Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Streaking Craze - 1973??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Streaking Craze - 1973??

Oct 27, 2017, 9:13 AM

I can't remember if it was the fall of 1973 or 1974, but I remember when the big Streaking craze hit Clemson. I lived in E-Section in Johnstone at the time - room faced outward toward the P-plant. We ussed to sit on the ledge outside of my room's window and watch the streakers run by - I guess you young guys don't know what I'm talking about.

They finally had to get the highway patrol to come on campus because there were so many people coming onto the campus to see what was going on - was a wild time for a few weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Streaking Craze - 1973??

Oct 27, 2017, 9:25 AM

Had the craze been pre coed days, Francis Marion® would have plenty of pigs to show off.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 27, 2017, 9:30 AM

pffft, this is because kids did not have snap chat back them. You do not even have to get off the couch to do this now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 9:34 AM

I was there....watching.

I remember it well, though not sure which year...

Oct 27, 2017, 9:38 AM

random acts of streaking had occurred at Clemson and other schools and seemed to be on the increase, when the administration decided to hold one big streak, maybe on a Thursday evening. We went to campus along with probably several thousand visitors and watched as a few hundred streakers ran across campus. Most of them had either paper sacks or underwear over their heads, but most folks weren't looking at their faces anyhow. When we got home my mother-in-law called my wife wanting to know if she had been cheated...after the big streak everything died down, and RC Edwards looked very wise in having put it all to rest. Go Tigers!

now you would be arrested and place on a sexual predators

Oct 27, 2017, 9:53 AM

list that would affect you for the rest of your life. Plus you would be sued by numerous "offended" parties, who "felt unsafe" to be on campus.

We live in some Fun Times now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: now you would be arrested and place on a sexual predators

Oct 27, 2017, 10:14 AM

Co-ed streaking? I'm 100% going to be triggered. Or at least a part of me by the wimmins.

Yep. Clemson held the "world record" for one night, after

Oct 27, 2017, 10:11 AM

an actual organized count crossing the amphitheater, then someone (U-Texas?) had over 20,000 the next night.

I remember at the height of it, a guy (streaker) riding his bike directly past the P-plant and campus police station while a couple of Clemson's Finest were sitting outside, don't think they ever even left their stools. (We were watching out the upper floor windows of Johnstone.) They were used to dealing with crazy college kids, and knew the "fad" would blow over soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2017, 10:32 AM

1973 - Fall of my senior year. I was practice teaching and got a lot of questions about it from my kids the morning after the big streak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Naked Electric Guitar

Oct 27, 2017, 10:50 AM

Ledge of Johnstone-fat, small peckered dude. Played to the masses. Thought it was the week before spring break 1974.

It was 19 and 73.***

Oct 27, 2017, 10:52 AM

Great times

Oct 27, 2017, 11:08 PM

1973 was the year, and I was watching from the ledge outside my room, C-519, across from the Calhoun Mansion. Some guy played a poor man's version of J. Hendrix's national anthem from the ledge a couple floors above. They came by on motorcycle, open convertibles, bicycle, you name it. I believe if they stayed on campus the police didn't bother them. Those were some great years and fun times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2017, 11:40 AM

There was a streaking incident at a church on one of the back roads to Seneca. He came in the front door, ran down through the middle of the church and jumped out a window. The Greenville TV station interviewed some of the church members the next day, one of whom was an elderly lady. The clip was on the evening news. When asked if she saw the streaker, she said "Yes, but I didn't see his face". My wife and I cracked up laughing.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic