Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RON MORRIS takes on ESPN..."load of malarkey".....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

RON MORRIS takes on ESPN..."load of malarkey".....

Dec 4, 2013, 4:46 AM

Calling the ESPN and Auburn AD push for a SEC one-loss team in the title game a "load of malarkey," Ron Morris in his sports' column in today's "The State" alludes to the relationship and influence of the "ESPN machine" with the SEC.

The piece is well-worth reading, for Morris states bluntly what many collegiate football fans across the nation have continually descried as undue ESPN influence and SEC homerism by talking heads, including members of the conference...in this case the Auburn AD.

While some may disagree with his comments about Ohio State, still, it was refreshing to see an experienced columnist willing to tackle the issue head-on.

http://www.thestate.com/2013/12/03/3137625/morris-un

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, think Spurlid will try again to get him fired for

Dec 4, 2013, 5:22 AM

his objective writing???? Ron is right on with this piece!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Doubt it...His ego will outweigh his concerns for

Dec 4, 2013, 5:38 AM

any other SEC school...unless, of course, South Carolina were in the mix.

Naturally, the SEC homers among the Gamecock fan base will cry "foul," but we shouldn't expect anything less. The more rational will shrug shoulders and say, "The he!l with Auburn...."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks, think Spurlid will try again to get him fired for

Dec 4, 2013, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Thanks, think Spurlid will try again to get him fired for ]

My thoughts, too. He better not be too truthful in his columns, or he and his paper will face retribution from the ESecheatPN machine.

Re: Thanks, think Spurlid will try again to get him fired for

Dec 4, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Thanks, think Spurlid will try again to get him fired for ]

You must not realize before Spurrier dealt with him, Coach K and Bobby Bowden ran Morris off when he worked for the papers there. It seemed he has a problem of lying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC envy is cute

Dec 4, 2013, 6:07 AM

But credit to Morris for not arguing that OSU or FSU is better than Auburn.

LOL...Carolina1892, I can assure you that not once in all

Dec 4, 2013, 6:22 AM

my years following Clemson football have I been envious of the SEC....I wanted us to bail on the ACC and find a way to get into the SEC a long, long time ago.

Now, that it seems we are stuck in the ACC for some time, then I'll just continue to do what I've done all these 49 years since my freshman year...and cheer on the Tigers...and the heck with everyone else!

I will add: congrats on your victory. Steve Spurrier has uplifted the Gamecock nation during his tenure, and Connor Shaw is a heck of a warrior and quite underrated IMO as a quarterback.

Agree on Shaw, he is underrated and has carried that team

Dec 4, 2013, 7:02 AM

for 3-4 years now with his warrior type mentality. He does whatever is needed to win, getting those crucial 1st downs by foot or air. Been a pain in our rear ends (and SEC teams) since he's been there. Glad to see him graduate

Message was edited by: Orange®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang on to those coat tails...what has USuCk brought to the

Dec 4, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

SEC? Y'all should think about changing your name to the University of South Carolina South Eastern Conference or USCSEC. Just wondering, do you have replicas of all of the trophies that the SEC has won in your trophy case or is the lone ACC champ trophy from back in the 60's still sitting by itself?

Re: Hang on to those coat tails...what has USuCk brought to the

Dec 4, 2013, 12:18 PM

How about the Univiersity of Southeastern Conference at Columbia SC (USEC-CSC)?

You mean that same Auburn team....

Dec 4, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

that struggled against and narrowly defeated a mediocre (at best) Mississippi State team and needed a fluke play as time expired to beat a Georgia team that has been totally decimated by injuries?

Auburn would be an underdog to both FSU and Ohio State but don't let something as irrelevant as facts get in the way of your continuing to ride the jockstrap of the $EC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If Dan Mullen were competent, MSU would have won that game.

Dec 4, 2013, 12:17 PM

Few call it SEC envy, the nation calls it SEC fatigue

Dec 4, 2013, 8:23 AM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

Catch the clue buss, the nation is tired of listening to you talk about yourselves.

FSU is favored by 12 to 14 points over Auburn

Dec 4, 2013, 9:04 AM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

according to RJ Bell and his poll with Vegas bookies.

OSU is favored by 1 to 3 points over Auburn.

You may want to reconsider you SEC homerism.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Auburns last two wins came on fluke, last-second plays

Dec 4, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

THEY GOT LUCKY. Period.

Of course FSU is better than Auburn.***

Dec 9, 2013, 12:21 PM [ in reply to The SEC envy is cute ]

Re: RON MORRIS takes on ESPN..."load of malarkey".....

Dec 4, 2013, 6:28 AM

Updated link:

http://www.thestate.com/2013/12/03/3137625/morris-unbeaten-teams-deserve.html

Good for Morris - this will draw the ire of the SEC homers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...wasn't sure I had posted the entire link.***

Dec 4, 2013, 6:45 AM

He shouldn't get credit for not arguing OSU

Dec 4, 2013, 7:13 AM

Is better than Auburn.

As is posted in other threads, Vegas thinks OSU is better than Auburn.

Re: He shouldn't get credit for not arguing OSU

Dec 4, 2013, 8:44 AM

And I would bet they are right.

Dec 4, 2013, 7:42 AM

The complete irony in all this is Morris was hated by the Clemson faithful for so long over articles about Clemson. It just goes to show you....If Morris' articles slam your rival or the SEC he is 'right on' If he slams Clemson he is an inbred idiot'....college football...you gotta love it.

Now, now, Monroenc....You know that's the attitude that all

Dec 4, 2013, 8:24 AM

fan bases take: write something we like, and you're tops! Write something we don't like, then you're toast! lol

We just complain, though. Spur tries to have them fired.***

Dec 4, 2013, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: RON MORRIS takes on ESPN..."load of malarkey"..... ]

Dec 9, 2013, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: RON MORRIS takes on ESPN..."load of malarkey"..... ]

Well no ####.

ACC!!!...ACC!!!...ACC!!!...

Dec 4, 2013, 8:16 AM

nm

Dec 4, 2013, 8:25 AM

I like Ron Morris, even when he has said things about Clemson that I didn't want to hear. I once sat next to him at the "snack table" after donating blood. I don't believe he is a member of my church and don't know him, but he seemed to be a pleasant gentleman.

Dec 4, 2013, 8:47 AM

I know him personally. People don't know this but he was a beat writer that covered Spurrier at Duke....then he went to Florida and covered Spurrier there and then at South Carolina. They had a good relationship (17 years I think) until the Ellington situation. Morris was shocked at Spurrier's reaction but Spurrier was pissed because he thought Morris was a friend and should have checked out the story before he wrote it. Morris is a good guy but our fan base will never say that. I probably wouldn't if I didn't know him...lol.

Best quote from the article:

Dec 4, 2013, 9:04 AM

both Auburn’s and Missouri’s best wins were against injury-riddled Georgia and a Texas A&M squad virtually void of defense.

I remember when Clemson was favorite

Dec 4, 2013, 11:15 AM

At home against Carolina in 2012. We went in with a backup quarterback and won.

This year you were 3 point underdogs against us but lost by 14.

I'm not sure why you're presenting betting odds as infallible measures.

Wouldn't Auburn's best win

Dec 4, 2013, 11:24 AM

Be over undefeated Alabama.

All this is moot

Dec 4, 2013, 12:03 PM

Auburn is going to lose to a middle of the road big 12 team Saturday

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

It appears they've taken it down.

Dec 4, 2013, 12:12 PM

My computer might have the aids?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It appears they've taken it down.

Dec 9, 2013, 12:25 PM

Check updated link

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic