Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw that FSU is a bubble team right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

I saw that FSU is a bubble team right now

Mar 4, 2014, 10:34 PM

one of the experts has them as 1st four out. We split with them but have a better overall record and conference record. Does that mean we are in the Tournament or that they are considering taking FSU over us? Thanks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw that FSU is a bubble team right now

Mar 4, 2014, 11:35 PM

I dont know but FSU being bubble on the bubble is complete bunk

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

over us-- they are 11 spots higher in RPI; they have to beat

Mar 4, 2014, 11:35 PM

Syracuse on Sunday at Tally to stay on that list and will need to win 1 in the tourney

Everybody has FSU in over us right now

Mar 5, 2014, 12:39 AM

Better RPI, Much better out-of-conference strength of schedule, and better out-of-conference wins. They don't seem to be paying much mind to the ACC standings.

Re: Everybody has FSU in over us right now

Mar 5, 2014, 6:07 AM

The committee has proven time and again that conference standings have little to no impact in the at-large selection process. It's a teams overall body of work that includes the OOC slate in Nov/Dec. Aside from beating VCU and UMASS OOC, the Noles also have close losses to UF (#1 nationally, SEC Champion) and Michigan (Likely B1G Champion). Should FSU beat Cuse on Sunday, they likely only need to avoid the "bad loss" on Thursday in Greensboro.

Last year UVA was relegated to the NIT despite finishing the ACC slate at 11-7. A few seasons back VT suffered the same fate finishing 10-6, while Clemson (9-7), Wake (9-7), and GT (7-9, made a run to the ACCT Championship)all finished behind them in the standings and received invites.

However the SOS alone isn't keeping us out. It's bad losses to Auburn, Wake, and ND. Find a way to win a couple of those and we're likely in a pretty good position needing only 1-2 more wins down the stretch. As it stands, we likely need the regular season finale vs. Pitt and 2 in Greensboro just to be in the conversation. And that alone still likely only puts us in that 50/50 range.

Just have to find a way to continue gutting out wins and see where the chips fall.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic