Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fullback Chad Diehl: A player for any era
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Aug 11, 2010, 11:41 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says that fullback Chad Diehl could play on any team, anywhere, in any ear, from the 1940’s to 2010, and Diehl’s blocking efforts could be front-and-center in 2010. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The SEC is about to kick your a$$"? Good God. That's

Aug 12, 2010, 12:14 AM

just proof that it isn't only the Coots that drink that dumba$$ SEC koolaid; it's ever fan and every player in the league.

Give me a break. Is the SEC the best league? Maybe. Does it have the best team most years? Yes. But at the end of the day, its just another college football conference like every other one in the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really from a KY guy- just stupid

Aug 12, 2010, 7:52 AM

glad he got blasted

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proof that coots come in blue jerseys, too.

Aug 12, 2010, 7:58 AM [ in reply to "The SEC is about to kick your a$$"? Good God. That's ]

That guy should have played for Stevie Wonderboy at Coot U. Would have been a perfect fit for the classless, character-deficient barnyard birds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think it's mostly the bottom feeders

Aug 12, 2010, 8:22 AM [ in reply to "The SEC is about to kick your a$$"? Good God. That's ]

The guys at the top do it some, but they don't have to rely on what the league does to make them feel good about themselves, unlike teams like South Carolina and Kentucky, who have contributed nothing to the SEC.

Ding,ding,ding. We have a winner.***

Aug 13, 2010, 1:07 PM

Great article. This reminds me of another insane block

Aug 12, 2010, 12:18 AM

from a few years back. I think it was a Clemson-Carolina game at Columbia(?). I just remember someone leading through the hole and absolutely blowing up two defenders. Both of them sailing through the air like rag dolls.

Wish I could remember the game and person and find a video!

Come to think of it, now I'm wondering if the one I'm thinking of was against FSU. Hmm...

Here's a classic...

Aug 12, 2010, 12:25 AM

Tracy Johnson knocking helmet, chinstrap, mouthpiece, and player in different directions

Message was edited by: Tiger Rag®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you thinking of Thomas Hunter in this game?

Aug 12, 2010, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Great article. This reminds me of another insane block ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCGPqUt968E

At 5:25?

That's it! Thanks for posting the video link to it!

Aug 12, 2010, 7:30 AM

I can't help but enjoy the sight of that first defender bouncing off of Hunter and sailing over the LOS.

I remember that play. Awesome job by Hunter. ******

Aug 12, 2010, 8:13 AM

null

Man, its easy to forget how special JD was

Aug 12, 2010, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Are you thinking of Thomas Hunter in this game? ]

His last couple years were marred by injuries and absolutely terrible blocking, but he was one heck of a player. If he'd had even a mediocre o-line to run behind he would be far and away the leading rusher in Clemson history.

Message was edited by: creatiger®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, its easy to forget how special JD was- yep

Aug 12, 2010, 8:58 AM

very very solid running back. hope he does well in the NFL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

possibly trash talk.

Aug 12, 2010, 8:22 AM

"since he was saying stuff first, I possibly could’ve said a little bit to him.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i swear, Diehl could take that helmet and facemask and

Aug 12, 2010, 8:45 AM

clear snow off the roads in DC this winter.

Re: Fullback Chad Diehl: A player for any era

Aug 12, 2010, 8:59 AM

KY never knew what hit them, until it was too late. That is the kind of swarming, mauling, take no prisoners kind of play want to see every play of every game. The Tigers put a good, old fashioned butt whipping on another sec team. It won't be the last, if we play like that every week. With an upgraded OL and better LB's this year, we have a shot at being a real force to recon with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be on the field every offensive play either at FB

Aug 12, 2010, 9:03 AM

or TE. Folks, we have a serious offensive weapon in Diehl. Do not let it go to waste Napier!

I'm all in (for) with us being a tougher team:

Aug 12, 2010, 9:44 AM

When TB first came to Clemson I was very excited about RR's fast past open no huddle attack, (of course anything was an upgrade over West) after RR left the offense gradually got weaker and Spence's screen passes were too predictable. It was great when we "upset" a FSU, but being unable to get 10 points vs. a Wake Forest when you had Davis and Spiller showed how soft we could be.
I don't want to be a 80-20 run team. But when it's 3rd and 2 it should be: "I'm coming up the middle you and everybody in the stadium knows it, now try an stop me!"

Chad Diehl is my favorite player on the team! What are his

Aug 12, 2010, 10:39 AM

chances of making it into the NFL? Is the role that he plays for the team something that NFL scouts will notice?

I haven't read any NFL scouting articles but just my

Aug 12, 2010, 11:18 AM

opinion, he has a great chance to play in NFL as a FB. He is a head knockler and all NFL teams need a blocking FB. Remember the FB from WFU got drafted decently high a few years ago and I think he's playing for the Falcons now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very hallowed ground...

Aug 12, 2010, 11:15 AM

when you get a compliment of this nature: "could play on any team, anywhere, any year or era." This is basically the highest compliment a player can receive. Wow.

Re: Fullback Chad Diehl: A player for any era

Aug 12, 2010, 1:23 PM

wow...Chad is THE MAN...so thankful for the player (and the person) he is...Watched the video...DANG...CJ Spiller...unbelieveable!!!

Good article. Loved watching him spring the TBs. Go Chad!***

Aug 12, 2010, 6:02 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic