Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like the Panthers, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,284

I like the Panthers, but

Sep 18, 2016, 4:35 PM

there's just something a little too North Carolina about them. Blue unis, fans wearing jerseys, maybe it's just the whole NFL feel. Idk

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: I like the Panthers, but

Sep 18, 2016, 4:41 PM

I don't like them , never really have . It may be that UNC flavor to them and location.
But then , I haven't been into pro football since the 60's .

Sep 18, 2016, 4:45 PM

Yeah, I lost interest when the Cowboys faded after Roger retired.

WL

Born and raised in SC, and I've never felt any connection

Sep 18, 2016, 4:43 PM

whatsoever to the "Carolina" Panthers. They are a NC team all the way. Besides, I had relatives in Atlanta growing up and spent a lot of time there; Charlotte had no professional sports, so Atlanta teams were always "my" teams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Born on the SC/NC line

Sep 18, 2016, 4:55 PM

Nearest team when I was a kid was the Redskins. When the Falcons came along....great. Then the Panthers came, boy they getting closer......then the Tshimanga Biakabutuka farce and I have despised the Panthers ever since. Lucky that I was a fan of the Milwaukee Braves, made the switch very easy!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I remember when they were building Fulton County Stadium

Sep 18, 2016, 5:05 PM

in 65 or 66. We were visiting relatives in Atlanta, and we rode out to see how the stadium was coming along. Standing outside the fence and beyond the construction barriers, my 6-year-old eyes peered down to what would be the playing surface with awe and amazement. My Dad, who was a Milwaukee Braves/Hank Aaron fan, said, "Just think, Hammerin' Hank will be knocking them out of there soon!". It's one of those childhood memories that is etched into my brain.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They played their first year in our stadium.

Sep 18, 2016, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Born and raised in SC, and I've never felt any connection ]

South Carolina is actually in their logo. I feel much more connected to them than I ever have to Atlanta.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Born and raised in SC, and I've never felt any connection

Sep 19, 2016, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Born and raised in SC, and I've never felt any connection ]

Yea its not like they hold training camp in Sc and played their first ever season at Clemson...

Nope nothing Carolina about them at all /s

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

The Panthers will always have a Clemson connection for me.

Sep 18, 2016, 4:49 PM

As a long time Clemson resident, I remember all those Sundays when downtown was packed with NFL fans and the game with The 49ers (Young/Rice) in DV was epic!!

Regarding location of the stadium ... don't New York teams play in New Jersey? Don't Patriot fans from Maine, or New Hampshire still pull for their regional team?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Richardson wanted the stadium built out near

Sep 18, 2016, 6:12 PM

Carowinds with 50 yrard line on the state line. The big dogs in down town Charlotte would not go for it and refused to support the idea with any monies.

Tiger/Terrier

Don't like Panthers either. Don't agree with the regional

Sep 18, 2016, 6:15 PM

coverage of the NFL. I'd rather watch other teams than the Panthers and Falcons. Always pull for Beasley and Grady but just can't get into either team.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

From Spartanburg and felt connected via

Sep 19, 2016, 1:59 PM

training camp growing up. I got many an autograph wandering around the Wofford campus. It was really cool having the team in town for a couple of weeks.

Sep 19, 2016, 2:36 PM

Played their inaugural season at Clemson and hold training camp in SC every year.

Fact of the matter is no city in SC is big enough for a major sports franchise. There is NOTHING out by the state line other than Carowinds that would have been a terrible location for the stadium.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic