Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Watson surprises mom with new Jaguar for her birthday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: Watson surprises mom with new Jaguar for her birthday

Apr 29, 2017, 6:05 PM

Watson surprises mom with new Jaguar for her birthday

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Watson surprises mom with new Jaguar for her birthday

Apr 29, 2017, 6:31 PM

Good Job Son!!! So happy for you all. God Bless

Apr 29, 2017, 6:33 PM

And I like the Maserati in the background...maybe that's his.

Apr 29, 2017, 7:14 PM

You have a hecuva eye my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unnnnngh!!! Maseratis and Jags.

Apr 29, 2017, 6:48 PM

$2000 pairs of shoes.

Enjoy it DW4. You have earned it.

That said, I do hope he has a financial advisor who cares about him or that money will be gone soon at this rate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned***

Apr 29, 2017, 7:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned***

Apr 29, 2017, 7:43 PM

I didn't see any criticism, just some sensible advice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said he earned it. And there was no criticism.

Apr 29, 2017, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned*** ]

Just a hope that someone will look out for him and his well-earned money.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned***

Apr 30, 2017, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned*** ]

Earned? The only person earning anything is his agent that loaned him this money on 8% interest. He may not sign his contract until sept. This is the problem. No one has the guts to tell the first rounders no. Likely this is the only big contract he gets. He needs to save it. Just ask bridgewater etc.

Agreed. But arguably he earned over his college career.

Apr 30, 2017, 3:48 PM

But 110% yes, he's buying on projected future income.

Cannot say I wouldn't do the same thing, but I hope someone is looking out for his long-term future.

He has an endoresement deal with Beats

Apr 30, 2017, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Just stop. No need to criticize him for something he earned*** ]

http://thespun.com/college-football/deshaun-watson-announces-major-endorsement-deal

Re: Unnnnngh!!! Maseratis and Jags.

Apr 29, 2017, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Unnnnngh!!! Maseratis and Jags. ]

Since you are assuming he needs your financial adviser I'll assume you have no idea what it's like to be in his position with that kind of money. So do yourself a service a just shut up.

Has he read consumer reports?

Apr 29, 2017, 6:50 PM

Na he does not have to - but I don't want any complaints come time for 50k service or resale value.

Re: Has he read consumer reports?

Apr 29, 2017, 7:08 PM

I believe his signing bonus is $8.1 million. $50k is .6% of that.

& taxes on bonus' are approx. @ 50% in that tax bracket.***

Apr 29, 2017, 9:17 PM

Not quite

May 1, 2017, 8:57 AM

39.6 is the highest marginal rate and Texas has no state income tax.

Plus he may structure it to spread over years.

Apr 29, 2017, 7:02 PM

She deserves it!! Good on him.

If he's got a Maserati, Jaguar, and Louboutin shoes, there's $160k gone already before the contract is signed. He's making $3 mill a year before taxes, which will be less than half that after agent fees, etc. Hang on to some of it DW4!!!

Bet he got a sweet deal

Apr 29, 2017, 7:04 PM

Look at the free advertising Jaguar is getting

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun

Apr 29, 2017, 7:05 PM

Hopefully you have great taste and picked up the Maserati Granturismo for yourself. Great ride.

Looked like he was at the Maserati Dealer... couldn't happen to a better family. Congrats.

Now bring us a Lombardi to H town baby!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL @ everybody forgetting all these endorsement deals and appearances, etc.

Apr 29, 2017, 7:15 PM

Deshaun is bringing in a crazy amount of money right now, his appearance at the Anderson mall brought him around 100 K. And that was the Anderson mall, think of all the places he has been going and stuff he has been on. he's raking it in and with his personality and his ability, he's gonna be doing it for a looonnngggg time

Just my view...

Apr 29, 2017, 7:33 PM

From everything I've read and heard, this family was kicked pretty hard several times. Through the incredible strength, perseverance, and faith of their Mother - who obviously took on several roles - they clawed their way back including building their own home. If there is anything not quite fair it's there are others who have endured bad times and came back without this huge reward. But to DeShaun and his family - have fun! Enjoy! You deserve it. Go Texans!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy Come Easy Go

Apr 29, 2017, 8:02 PM

That's how it is. Just look at the Fridge. Save your money. Hasn't even completed one NFL pass yet.

Re: Easy Come Easy Go

Apr 29, 2017, 8:07 PM

You do realize he has signed numerous of contract deals already .
I sure he already has plenty of money even before his NFL contract.

I agree he should avoid blowing a lot of money, but

May 1, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Easy Come Easy Go ]

when it comes to getting the mother who raised him without a father to help who has apparently never had herself her own "official car," I think Deshaun did exactly what he should have for his mother. Considering the man that he grew up to become, I don't think she is undeserving whatsoever.

He made her a promise to provide her a big gift for her birthday, and he delivered. I don't think that's nearly the same as someone blowing through all of their money within a year of getting out of the league.

I really don't know why Deshaun did this!!!!

Apr 29, 2017, 8:03 PM

He could have just gone to Jake Venables and gotten a sweet deal. LMAO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta give DW4 a shout-out for MOM's new JAG! But

Apr 29, 2017, 8:27 PM

his Biological Father got a 1972 Ford Pinto with new recap Tires also!!!!!!!!!!!! No Picture Available

Nice !!***

Apr 29, 2017, 10:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

The only mother that would be more deserving of this gift would be my mother

Apr 30, 2017, 9:09 AM

(But im kinda partial to her) So happy for DW4 and his momma

Re: The only mother that would be more deserving of this gift would be my mother

Apr 30, 2017, 7:14 PM

That's good! I feel the same way, and would do the exact same for my mother if I had the means.

The Jag F pace is actually not too expensive, can get them for 40k brand new, with 5 year warranty so no crazy maintenance bill surprises.

The Maserati, I hope he is leasing as they lose so much value super quickly. However, they have some pretty incredible leases, $500-800 a month for 70-99k car is a deal. Overall, I would say that's pretty responsible for someone that has 10mill or whatever heading his way. We also don't know if he is getting a crazy deal through branding purposes, which would not shock me.

Also, hopefully he will be paid in Texas as I believe they do not have INCOME TAXES there, so that would be significant savings right off the bat.

May 1, 2017, 10:27 AM

Congratulations to Deshaun and Deshaun's mom. May both of your futures be filled with health, happiness and continued success. Thanks to both of you from a grateful Tiger Nation!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

May 1, 2017, 10:36 AM

It's his money and he can do what he wants with it. He's made good decisions so far and I would expect that to continue. That being said I would not buy a Jaguar .

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did the same exact thing

May 1, 2017, 10:46 AM

Got a bonus last year and went out immediately to get a 2010 acadia WITH 3rd row seating.

Don't hate us playas....hate the gane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic