Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
season ticket cost
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

season ticket cost

Oct 24, 2018, 2:02 PM

What was the cost of a season ticket this year? I'm considering purchasing next season, and am weighing my options as it has gotten so expensive buying off the secondary market. I understand the whole donate/seat equity plan. Just looking at what each season ticket cost. Thanks and go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it aint the ticket, its the "donation" for the OPPORTUNITY

Oct 24, 2018, 2:05 PM

to purchase tickets.

http://www.iptaycuad.com/

Re: season ticket cost

Oct 24, 2018, 2:08 PM

they were 395 each this year. they usually go up 10-20 each year though.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 2:09 PM

The tickets are cheap, its making a high enough donation to actually get some of the few that become available that will have you missing mortgage payments.

Oct 24, 2018, 2:19 PM

Tickets themselves are around $400 per season ticket.

In order to have a shot at season tickets as a new donor, you'd have to donate AT LEAST $800, but I would suggest the Tiger ($1600) level for the first year, to be fairly sure you'll get tickets (still nosebleeds).

That would put you at $1200 per ticket for 2, or $800 per for 4, total for next season. The following year, to renew, you'd be looking at the seat equity plus around $400 per seat. If you only donate at the Tiger level, your seat equity is all but guaranteed to be $100/seat, so your total (minimum) cost to renew will come out to around $500 per ticket including donation.

Keep in mind, parking is reassigned every year. So, in subsequent years, you'll have to donate more than the minimum to get better parking. At this point, anyone who purchases season tickets and donates at least $400 will get a parking pass.

Also, that $400/ticket is the current price for IPTAY members buying season tickets (discount applied from face value). It generally goes up a little bit each year ($15-30).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends where you want to sit....

Oct 24, 2018, 3:34 PM

and if seats in that section are available.

The seat equity fee varies depending upon the section where you want to sit. As an example, if you want to sit in section UE, the cost per seat is $800. Then, you have to pay the cost for the actual tickets which is another $395.

So...if you want four seats in section UE, the total cost would be $4,780.

Whether you actually get seats in the section you want is another matter entirely. People who have been paying more and contributing longer than you have priority over you. In addition, of all the seats in the lower deck, only 200 of those actually changed hands before this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 24, 2018, 4:29 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I just assumed that I could donate at the "orange" level, then select 4 seats in the "blue" for a cost of $1400, then the cost of each ticket. I had no idea that being new, I could donate and then not even get a chance to buy tickets.

Oct 24, 2018, 4:36 PM

You can donate a bunch of money, but chances are you are not going to get tickets anywhere near the seat selections that the monetary amount matches up with. There will be people ahead of you for the better seating and you will start that the back of the line. The people already with tickets in that section only have to give the said amount to stay there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: season ticket cost ]

Yep, existing season ticket holders have “first right of refusal”, so as long as they continue to renew the seats they already have, no seats come open. With as much success as we’re having, almost all season ticket holders are hanging on to their seats.

The first shot at seats that a season ticket holder has released goes in this order:
1). Donation level
2). IPTAY points

As in, you are sorted by the donation level, and then by points within the donation level.

So even if you gave $25,000, if there was at least 1 other donor at that level who’d given money in a prior year, they’d get first shot because more iptay points.

You can probably get something in the upper deck, but if you’re used to picking and choosing on the secondary market, this will likely be a shock that you’re paying all this money and have “bad” seats.

I realize it can be sort of confusing.

Oct 24, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: season ticket cost ]

If you donate at the Orange level you will receive season tickets assuming you order them. You have to understand that your seats will be upper deck corners near the top and your parking will be in a remote lot. You will have exactly zero chance of anything better unless you pony up some serious $$$.

You seem to be confusing the seat equity as a payment. All you need to know about seat equity is that it is a guideline to follow. If you are requesting 2 tickets in an area where the seat equity is $250 (blue) then your IPTAY donation must be at least $500. You don’t pay the seat equity price. All you pay is your IPTAY dues and then pay for your tickets. You have 0 chance of getting anything in the blue area, FWIW.

You really should just call IPTAY and talk to them.

Was told by IPTAY before the season, that to get lower deck

Oct 24, 2018, 5:15 PM

required a minimum donation of $10k.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was told by IPTAY before the season, that to get lower deck

Oct 24, 2018, 5:24 PM

I started this season at the $800 level. Got 2 tickets in the corner of the upper deck

Oct 24, 2018, 5:48 PM

I donate to IPTAY and then buy my tickets in lowers on the secondary market, much cheaper and it’s a win win...(I like the magazine you get and stickers you get to put beside my Salt Life and Yeti stickers on my F-350??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic