Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really like stoudt but seems would be pointless to start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 4,695

I really like stoudt but seems would be pointless to start

Nov 4, 2013, 11:32 AM

him next year unless he is just head and shoulders above Kelly and Watson. If they are all about even then I think Watson should play and have him as a starter for four years. If not then Watson should redshirt and Kelly start and possibly be a three year starter then Watson take over for next two years after that. I feel bad for stoudt because he is a very capable QB who may never get the chance. Just seems pointless to have to start a new quarterback next year then the year after that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely agree.....and I wouldn't say b/c it's pointless

Nov 4, 2013, 11:43 AM

I'd say b/c you also have to look at the future

On paper next year we'll be "rebuilding" and if there's a year you want to take your lumps w/ a 1st year QB it's during a rebuilding year...........that way you're not starting 2 straight years w/ a 1st year QB especially if that 2nd year is considered to be "the year"

I do not think it matters who starts at QB next year our

Nov 4, 2013, 12:12 PM

defense will allow someone out of the stands to start next year.I think we will see the most dominant defense we have EVER seen in a Clemson uniform next year. We may have to score 10 points a game to win. The defense may average 7 points a game next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Billy Napier? Is that you? ^^***

Nov 4, 2013, 7:06 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Just a guess, but were you born in the nineties?***

Nov 4, 2013, 9:07 PM [ in reply to I do not think it matters who starts at QB next year our ]

Yea, he never saw the defenses of 81, 89, and 90.***

Nov 4, 2013, 9:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I do not think it matters who starts at QB next year our

Nov 4, 2013, 10:02 PM [ in reply to I do not think it matters who starts at QB next year our ]

Ah, youth!

Whomever gives the team the best chance to win next year

Nov 4, 2013, 11:47 AM

should start.

Only way to decide. No different than any other position.***

Nov 4, 2013, 12:01 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Whoever gives." You need the nominative case there.***

Nov 5, 2013, 6:35 AM [ in reply to Whomever gives the team the best chance to win next year ]

There's simply no reason Watson should see the field

Nov 4, 2013, 12:05 PM

next year at all, much less as a starter.

If Stoudt and Kelly are more-or-less equal going into next year, the tie will likely be seniority (and rightfully so).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Tie" should be "tiebreaker"***

Nov 4, 2013, 12:06 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's simply no reason Watson should see the field

Nov 4, 2013, 12:16 PM [ in reply to There's simply no reason Watson should see the field ]

When you've got two talented guys who have been around the program for 2-4 years, a freshan would have to be over the top good to even be in a good competition.

I really like Stoudt, but Kelly blows him away as a runner and with his competitive drive. Say what you will, that drive can be the ingredient needed to win championships.

honestly

Nov 4, 2013, 10:33 PM

I see Kelly as a "connor shaw" type QB, or maybe if we are lucky a Johnny Manziel. either way I'd take it. If our defense plays lights out next year, and the starting QB is a game manager we could easily win 9-10 games; which would be great considering it will be a "rebuilding year" like the original poster said.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's simply no reason Watson should see the field

Nov 5, 2013, 8:56 AM [ in reply to There's simply no reason Watson should see the field ]

^^^This^^^
Famous Anus was a red shirt, Boyd was a red shirt. We are not desperate. Watson should red shirt and Kelly shoudl have a chance to win the job. Enough said.

Cole Stoudt has been a great asset to Clemson thus far

Nov 4, 2013, 12:14 PM

and should definitely get a shot. He's been as good as you could really hope for as a backup. Reggie deserved to play; Cole does too.

Re: Cole Stoudt has been a great asset to Clemson thus far

Nov 4, 2013, 12:17 PM

Reggie who?

Merriweather, 2006 chickens game***

Nov 4, 2013, 12:22 PM

NO, NO, NO don't mention that! The ONE most aggravating...

Nov 4, 2013, 4:14 PM

thing that I've ever experienced in 47 years of Clemson football. He could have won that game had he been left in. A pox on T. Bowden's house!!!!!!!!!

If Stoudt is the starter, he'll be what's best.

Nov 4, 2013, 12:14 PM

Likewise if Stoudt does beat Kelly out after 2 years in the system, Swag is not what we thought he was. I just don't see anyone other than Swag starting next year.If either Stoudt or an INCOMING freshman get the job, we're most likely in a rebuilding instead of a reloading year.

Re: If Stoudt is the starter, he'll be what's best.

Nov 4, 2013, 12:19 PM

One of the edges Kelly will have next year is that we won't just need a game manager. We need someone to drive the offense and to make plays when we need them. I watched some of Watson's ESPNU game Friday night and while he had play makers all around him, several times, they needed him to make a play and he did.

Re: If Stoudt is the starter, he'll be what's best.

Nov 4, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to If Stoudt is the starter, he'll be what's best. ]

Well, guess what.. we don't get to choose. The coaches do. It will be decided in the Spring and fall preseason practices.
We will have a 5th year senior and a red-shirt sophmore both with NFL bloodlines & a true freshman who is the # 1 rated QB out of high school in the country.

