Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Photo: 1st ever IPTAY membership card
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,881

Football Update: Photo: 1st ever IPTAY membership card

Oct 17, 2013, 11:20 AM

Photo: 1st ever IPTAY membership card

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody translate words at the bottom right:

Oct 17, 2013, 11:25 AM

IRYAAS?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW--Cool 1930's style tiger image

Oct 17, 2013, 11:28 AM

on the card.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I receive yours and acknowledge same"

Oct 17, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Somebody translate words at the bottom right: ]

See http://www.thetigernews.com/news.php?aid=1473&sid=1

I Receive Yours and Acknowledge Same (IRYASS)***

Oct 17, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Somebody translate words at the bottom right: ]

The "Exalted Iryaas" stood for the head football coach. Iryaas stood for "I receive yours and acknowledge same."

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here. Link

Oct 17, 2013, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Somebody translate words at the bottom right: ]

Good stuff here. I think they were trying to create their own Freemason cult or something by the sounds of it.

According to Fike, IPTAY was to be a secret club, complete with secret passwords and the rest. The purpose of the club was to "provide annual financial support to the athletic department at Clemson and to assist in every other way possible to regain for Clemson the high athletic standing which rightfully belongs to her."

Some of the code names IPTAY used included the Bengal Tiger, Persian Tiger and Sumatra Tiger to stand for the president, vice president and secretary, respectively. The "Exalted Iryaas" stood for the head football coach. Iryaas stood for "I receive yours and acknowledge same." A "lair" would be a unit body of IPTAY, and a "region" would be a state, province or foreign country.

The first seal IPTAY used had the acronyms WDWE and WDWD standing for "When Do We Eat" and "When Do We Drink," as well as GOCAMS standing for "Giving Our Clemson All My Support."

http://www.thetigernews.com/news.php?aid=1473&sid=1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here. Link

Oct 17, 2013, 2:37 PM

The symbolism and titles IPTAY originally used were pretty common at the time, not really masonic but more in line with the rotary, elks, lions clubs and other kind of "civic" organizations.

In the 30's in the throws of the great depression, people formed these groups to serve any number of charitable causes, but our little IPTAY club was unique in that Fike and the founding members came together to support Clemson University athletics.

That is so cool!!!!!***

Oct 17, 2013, 11:27 AM

Re: Football Update: Photo: 1st ever IPTAY membership card

Oct 17, 2013, 11:30 AM

My Grandfather played for Jess Neeley and was a senior when they hired an assistant coach named Frank Howard and they became best friends because my grandfather had a car hidden downtown Clemson. He would say before he passed Furman was the Rivalry and South Carolina were wanna bees.

Wish I could find my grandfather's card. He joined in 1934

Oct 17, 2013, 12:19 PM

also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice!***

Oct 17, 2013, 6:47 PM

nm

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,881
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic