Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I remember 1981
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I remember 1981

Oct 25, 2015, 6:08 PM

I was so uptight worrying about losing that I couldn't fully enjoy what was happening. This year I'm soaking up every moment and taking it as it comes. Enjoying every minute.

This is a special season. Enjoy it, fellow Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I remember 1981

Oct 25, 2015, 6:13 PM

I find myself feeling more uptight with each passing week, I need to follow your lead and just let go.....I need to sit back and enjoy the ride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 6:29 PM

Silver Back here. Week of Halloween was special in 1981 - Tigers put up 82 on Wake :)

Tigers, make this Halloween special in Raleigh!!!

The challenge 82+.

I'm relishing it this time

Oct 25, 2015, 6:30 PM

I enjoy just driving around Myrtle Beach with my CLEMSON TIGER PAW FLAGS flying on my Cadillac to advertise the team I love...and to encourage my Tiger Brethren in this town infested with arrogant coots.

I've been doing it every day since the season started, so it's become a daily ritual that I've adopted as my duty & contribution to keeping our undefeated streak going.

Silver gray Caddy Deville with twin flags...Purple flags / Orange Paws ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm relishing it this time***

Oct 25, 2015, 7:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm relishing it this time

Oct 25, 2015, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I'm relishing it this time ]

I live in pawleys island. Leave the flags up. It's good luck lol. I put my Clemson dad magnet on before first game. Ain't gonna wash my car til mid January. Lol. Go tigers and yes we are surrounded by usuc fans but notice the lack of flags these days

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 6:35 PM

I remember too, but wasn't as invested in every game the way I am now. I had a job that required me to be there on Saturday's and there was little TV coverage even if I was off part of the day.

This year, I've been able to attend all buy one game and will be in Raleigh next week. Just loving seeing our Tigers playing well and representing our University with class and integrity.

I will love them even if they lose, but I love the winning, too!

GO Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasnt around for the 81 season but

Oct 25, 2015, 6:42 PM

Im still worried about every game. I know dabo has changed things around here but i can't help that i still think about the 2011 season when we went 8-0 but lost the last 4out of 5 and the 2013 season when we were all the way up to #3, 6-0 but got destroyed by FSU. I want to think this season is a different team but its really hard to go undefeated and i can't help but to worry about getting disappointed again. I shouldn't put so emotion into Clemson but when your born and raised a tiger its hard not to.

This year is WAY different.

Oct 25, 2015, 6:51 PM

We had nowhere near the talent or depth in 2011 or 2013. Trust me, bro. This season is special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are thin at LB and QB at depth

Oct 25, 2015, 8:16 PM

but yes your right we are more talented and have, for the most part better depth. I think this is just a very well coached team this year

Re: This year is WAY different.

Oct 25, 2015, 9:21 PM [ in reply to This year is WAY different. ]

> We had nowhere near the talent or depth in 2011 or
> 2013. Trust me, bro. This season is special.

I find myself doing the same thing but I'm slowly starting to believe just that. think it might be special. I think the culture has finally changed.

was a junior that year..

Oct 25, 2015, 7:04 PM

and too young and dumb to have appreciated the moment. The GA game was special as we all sat in the stands for 20 minutes after the game just basking in it. The Wake game was strange, but the best game was at the roach. I was sitting in the suck student section, and a friend from High School was their head cheerleader. At one point he yelled if anybody throws another orange on the field, I'm jumping up in the stands. We clobbered his ####. What a great day that was partying in 5 points that night. The natty was surreal, but again didn't really appreciate it. This year is very different, for whatever reason seems more magical, trying my best to take it one at a time and enjoy the ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes I remember barely squeaking by State the

Oct 25, 2015, 7:06 PM

Week before the Wake game 17-7 but back then if an offense put up 30 on an opponent it was considered a lot of points When we scored 82 it was unheard of but it seemed every time we had the ball we scored

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And then after the WF beat down, a showdown with

Oct 25, 2015, 7:15 PM

#9 NC at Chapel Hill. Squeaked by 10-8.

Went to every game that year, home and away

Oct 25, 2015, 7:14 PM

great time in Nola, throwing oranges on Billy Brice field and beating Nebraska in the OB....

Helluva senior year, not sure how I passed all my ChemE courses that fall...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

yep, I agree. This is my favorite year ever.

Oct 25, 2015, 7:18 PM

I expect to win ever week and every week we do

1981 was GREAT-my Soph yr...we went to N Orleans for Tulane

Oct 25, 2015, 7:31 PM

game, enjoyed all the home games (esp. the WF beatdown)...had a blast in Chapel Hill for the UNC game (even though we got stopped by one of NCHP's finest - amazingly only got a warning ticket ;) ), and had waay too much fun in Miami at the MNC game and the after party!

Fast forward: moved back here to Clemson in 2013 and have enjoyed/am enjoying every single minute of being back in God's country and Clemson football...this season is SPECIAL, for sure! GO TIGERS!

Re: 1981 was GREAT-my Soph yr...we went to N Orleans for Tulane

Oct 25, 2015, 7:54 PM

Also went to New Orleans for Tulane game in 1981,and had no idea we would be in the hunt for the national championship at the time. If this team continues to improve this could be a really special year.

Re: 1981 was GREAT-my Soph yr...we went to N Orleans for Tulane

Oct 25, 2015, 8:53 PM

We treated the New Orleans trip like a bowl game. That was a special trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2015, 8:23 PM

1981 was my sophomore year at Clemson. No I don't remember lol.

we're playing with house money at this point

Oct 25, 2015, 9:59 PM

and very well could win out in the regular season. Far exceeded my expectations. It's been fun so far!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic