Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I saw an Atlanta Journal Constitution article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,517

I saw an Atlanta Journal Constitution article

Oct 30, 2015, 9:16 AM

That eSECpn is pushing back the timetable for the launch of the ACC network due to costs. Well, when eSECpn goes bankrupt it will be related to the mighty SEC. Maybe those 2 entities will go down the tubes wile clinging to each other. While the article didn't state a new launch date, it was originally scheduled for fall of 2017 and now sounds like our first chance might be post 2020. Honestly, as long as they are up and running for our Wyoming game, that's all I care about.

*** please don't call me a liar because I didn't provide a link. I can't add links I am not a paying member. If you don't believe me, google it.***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe ESPiN will back out and pay the ACC compensation.***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe ESPiN will back out and pay the ACC compensation.***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:20 AM

Then we could form our own network with Fox Sports or NBC if Notre Dame becomes a permanent member.

the main thing is they don't want the ACC to get as much $$

Oct 30, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Maybe ESPiN will back out and pay the ACC compensation.*** ]

as the other conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You should be able to copy & paste the url.***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should be able to copy & paste the url.***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:22 AM

Really? I've tried once before and it would let me or(more probable) I'm an idiot and didn't do it right. Thanks for the info, I'll try again.

? you don't need to donate to tigernet to provide a link...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have to pay to post links? what?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I saw an Atlanta Journal Constitution article

Oct 30, 2015, 9:21 AM

I fully expect Digital media to take over before the ACC gets a network. Networks are losing money due to streaming services and will soon be forced to comply. Of course ESPN/ABC/Disney will be one of the last because they own 20+ channels on regular cable, but it will happen.

null

Re: I saw an Atlanta Journal Constitution article

Oct 30, 2015, 9:45 AM

I'm pretty sure espn is already exploring streaming only subscriptions, and were the first sports network to offer extra content available via stream on ESPN3 (ESPN360 b4 that). Criticism of their sports commentary is valid, but they have been pretty far out ahead on the technology front for awhile.

It is always a bad business model to alienate 80% of your

Oct 30, 2015, 9:45 AM

customers and cater to the other 20%.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P & R bored ---> ;~)***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link

Oct 30, 2015, 10:03 AM

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/college/acc-channel-launch-facing-delay/npBsW/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

But this is smart. Folks are cutting the cord partially because of the high cost of sports programming which is directly tied to all of the conference TV rights. I'd rather take the time to be the 1st in an emerging area than the last in a dying area.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic