Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tuesday Clemson Football Practice Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,439

Football Player Update: Tuesday Clemson Football Practice Report

Sep 13, 2011, 10:32 PM

Tuesday Clemson Football Practice Report

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this was an interesting report

Sep 13, 2011, 10:56 PM

it certainly addresses some of the things we've wondered about. sound plausible. I hope they are right- physicality comes with comfort and experience w/ the system

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Tuesday Clemson Football Practice Report

Sep 13, 2011, 11:17 PM

I have heard about enough from our right tackle. I have watched a lot of the pressures and sacks, and they come right by him. Our RG is no better. They seem to get whipped on a regular basis, and neither seem to know how to fix the problems. This is not a new thing. It happened all last year, too. Think of how many short yardage attempts we tried on the right side of the line, and think how many we didn't make. It's past time for some changes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2011, 11:43 PM

even in the couple of short practice clips I saw zero holes for RBs to get through. I saw the same old same old **** drills.

Lets run best on best full lines......and full freaking contact. I know somebody can get hurt, but sheesh we got to find out what we have.

I really think O now is structured

Sep 14, 2011, 12:26 AM

so you block and depend on the back to find a seam. plays never seem to be designed to go to a specific are a gap b gap c gap etc.

Seems like you fire off and get a hat on a hat. back goes for the opening

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really think O now is structured

Sep 14, 2011, 10:32 AM

I agree, and that hurts, IMO, because there is no specific accountability, since there is no specific guy to block a particular hole. This was done, I believe, so that some players wouldn't have to remember specific plays (kind of like a "dumbing down" of the game). I will leave it at that, but it is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2011, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Tuesday Clemson Football Practice Report ]

Having been an OL, I watch the line more than anything else. I've done it for many years, and I can tell you that poor OL performance, especially on running plays, has been something that has gone on for a long time at Clemson. It is the main reason we have underachieved, especially considering the skill players we have had. I have blamed BS, and his mentality may still be a factor with this OL. I hope Coach Caldwell can get a new mind set in these guys and the brute force comes back in place of the dancing, arm pushing and finesse these guys are used to. The OL is about whipping the guy in front of you. It's just that simple, and we aren't and haven't been doing that for a long time.

Sep 14, 2011, 8:58 AM

from the video, still doing the "thud" tackling. great

As a matter of fact, it seems like the last 10 years it has taken us about 5 games into the season to learn how to wrap up. I think I know why now.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,439
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic