Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I said I would update this at the end of this year...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I said I would update this at the end of this year...

Jun 3, 2012, 8:36 PM

I was told to do this by the Jack group. They said it would be different this year after I said something following the UVA series...

Photobucket

Results speak for them selves. The man is a GOOD coach he beats teams that he SHOULD. He however is NOT an ELITE/GREAT coach. An ELITE/GREAT coach would not have this bad of a record vs the Top 25 over the past half a decade.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I said I would update this at the end of this year...

Jun 3, 2012, 8:41 PM

Well done Sir.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2012, 9:17 PM

downvote with no response. I am sorry you cant handle the truth.

null

Jun 3, 2012, 9:46 PM

Keep them coming cowards.

null

I pointed you for the effort. Now if you had some info

Jun 3, 2012, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I said I would update this at the end of this year... ]

on those teams that were ranked above us, then I think you could use the conclusion you came to.

Most teams have similar records against top 25 teams, nearly all of them except for the very few elite schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Could you post the same chart for Ray Tanner?

Jun 3, 2012, 9:19 PM

I'd like to compare apples to apples. Thanks in advance.

Re: Could you post the same chart for Ray Tanner?

Jun 3, 2012, 9:20 PM

Ill try and see if I can do that tom. It wont be tonight though.

null

And post pic's of his rings while you're at it . . . ;)***

Jun 3, 2012, 9:48 PM

nm

Funny, but true.

Jun 3, 2012, 9:59 PM

If Jack had 2 rings, the winning percentage against any competition would be a moot point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be happy with 1***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks!***

Jun 4, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Could you post the same chart for Ray Tanner? ]

If we're comparing him to Tanner...

Jun 4, 2012, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Could you post the same chart for Ray Tanner? ]

...it's apples to oranges.

Jun 3, 2012, 9:53 PM

No matter what anybody says-Jack can not win big games. 0-6 against them in post season-he should be held accountable.

Jun 3, 2012, 11:30 PM

He won't be accountability doesn't exist at Clemson one championship in 17 years.

null

What the Hell does "held accountable" mean? Either he is

Jun 4, 2012, 11:23 AM

our coach or you decide to fire him.

Firing a coach that consistently gets into the NCAA tourney, and has 6 CWS appearances is a tough sell.

Great college baseball coaches aren't a dime a dozen. Leggett's record compares very favorably to Bill Willhelm's, who is a Hall-of-Fame coach.

Here's a thought, too. Maybe after two of his asst's got big time head coaching jobs (which is a credit to Leggett) the new guys aren't quite as good, or at least not yet.

It's not Leggett's fault that the coots have got their shYte together and are beating everybody in sight. We're still about where we have been his whole tenure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What the Hell does "held accountable" mean? Either he is

Jun 4, 2012, 11:33 AM

Aren't quite as good? Try aren't even close.

How do you figure?

Jun 4, 2012, 11:41 AM

In 17 seasons under Leggett, Clemson's been to the postseason every season but one (2008). We've been to the CWS 6 times, or about every 3 years. We were last at the CWS two years ago.

This wasn't a great season, but it sure wasn't a fireable season by any means, IMO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you figure?

Jun 4, 2012, 1:04 PM

I was referring to the assistants. Pep and LeCroy don't hold a candle to Sully and Corbin

Very true****

Jun 4, 2012, 1:18 PM

I think his problem is

Jun 4, 2012, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I said I would update this at the end of this year... ]

that he feels like he is supposed to play small ball but doesnt quite know how, and against great to elite teams that makes for tight ball games...and I think most people can agree that Jack struggles with pitching decisions and some other mental madness in close ball games. Even when we had great teams in the early 2000s his pitching decisions were mind boggling, its as if he decided before the game how many pitches a guy would throw and no matter what was happening in the game he would not deviate from his plan. I always remember thinking he was a terrible in game coach. I know he is a terrific practice and prep coach, but I never remember him being the type to make adjustments that benefited throughout the game.

Jun 4, 2012, 1:33 PM

So what you're saying is this is a transition year like 08 and the team will have 40+ wins for the next three years and a trip to Omaha? I'll take it. Especially considering this team was head and shoulders above the 08 team.

Time for a change.

Jun 4, 2012, 1:57 PM

in fact, it is overdue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire all coaches at the school?

Jun 4, 2012, 2:21 PM

Based on your arguments Clemson should fire every coach except Penley. Clemson would be the laughing stock of college baseball if they fired Leggett. Yes it sucks that they have lost to s. carolina in big games but that's baseball. 2 one run games this weekend stinks but you can't put that solely on coaching. They got the big hits and we didn't. That's the bottom line any way you spin it. The only thing I feel we need to do is possibly recruit some Juco guys. Could have immediate impact in filling some holes we are going to have. Left side of infield was really good. Interesting to see how we replace those guys. Firing Leggett will not happen and it shouldn't. If you think it's going to happen you are an idiot. Either support the program or go elsewhere.

Re: Fire all coaches at the school?

Jun 4, 2012, 2:23 PM

did not say that at all.

We lost due to #### poor fundamentals.

Not being able to bunt cost us the first game.

null

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic