Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw this on the ACC site..never knew the purple was called
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I saw this on the ACC site..never knew the purple was called

Mar 7, 2017, 7:25 PM

School Colors: Clemson Orange & Regalia

thought it was northwestern or something....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barker changed the color several years ago***

Mar 7, 2017, 7:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw this on the ACC site..never knew the purple was called

Mar 7, 2017, 7:37 PM

What happened to Burnt Orange and Northwestern Purple?

Mar 7, 2017, 7:57 PM

Clemson Orange has become an official color. White is actually Fort Hill white. Regalia is the correct name for that color of purple. I also thought it was Northwestern Purple, but when you look at Northwestern, it is slightly different.

Message was edited by: tshark®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw this on the ACC site..never knew the purple was called ]

Burnt orange is U of Tenn
Runt orange is U of Texas

The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect

Mar 7, 2017, 7:59 PM

Back in lste 70's and 80's purple wasnt on any sport unis or apparel. I still have shirts and a jacket from back then and theyre all orange and navy. In 86-87 the away basketball unis were navy. During Coach Wilhelm's days the hats were navy with an orange bill and we had navy tops. The football unis and helmets had navy trim and Ford's staff were navy pants. I grew up knowing our colors to be orange, white, and navy. Then in the early 90's the navy turned purple without explanation and now its as if it never happened.

Take a look at your degree for the purple

Mar 7, 2017, 8:03 PM

Re: The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect

Mar 7, 2017, 8:07 PM [ in reply to The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect ]

I remember the blue and still have t-shirts and other items that have blue.

However, I have 1934 Clemson tiger doll and player and both a trimmed in orange and purple.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect

Mar 7, 2017, 8:50 PM [ in reply to The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect ]

You'll have an interesting read on this then:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=717482

Purple was the official color brought over by Riggs from Auburn. But, check what the colors were on the early diploma that is displayed on campus still.

Yep and bball had orange and navy in the late 90s

Mar 7, 2017, 9:28 PM [ in reply to The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect ]

I still have my Will Solomon orange jersey somewhere and there isn't a stitch of purple on the whole thing

Never been navy regardless of what color shirts they make.***

Mar 7, 2017, 9:45 PM [ in reply to The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the navy was still there in the late 90s

Mar 7, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to The purple has had an interesting evolution. For many years not existing. A Mandela Effect ]

I had official hats, shirts, etc. from the west and early bowden era. bowden actually lobbied for the return of the purple.

Now that you mention it, I had Clemson gear from the

Mar 7, 2017, 10:51 PM

West days that had blue trim. I'm pretty sure the team wore purple jerseys a few times under Hatfield, but you are right, the blue lingered well after that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 7, 2017, 8:08 PM

I always thought that the purple was called Northwestern Blue

Mar 7, 2017, 8:13 PM

My husband has a jersey from the 1959 Sugar Bowl and that uniform was always referred to as the Sugar Blues. It's indeed a navy blue. Also has an orange Jersey from the 60s and it's trimmed with navy blue stripes. Color was known as Northwestern Blue.

Mar 7, 2017, 9:06 PM

This may help. It seems if Clemson had official school colors in the beginning they were red and blue as these colors appeared on diplomas until Riggs came over from Auburn to start a football program at Clemson. Riggs brought with him from Auburn the name tigers and a few worn and faded Auburn uniforms for the new Clemson team to practice in. The Auburn blue had faded over several years of use and had a slight purple tinge. Riggs and the team liked the purple and took the orange and purple to be team colors. The purple was first called Northwest Purple. Purple dyes on the material early uniforms were made of has a tendency of fading when washed so over the years more and more of bluish tent was added to counter the fading tendency. Hence the name regalia purple. By the way the school adopted the teams colors as diplomas started appearing with orange and purple when the football team was formed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 9:15 PM

The bluish tint of course was added to the color formulation of new uniforms of not to used faded uniforms if someone is confused.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2017, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw this on the ACC site..never knew the purple was called ]

Purple and Gold, orange didnt happen until later

Clemson Color Palette

Mar 7, 2017, 9:25 PM

https://www.clemson.edu/brand/guide/color.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Innovation (primary) and Blue Ridge (shutters)

Mar 7, 2017, 9:32 PM

Is a pretty killer home paint combo.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our colors were Burnt Orange and Northwestern Purple

Mar 7, 2017, 10:46 PM

until somewhere between 2005-2009, when they became Clemson Orange, Regalia (purple), and Fort Mill (white).

My father, who attended Clemson when Banks McFadden was a student there, always told me that when he was a boy Clemson's football team wore purple and gold. They started wearing orange and purple at some point after that. My earliest memories of Clemson football are from the early/mid 60s, and they definitely wore orange jerseys with either purple numbers, or white numbers with purple trim. Basketball used Orange and purple as well. In the late 60s or early 70s, maybe when Hootie Ingram took over for Frank Howard, purple was used less and less and orange and white became the main colors. At some point in mid/late eighties navy blue worked it's way into the trim and we even wore basketball uniforms that were primarily blue for a few years during that stretch. Ken Hatfield brought back the purple in the early nineties, and the blue went away altogether a few years later as far as I can remember.

Throughout my lifetime, I believe our official primary colors have always been some combination of burnt orange or Clemson orange with some form of purple (Northwestern/Regalia), and at times has included some form of white. A dark/navy blue may have been an official alternate color at some point as well.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic