Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I went back 5 years to look up all the players who have transferred from Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

I went back 5 years to look up all the players who have transferred from Clemson.

Feb 8, 2018, 1:39 PM

One of the things that really irates me is who the media twist the transfers back on Clemson and the coaching staff. They paint a very negative picture indicating it’s common place for players to transfer out.

What they fail to mention is most of the players who have transferred out have already earned their degree. The ones who have not received their degree usually drop down from an FBS school so they could play right away. In one or two situations I believe there were some medical issues involved ( want go into any details ). But in every case the player leaving had the class to thank Clemson for the opportunity to play football for the Tigers.

Not one single player was ask to leave or had his scholarship taken away. We have not over signed players to force transfers. These kids by the time they reach college level athletics knows the best players will play and that every year they have to earn they starting spot. I would venture to say during the recruiting process Dabo and his staff make this very clear. This is why Clemson is not for every recruit. This is why the Clemson staff is very selective. You probably could ask every player who has transferred out if he was promised a starting position. If they are honest with themselves they would tell you no. The coaching staff told us it would be hard work with no guarantees.

But if you read or listen to the media they try to portray the transfer in as negative as possible way so it can possibly have an affect on our recruiting and how fans perceive Clemson.

Those of us who take the time to do their research know differently. For example Kelly Bryant had to know it might be possible that Clemson would sign a QB that might take his job. This goes for every single player on the team.

If the media’s version of players who have left the program were true and correct it would get out to the recruits and HS coaches. It would have negative effects on recruiting and we would not have pulled in the best class ever and our recruiting would not be improving each under Dabo’s tenure at Clemson as the recruiting coordinator and as the HC.

To the trolls on this board your negative post regarding players transferring to other programs is not working. In the end honesty and integrity win out every time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Clemson is at 82 schollies right now

Feb 8, 2018, 1:45 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still that huge glaring hole at fullback

Feb 8, 2018, 2:48 PM

I don't see how we expect to win the division, much less the conference or a Natty without a quality fullback.

Oh, wait . . . .

Never mind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Another thing to consider

Feb 8, 2018, 1:50 PM

of those who transferred out how many have found success elsewhere? Chad Kelly is the only one that I recall off the top of my head.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another thing to consider

Feb 8, 2018, 2:25 PM

You can erase that one....Chad Kelly did not transfer...He was kicked off the team. He had no choice but to leave if he wanted to still play football. That's not the same as a voluntary transfer IMO.

I really have not seen any negative media on transfers.***

Feb 8, 2018, 2:19 PM

Yep- I haven’t seen or heard a single

Feb 8, 2018, 2:49 PM

Media person take that approach. I’ve seen a few clueless trolls try to pick a fight on here about it. Any decent media member should know these guys have their degree when they leave.

How often has media bashed Clemson transfers?

Feb 8, 2018, 2:42 PM

I can only remember one time (when RayRay McElrathbey left Clemson). And that's almost 10 years ago now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How often has media bashed Clemson transfers?

Feb 8, 2018, 5:25 PM

That’s after the NCAA allowed Clemson so special latitude to help RayRay take care of his younger brother. Not sure about all the details but The Clemson Coaches and The Clemson Family pulled together to help a young man in trouble. At the point his brother moved in with him and I believe he relied on the financial assistance from Clemson and fans football had to take a back seat. I believe he did get his degree before leaving. I am attaching some articles for you to read. After reading them I guess you will have to make up your own mind.

IMO it was a difficult situation for a 20 year old to handle. Taking care of his brother, getting his degree and competing for a spot on the field. I feel Clemson did as much as they could under all circumstances being considered. I hope all the links work.

We should be proud of Ray Ray accomplishments and his attitude towards life.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/one-on-one-with-ray-ray-mcelrathbey/article_7ef1b7ac-09f3-5bfd-a698-1aba5bd96d53.html

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/ray-ray-finished-playing-for-tigers/article_bd779c59-6fcc-5320-aee3-737315d40573.html

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/with-former-clemson-defender-ray-ray-mcelrathbey/h3g8RqH6n2fNBra0LoWHmJ/

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/03/10/ray-ray-contd-a-clemson-response

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?***

Feb 8, 2018, 2:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic