Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Kirk Herbstreit: Clemson has never been hotter, but this season will be a challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Kirk Herbstreit: Clemson has never been hotter, but this season will be a challenge

Aug 23, 2017, 5:56 PM

Kirk Herbstreit: Clemson has never been hotter, but this season will be a challenge

PN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit has long been a fan of what head coach Dabo Swinney is building at Clemson and called last January’s dramatic win over Alabama in the National Championship game one of the best games he’s ever seen. He also thinks the Clemson brand has never been hotter. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, but we have Renfrow and an army of them.***

Aug 23, 2017, 5:59 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit: Clemson has never been hotter, but this season will be a challenge

Aug 23, 2017, 6:10 PM

When has Clrmson ever had a schedule that wasn't a challenge? As for being in the cross hairs, that's no different either. We get everybody's best shot. So is our ability to reload with our arsenal of talent. Imo, we'll win more than 11 or 12 games. If we do win that number, it'll be a great year still.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you could guarantee 11 wins and no more

Aug 23, 2017, 6:55 PM

I'd take it. That's an amazing year after losing the best player in CFB.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Agree, but 15 wins would be nice!!! Just sayin'!! : )

Aug 23, 2017, 7:11 PM

Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: Agree, but 15 wins would be nice!!! Just sayin'!! : )

Aug 24, 2017, 1:04 AM

15 wins isn't impossible!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I refuse to comment...

Aug 23, 2017, 7:55 PM [ in reply to If you could guarantee 11 wins and no more ]

oh, wait...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirk is a smart guy and is very careful.....

Aug 23, 2017, 8:34 PM

With his statement because there's just a lot of things unknown to the college world but that never is an issue for Alabama..... as I see it Bama always gets the nod to number 1 every year even if they lose everyone. I feel Clemson is the real preseason number 1 cause are you not still the champs till someone is able to beat you.

Re: Kirk is a smart guy and is very careful.....

Aug 23, 2017, 8:35 PM

Sorry for the grammatical errors.

Re: Kirk is a smart guy and is very careful.....

Aug 23, 2017, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Kirk is a smart guy and is very careful..... ]

We've had some great success over the past 5-6 seasons. Sustain that for 5-6 more seasons and we will be getting the nod too.

Give the devil his due... little Nikki has been at Bammer for ten seasons, he was at LShU for four. ... and the unmentionable season at South Beach. Seventeen years, sixteen of which were pretty darned successful in the college ranks. If CDS keeps this level up for the next nine years.... he'll be a Hall of Famer too. Just a little more time you impatient biatches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

well, we do own the belt

Aug 24, 2017, 4:18 AM [ in reply to Kirk is a smart guy and is very careful..... ]

and will own it until we lose

http://collegefootballbelt.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson has had a target on their back for at least a decade

Aug 23, 2017, 8:42 PM

I agree with Herb in that the ? Is at QB. I don't expect KW to be a DW4, however with the playmakers we have on both sides of the ball I can easily see us going 11 wins. I have this weird renewed confidence in KW all of a sudden. I might be in for the biggest let down ever but these coaches are watching tape, seeing him make throws off of his shoulder, he is a beast and can run better than DW too. We may be in for a treat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirk Herbstreit: Like and respect him

Aug 23, 2017, 10:07 PM

He had Clemson to win it all pre-season last year and he was right. Sounds like he has us pegged about right this year. Talent but lots of question marks on Offense. KB is not Deshaun so who else will step up big to counter Deshaun loss? We want to win them all in 2017, but 10 regular season wins and a bowl win would be strong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ Agree ^^^^

Aug 24, 2017, 7:54 AM

But what if KB2 throws fewer TD's and fewer INT's?
With his running ability, a dominate O line and a solid D we could be at about the same level of competitiveness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I completely agree with Herbie. I think it will be a hiccup

Aug 23, 2017, 10:56 PM

year of 8-4, 9-3, or 10-2 regular season. After this year, assuming Lawrence or Johnson is as good as advertised, we will be right back in the playoff discussion for a few years. Remember, this isn't as if we made it to the natty and then a huge drop off. We made it to the natty and then made it to the natty again! this is a transition year. And we do have a qb that has thrown 9 career passes.

Re: I completely agree with Herbie. I think it will be a hiccup

Aug 24, 2017, 1:09 AM

How many career passes did DW4 have when he stepped in and took over our offense???

Yeah but Watson was an elite talent. I'm not going to say

Aug 24, 2017, 7:50 AM

that Bryant can't be an effective player, but he's obviously not an elite QB talent or he would've at least been backing up Watson and getting more work the previous two seasons.

Re: I completely agree with Herbie. I think it will be a hiccup

Aug 24, 2017, 7:04 AM [ in reply to I completely agree with Herbie. I think it will be a hiccup ]

Lol 8-4 cmon now have more faith than that

I'm thinking that would be worst case scenario.***

Aug 24, 2017, 5:57 PM

Re: New Story: Kirk Herbstreit: Clemson has never been hotter, but this season will be a challenge

Aug 23, 2017, 11:16 PM

I didn't watch the clip. But from what I read, he didn't miss. But he believes.... heck!... a lot of you don't have us at 11-12 regular season wins. Personally speaking..... if we win the first fuve.... undefeated is what I expect.

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 24, 2017, 1:02 AM

Well thank you Mr Herbstreit, we do appreciate your comments but, we do expect to go out on the field this season and operate like a well oiled machine. It's our coaching staff that knows how to scheme our offense to match the skills of our QB, and I personally believe we will be just fine. But you are right about we won't be a DW4 or a Tajh Boyd offense, it will be a Kelly Bryant offense, and that should be exciting to watch also!!! Until Kelly Bryant goes out and shiots himself, I'm going with he's going to do a good job, and even better as the season goes from one game to the next!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Aug 25, 2017, 8:58 AM

He mentions all those big games, Louisville, Auburn, Va Tech, but it will still come down to Clemson/FSU!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic