### place was POPPING. Live music and standing room only.

Cucina South also has some pretty dank Italian food.

Wish I had more, but I mainly chilled on the beach and by the pool bar all day while I was there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this condo is a part of that whole complex

Nov 18, 2020, 10:01 AM

not sure. Wife booked it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice - will enjoy. Spent weekend in early 2000’s. Weather ..

Nov 18, 2020, 9:58 AM

should be awesome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would you say..........

Nov 18, 2020, 10:00 AM

"Tropical"??

You will enjoy. It's laid-back. ******

Nov 18, 2020, 10:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, SC/GA/FL people

Nov 18, 2020, 10:03 AM

rent Segways and go around terrorizing Canadians for 2 weeks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

big fan

Nov 18, 2020, 10:06 AM

was our regular spot when we lived in ATL. still probably will be even tho we moved north to TN.

beaches are pretty good the farther south you go toward the plantation, but the selling point is the lack of crowds and the lack of ohio / pa / mich people. seems to be more local folks as all of those fock tards stop off at HHI or Charleston before going down there.

lots of good places to eat in DT Fernandina. fishing is good in the creeks, and even on the shore (caught a few sharks and a pompano last time i was there). golf courses are decent. jax beach isn't a far drive if you want more "city" #### to do

North FL is awesome, IMO. some would say it's full of rednecks and deplorables, which is more my speed. I also grew up 30 min north of there and went to HS 30 min south, so I'm a bit biased.

note: we always went in the summer

Nov 18, 2020, 10:07 AM

never been in the winter...

Good friend has lived there since the early 80s.

Nov 18, 2020, 10:11 AM

Been down there numerous times and always enjoyed it. Numerous Gator Bowls spent in near blackout drunkenness. I have no experience with family-friendly vacations there, but the Palace Saloon in Fernandina Beach is an EXCELLENT place to vomit. Lots of Southern Rock history there, and I even got to meet a few 'stars' when my pal's band was always an opening act for many a washed up Southern Rock band with few original members left.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

see this is the info I need. best places to

Nov 18, 2020, 10:12 AM

vomit after drinking cheap swill.

I second the Palace Saloon...

Nov 18, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Good friend has lived there since the early 80s. ]

I was there for work (for something I can't remember) some years ago. Spent a day there solo watching the Masters and getting drunk.

May be the years and/or the alcohol, but I remember basically hanging out all day with a hot bartender and some reasonably good looking girl who was also there solo for work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice beach town, we've stayed in a b&b downtown several time

Nov 18, 2020, 11:20 AM

for long weekends

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic