Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Aug 2, 2012, 9:47 AM

ACC Offensive Line Rankings

ACC Offensive Line Rankings
As I mentioned in a previous blog, evaluating offensive linemen is difficult. First, we don't know their assignments. We may think they missed a block when they were not charged with blocking that defender. Also, it is difficult to watch offensive linemen on t

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Aug 2, 2012, 9:52 AM

Interesting our ranking versus VT's considering we both return the same number of starters. I would have guessed they might be reversed from here but I guess we will find out soon enough

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings

Aug 2, 2012, 10:40 AM

I've seen jounalists repeatedly quote Coach Caldwell as saying that the OL will be better this year, and I don't think that's what he said.

I watched the interview and he stated that this year's line would be "better athletically" than last year's.

Better athleticism does not necessarilly tranlate into a better all around line. I find it hard to believe that a group starting two sophomores, along with a converted DL will be better than a group that consisted of three seniors, an all ACC junior and a sophomore.

We shall see, but count me as very concerned about both lines of scrimage.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me an athlete any day

Aug 2, 2012, 11:09 AM

You can coach up the athletes to build their knowledge of the game. Coaching only takes you so far if you have inferior talent to those around you.

I can understand why given this qoute

Aug 2, 2012, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Offensive Line Rankings ]

" "We will know quickly when we get on the field. I think we have some talented guys. Athletically, we could be better than the group last year - we will be better."

It's the last part of that sentence that people have been focusing on.

I remember not to many years ago that....

Aug 2, 2012, 4:50 PM

Thunder and Lightning were returning for a big year only to be disappointed because we did not have a very good OL.

Even with the WR corps that we have, It all starts with the line. If you control the line of scrimage, you win the game.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic