Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
well, it's gonna work out to get my fav pizza to go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 335

well, it's gonna work out to get my fav pizza to go

May 22, 2020, 5:01 PM

Wasena Tap House, the best tap room around and one of my favorite restaurants. But not convenient for us to pick up from. They're now open for outside, lower capacity dining, but Mrs No has to pick up something from a store near there, so we're getting an order to go.

THE DIRTY SOUTH CAPRESE PIZZA $14.00
A garlic oil brushed pie topped with a layer of thin
sliced green tomato, bacon, caramelized onion,
fresh basil, and a light sprinkling of mozzarella,
finished with a drizzle of balsamic Bbq sauce.

Having it with a DB Hasey IPA that I actually had to buy, since daughter-of can't get her free beer these days.

https://www.dbbrewingcompany.com/beverage/haysey-ipa/

https://www.wasenacitytaproom.com/menu/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're in Lexington? the girl I dated for 4+ years at CU was

May 22, 2020, 5:13 PM

from Buena Vista. Beautiful up there. Horse country as I recall. Visited her parents with her several times and spent the week... spring break, Thanksgiving, etc. He was a big wheel with Burlington back then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Botetourt. Between Lexington and Roanoke.

May 22, 2020, 5:19 PM

Between the Blue Ridge and the Allegheny. Botetourt is much similar to Rockbridge County, where Lexington and BV are. Very nice part of the world, been here over 30 yrs, longer than I was in SC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember her mom did her shopping in either Lynchburg

May 22, 2020, 5:55 PM

or Roanoke. Also just realized that I screwed up, they were in Alta Vista, not Buena Vista. Which is a good 60 or so miles south. I had to google it. But hey, it's was 40 years ago.

They were a fairly hoity-toity family. Her older sister was a Miss NC runnerup, her older brother was at UNC med school. Debutante balls and all that. I was a bit of an outsider... long haired hippie dude dating their daughter. They were good to me, but I always felt like they thought she could do better, if you know what I mean.

Funny story I think I've posted before. We went to French restaurant in Richmond one night. I snuck outside and smoked a joint. I was stoned as a statue and we were all drinking wine. I had a major buzz. When it came time to order, I scanned the menu real quick and ordered the "seafood creepies". That's exactly how I pronounced it (yeah, seafood crepes). The waiter laughed, she laughed, her brother laughed. But her dad had the saddest face. Like... my god, what if she marries this loser.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

LOL. Altavista is not nearly as nice, out of the mountains.

May 22, 2020, 6:10 PM

And wouldn't take much to be the cream of society there. I dated a couple of girls like that too, glad I didn't marry one.

We were supposed to be at Wintergreen this weekend

May 22, 2020, 5:35 PM

For a wedding at a venue nearby. Was looking forward to going to DB!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when Corona started and you wondered if you...

May 22, 2020, 5:46 PM

would be there. loutz

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good memory!

May 22, 2020, 6:03 PM

Beefsteak®

Lot of wedding venues near there. Some old mansion I'd like

May 22, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to We were supposed to be at Wintergreen this weekend ]

to see, can't remember the name. That DB has opened for outside seating, it's a large place, they're currently seating 200 outside social distanced.

Love the area! Been there many times***

May 22, 2020, 6:05 PM

Swannanoa. Had to google it. Haven't been, not sure about

May 22, 2020, 6:17 PM

going. Apparently still in rough condition, other than the pics they show. In Afton.

https://skyline-swannanoa-inc.square.site/

Replies: 10
| visibility 335
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic