Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Students to be charged for football tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 175
| visibility 151

New Story: Students to be charged for football tickets

Apr 12, 2016, 11:12 AM

Students to be charged for football tickets

Students wanting to attend home football games next fall will have to pay for a season ticket if they want to sit in the lower bowl, while upper deck tickets will still be free. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bernie ain't gonna like this***

Apr 12, 2016, 11:13 AM

I ain't gonna like this***

Apr 12, 2016, 1:47 PM

I think the students contribute to our success in Death Valley ... maybe more than the coaches... I do not mind paying Dabo 5million+ but not on the the backs of the students!

Re: I ain't gonna like this***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:14 PM

Students don't deserve $250 tickets. They can sit up top. Less seats for GT fans

Re: New Story: Students to be charged for football tickets

Apr 12, 2016, 11:14 AM

That's a misleading title to the article. Clearly, students can still attend football games for free as the information posted under the article outlines.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Students to be charged for football tickets

Apr 12, 2016, 11:36 AM

Agree. They can choose to pay for better seats or go for free in the upper deck. Plus if they pay, they don't have to take the time to try to go get the tickets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

free in the upper deck, not the main student section***

Apr 12, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Students to be charged for football tickets ]

Re: free in the upper deck, not the main student section***

Apr 12, 2016, 12:20 PM

So what. Free is free. Students can get into the game for free, the title of the article leads one to believe otherwise.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: free in the upper deck, not the main student section***

Apr 12, 2016, 1:48 PM

only 3,300 students can attend for free!

Is this because

Apr 12, 2016, 11:16 AM

They've been using profanity in the fight song? Or just to raise money to put seats in the east endzone?

How Much will students have to donate to get lowers?***

Apr 12, 2016, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How Much will students have to donate to get lowers?***

Apr 12, 2016, 11:22 AM

With they have to buy the ticket at face value as well? Just wondering?

If so, on average, that puts a student cost approaching to $100 per game for the season with the Iptay fee for the lower seats and hill?

Apr 12, 2016, 11:27 AM

The way I read it, it's just a fee of $225 for the entire season and that comes to a little over $30/game. That's not too bad but I can't speak for everybody. Seems fair, times are changing and despite our desire for things to remain the same, they can't...Its just life, I guess.

Non students have to pay 800-1600 I think for similar seats.

Apr 12, 2016, 11:29 AM

So they get a pretty good discount.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Non students have to pay 800-1600 I think for similar seats.

Apr 12, 2016, 12:28 PM

A big discount. But there will always someone petitioning for something free bc they feel they deserve it. IMO, every student that enrolls at Clemson, they enroll bc of the quality of education offered at Clemson University, and surely not to go to sporting events for free But, Clemson is offering their students the privilege to attend sporting events for FREE. Rightfully so, the free seat privilege doesn't include seats of the student's choice. There are a lot of people paying lots of money to sit in the upper deck. and anyone that cries and complains about sitting in the upper deck for absolutely FREE of any cost for the seat, they should keep their AS$ES at home where they can have a choice seat in front of their TV. And if they are watching at a friends house, please don't pisss and moan when they can't sit in the home owners chair!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2016, 6:04 PM

Football tickets aren't "FREE." They are included in the cost of tuition, which is raising every year. There wouldn't be a football team without the University.

Did you read the posting about the athletic department

Apr 12, 2016, 7:08 PM

getting ZERO funding from the University? It's actually the other way at Clemson. The AD gives money to the school, and all students benefit from the parking lots that get paved, etc. using IPTAY funds.

Re: Did you read the posting about the athletic department

Apr 12, 2016, 7:26 PM

Well, that is great! But still the Football Team exists through the University, and not the other way around. Otherwise it would be the NFL---

Just my opinion as a Clemson student who studied hard, counted every dime, and attended Clemson Football games! I think the student section should be on the lower level and that all students, even those with less money, should be able to attend. Some majors are really demanding (architecture, engineering, others) and you can't really have a job and work. Once you get a job, it's a different thing to charge.

At the same time, I wish students would stay in the section until the end of the game! If you take a ticket, you should respect the game....

Mech E. 1996. Job the whole time I was there.***

Apr 12, 2016, 8:17 PM

Also with the jobs

Apr 12, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you read the posting about the athletic department ]

It's not like it's easy to just "get a job." Not anymore at least.

Apr 12, 2016, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Non students have to pay 800-1600 I think for similar seats. ]

Without the college, it's called the NFL!!! When there is College without FB, there will be training centers everywhere for out of HS pre NFL football centers that will play games just as college does it. And the center will recruit basically the way colleges does it. There will small cash offered under fair guidelines, I'm sure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Non students have to pay 800-1600 I think for similar seats. ]

I am 40 year iptay guy and students need to be (a good portion any way) in the lower deck in the section by the hill to create crowd noise. the upper deck by hill is also good but dont fix what works for a great atmosphere.

Apr 12, 2016, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Non students have to pay 800-1600 I think for similar seats. ]

and they yell alot louder creating an atmosphere that the old guys like me cannot do. I am iptay season ticket holder for 40 years and this stinks

as a 40 year season ticket holder leave the students

Apr 12, 2016, 9:34 PM

alone and please do not move them to a worse spot as the noise near the hill is great. I think that the price is too high for a student and not sure this is a good move. soemtimes if it it broke dont fix it just because you can. new ad's love to screw some things up inspite of having a vision about other things.
us old iptay folks sure aint gong to be able to create that atmosphere.

Re: as a 40 year season ticket holder leave the students

Apr 13, 2016, 1:47 PM

Students should go to games free but the AD needs to pay $1000 per game.

yeah it's no longer Clemson Family, it's Clemson Greed***

Apr 12, 2016, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How Much will students have to donate to get lowers?*** ]

Re: yeah it's no longer Clemson Family, it's Clemson Greed***

Apr 12, 2016, 12:24 PM

I would have loved the ticketing cost to get a ticket. I had one for every game, but had to wait in line (a Pain). I would have worked extra jobs to pay for it because I wasn't one of the haves, as they say! It is all about priority. Students sell tickets, just like everyone else to make money. Hopefully, this will eliminate that. It's all about greed too. You have to pay coaches and provide for the professional experiences we are seeing at Clemson. When I was at Clemson we were terrible. Winning has a price to play. Go Tigers!!!!

Doesn't seem like greed to me.

Apr 12, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to yeah it's no longer Clemson Family, it's Clemson Greed*** ]

It seems like we're paying the bills to keep a top 10 football program going.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't seem like greed to me.

Apr 13, 2016, 6:39 AM

Paying it on the backs of students who by and large have no reliable source of income as it is. It's shameful.

Jul 11, 2021, 10:15 PM [ in reply to How Much will students have to donate to get lowers?*** ]

The "donation" will be $225 and it will cover the cost of their ticket.

Apr 12, 2016, 11:58 AM

My understanding is that the student will have to join the IPTAY Collegiate Club, which cost $40 per year or $130 for four years if you pay up front.....this then gives them the right to purchase their lower level ticket for $225.

Is this correct Nikki?

Apr 12, 2016, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: How Much will students have to donate to get lowers?*** ]

Exactly, and I assume that a parent that has a kid at Clemson would gladly pay 225 a FB season for their kid to attend a game. That's $32 bucks a game. Concerts cost much more, about anything that young people want to do away from home cost much more, and they don't have to risk driving home drunk!!!

I understand where DRad is coming from...