What a terrible problem to have, we are doomed! (sarcasim meter on overload)

Give Watson a year in the weight room learning the system why not?

May the best man win reguardless what the x-box coaches on tigernet think. No matter who is at QB, it is a win for us and not a rebuilding year. However, in MHO, Kelly had better put the petal to the metal this spring or he could be the best QB never to start at Clemson.......

Open competition and the best man for next season

Nov 4, 2013, 12:21 PM

wins. There's no point in throwing away a season. If things fall into place we could have another solid year. FSU might be out of reach, but SC is at home, and UGA will be rebuilding much of their offense too. Our D could still be better than theirs next season. They will clearly have better RBs and we play them in Athens, but that game should be winnable if we have the better QB on the field. If that's Stoudt then we play him, i don't care if Watson or Kelly may be better in a year or two.

Stoudt has the early edge

Nov 4, 2013, 12:33 PM

His accuracy and decision-making in the spring game really impressed me, and the limited playing time this year has showed real potential. He has the height advantage, experience and smarts. His overall size worries me, though. Afraid the kid would get snapped in two if he took a hard hit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really donylt care for seniority on the

Nov 4, 2013, 7:22 PM

Football field. Whoever is clearly the best will play period. I wouldn't won't these coaches to feel drag the whole team down simply because they feel they owe it to a guy! Like Bowden always use to do! Nuk, Spiller, and Watkins all came in and started, why? Because they were simply the best! I Wished a long time ago that the coaches would have started Boyd instead of parked at the time because Boyd was our future. Put the best man on the field!

Best man should play***

Nov 4, 2013, 7:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Kelly will be the starter next year

Nov 4, 2013, 7:33 PM

He fits the offense much better than Stoudt. Stoudt is a good passer, but is very skinny and as much as we run the QB, he wouldn't last. Kelly can do both and is a very good runner. It will leave the question if Kelly wins, what Watson will do, cause if Kelly plays well, don't see much of a chance of him not being the starter in 2015.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two years with Kelly then two with Watson.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:11 PM

It's that simple.

I think Chad showed fans how it's supposed to be done against UVa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stoudt has a great arm and has been

Nov 4, 2013, 7:45 PM

Pretty cool under fire. I wouldn't count him out

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Theres nothing better than hearing a tv announcer

Nov 4, 2013, 7:54 PM

Say " Oh my did you see that?"," and remember folks this kid is just a freshman!!!"

The name Chris Morocco ring a bell

Nov 4, 2013, 9:46 PM

quality back up for Rodney for 3 years who had an outstanding senior season as a starter. DeShawn Cameron backed him up then had a great 2 years. Stoudt knows this offense inside-out. Kelly does not, Kelly will play meaningful snaps, but Stoudt is the starter and has a very, very good year

Nope.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:15 PM

I firmly believe that Chad is the better fit in this offense. I think that was evident from his performance in the fourth quarter Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Nov 4, 2013, 10:39 PM

Stoudt has a SLIM edge in passing, but Kelly tips the scales into his favor with his ability to run the ball. Not to mention the kid is a baller.

The more I think about it the more I tend to agree

Nov 4, 2013, 10:41 PM [ in reply to The name Chris Morocco ring a bell ]

We may not have Sammy next year, but we may have higher caliber targets in total for a good armed QB like Stoudt. Bryant. Williams. Peake. Leggett. Humphries. And if Demarre Kitt gets to Tigertown early as promised and doesn't RS - although I think that is the most likely scenario - holy sheemoly we'll have some serious talent and speed for a passing game. If I remember, Kitt doesn't have Sammy acceleration but he's got Sammy speed especially on the top end. He could be down field before the safety knows what's up.

Hopper too.***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I vaguely recall

Nov 4, 2013, 10:36 PM

a similar conversation the year Boyd earned the starting spot. Now it wasn't like this but people did have questions as to if he was capable. well.....he won the ACC championship.

Re: The more I think about it the more I tend to agree

Nov 4, 2013, 10:53 PM

If any of our WR recruits can manage to keep a redshirt off of them, it'll more than likely be Artavis Scott than Kitt. If we get Malone then I think he'd see the field as well.

It ain't hard folks, Dabo is

Nov 5, 2013, 12:57 AM

going to start the best qb he's seen in practice, spring game and fall camp. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on the defenses we play

Nov 5, 2013, 9:51 AM

I think we could utilize both skill sets of Stoudt and Kelly.

If we play a team w/o a good D backfield or rush, Stoudt could stand in the poket and eat their lunch.

If we play a team that we need escapablility from our QB, Kelly offers that in bunches.

There is no reason with 2 talented QBs that we don't use whichever one is best suited to exploit the D we are playing on any given Sat.

He should start if he gives us the best chance to win at UGA

Nov 5, 2013, 9:54 AM

If he's just a little better than Kelly, but gives us a better shot of winning that game, that's all that should matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 4,695
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic