Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,869

I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think

Sep 16, 2018, 2:47 PM

that this is the perfect point to season "The young freshman." That's how they always reference him on tv anyway.
KB has done wonders leading this team, and I believe we would have lost in College Station without his leadership. With upcoming games at GT, home against Syracuse, at WF, and home against NC St, the timing seems perfect to give him room to make mistakes and grow as an effective leader of this offense.
I'm cool with whatever the coaches do because what do I know, but this does feel like the pivotal point to make that move.
Whoever runs out to lead the team, I'm all in.
GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think

Sep 16, 2018, 2:53 PM

And how far are you willing to go give him room to make mistakes?
And why do you make these comments if you don't know what you're talking about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"And why do you make these comments if you don't know what y

Sep 16, 2018, 3:12 PM

"And why do you make these comments if you don't know what you're talking about? "

LOL, every comment on TNET about the depth chart falls into this category. Nobody here has a clue.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Why do people assume he will make a lot of mistakes?

Sep 16, 2018, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think ]

He has shown incredible poise thus far, and given us no reason to expect that he will be error prone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I would say this it true of both QBs, but one of them only

Sep 16, 2018, 3:45 PM

has a handful of series to his name at the collegiate level. I don't assume him to be anything, but I don't think it is a reach to expect some growing pains with any new player getting his first significant game time. This could be said about a left guard, long snapper, kicker, RB,...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He was just stating an opinion. You know, that's what

Sep 16, 2018, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think ]

message boards are for?

You on the other hand were just being a jerk.

I'll answer him, but I don't sweat the dude with the 56%

Sep 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

pulse.

null

Sep 16, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think ]

He will either make the mistakes this year or next year. A first year starter usually plays like a first year starter regardless of what grade they are in. (The freak of nature Q.B. at Bama seeming to be a notable exception)

I don't suspect that these are games that we lose

Sep 16, 2018, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I refrain from commenting on QBs, but 3 games in and I think ]

because our D is good enough to win. So how much room? Well, we need to win the games.
Why do I make comments now? I assumed the Clemson football message board was the place to do it. Does that help?

null

Sep 16, 2018, 3:32 PM

Perhaps the coaches want to keep both QBs engaged a bit longer.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic