Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody

May 9, 2019, 10:01 AM

from around South/North Carolina have any small bass they will be willing to sell? I have been wanting to try it. Looks like it'll be some good fish to cook at my next fish fry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe you might be interested in this

May 9, 2019, 10:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: maybe you might be interested in this

May 9, 2019, 10:52 AM

Without anything else in the picture, how do we know that is a small bass?

I'm sensing a bait and switch type of thing happening here and I don't approve.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: maybe you might be interested in this

May 9, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to maybe you might be interested in this ]

nice sense of humor! :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha. Well PLAYED, sir.

May 9, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to maybe you might be interested in this ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody

May 9, 2019, 10:57 AM

MyFav, bass are a very good fresh water fish and I love eating them, but if you want the best fresh water in the Carolina's, you have to try the fresh water Crappy, that is the best tasting fish that has ever touched my tongue!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you've never eaten Walleye***

May 9, 2019, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then you've never eaten Walleye***

May 9, 2019, 11:19 AM

I dated one once! Does that count? ;)

Re: Then you've never eaten Walleye***

May 9, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Then you've never eaten Walleye*** ]

Yes I have once when I lived in Anderson for a little while, and I thought it was a good tasting fish, but to me it wasn't better than a crappy. That thick white fluffy flakes of meat that the crappy have is just hard to beat for me, but each to their own, and I guess it's what you grew up eating. But you are the first to disagree with me about a crappy. You must live up state where the walleye are plentiful, or out of the state of SC. My friend that had a fish fry in Anderson said that the walleye was a fish caught up in Lake Hartwell and the Mountain lakes in NC where the water is really cold. The only places that I have done most of my fishing, is the Santee swamps, and Lake Murray....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody ]

Well if they taste so good then why do they call it Crappy?

May 9, 2019, 11:20 AM

It's the silver lining behind someone telling a person to "eat $h#t".

May 9, 2019, 3:23 PM

Look in the mirror bc, if you believe that walleye is better than the "Crappie", you must have eaten it before. Over and out!!!

May 9, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody ]

Maybe they already had one called delicious, just kidding LOL. The spelling is actually crappie, and I've always spelled it crappy, and that is what most called them but, when listening to someone that uses the right grammar, the spelling is Crappie, but it sound like they are saying Crop-ie, but you will never hear a country boy fisherman pronouncing them as Crop-ie, it has always been crappy to us ;)

I prefer crappie too. especially if you're frying it. great

May 9, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody ]

Fish. Bass is OK but I usually just catch and release.

Re: I prefer crappie too. especially if you're frying it. great

May 9, 2019, 3:42 PM

Dom, when I was able to fish a lot, I would always keep a couple of small bass to eat and put everything else back in the lake... Now I would catch the limit with crappie if they were bitting good, freeze them in a salt water brine for later, or for a fish fry at my church....

We used to do that too. I spent summers as a kid on Santee.

May 9, 2019, 8:30 PM

We would load up on blue cats and crappie.

Fill the bag with water before you freeze and it keeps for a long time.

I have the best memories with my dad, grandpa and uncle. We would clean the fish and uncle would make home made hush puppies and onion rings.

Re: We used to do that too. I spent summers as a kid on Santee.

May 10, 2019, 12:47 AM

Absolutely, especially if it's salt water you fill the bag with....

May 13, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I really hate to ask but I'm going to anyway. Does anybody ]

My three buddies and I caught over 60 lbs of striper, hybrid, largemouth and catfish fillets earlier this week at Clark's Hill. The fillets on the grill are more tender and juicy than any steak I have ever eaten. Made a fish stew that was out of this world. Get a guide, Eddie Mason is my choice, and have a ball. Mason's Guide Service 706-829-0428 is the best. Tell him Irby sent you. Oh yeah, he will clean and fillet them for you at no extra charge.

May 9, 2019, 12:23 PM

https://youtu.be/7y4g7W6zKos

Surprised that nobody has warned you that

May 9, 2019, 4:31 PM

selling bass or any other gamefish is illegal in SC if they come from public waters. Guess you might find some that come from a private pond. But crappie or bream are quite good and most people I know prefer them over bass.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surprised that nobody has warned you that

May 13, 2019, 8:51 AM

I know it is illegal in SC but I hated to ask without offering someone something in return (and no not personal returns :) )

Bream is good,

May 9, 2019, 6:02 PM

but so is warmouth. Warmouth just aren't so common.

That's really not a question you want to ask on the internet

May 9, 2019, 8:01 PM

http://www.eregulations.com/southcarolina/huntingandfishing/freshwater-game-fishing-regulations/

Re: That's really not a question you want to ask on the internet

May 10, 2019, 12:45 AM

It's ok if someone gives them to you, and you give them a donation for their favorite charity ;)

May 12, 2019, 9:47 PM

I only catch large bass, sorry.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2019, 5:32 PM

Call me my friend. I may be able to help you out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic