Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump to end birthright citizenship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 451

Trump to end birthright citizenship

Oct 30, 2018, 7:43 AM

Well, I am all in for that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-plans-to-sign-executive-order-ending-birthright-citizenship

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Trump to end birthright citizenship

Oct 30, 2018, 7:49 AM

Sounds like more cheap campaign talk. Good luck overturning the 14th Amendment...

The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you consider yourself a Constitutionalist?

Oct 30, 2018, 8:00 AM

If you do, you should not favor a president being able to change this with an executive order. You should support Congress going through the right steps to do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Do you consider yourself a Constitutionalist?

Oct 30, 2018, 8:08 AM

Did you support Obama’s overarching use of EO’s?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Thanks for playing!***

Oct 30, 2018, 8:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

14th amendment says no.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:09 AM

This is a distraction from right wing violence.

He has no intentions to do so. Just trying to change headlines.

I like your funny words magic man

You may be right or Trump has some legal, executive way

Oct 30, 2018, 8:14 AM

around the 14th. I don't see how but would like the 14th changed.

Maybe he stayed in a Holiday In Express last night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I could be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure our founders

Oct 30, 2018, 8:18 AM

Had absolutely no intentions of having any president changing formal amendments with EO's.

Also, what part of the 14th amendment? Just the part about citizenship, or that anybody currently in our country should have our same protection of rights extended to them?

I like your funny words magic man

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Oct 30, 2018, 8:47 AM [ in reply to You may be right or Trump has some legal, executive way ]

Obama: I am signing an executive order that allows children brought here by their parents under very specific conditions to remain here in limbo until congress manages to pass a law addressing their plight.

RIGHT WING: OH MY GAWD HE DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION OR OUR LAWS BECAUSE HE'S TRYING TO MAKE LAW THAT SON OF A #####!!

Trump: I am literally going to issue an EO that says eff this constitution thing because I want to.

Wilbur: Trump must have discovered a loophole in the constitution that only he knows about.

Tiggity: Eh, the ones we passed later are dumb anyway.

MemphisCat: Derpa derpa derpa Trump!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sweet Sassy Molassy

Oct 30, 2018, 8:50 AM

You might want to bone up on the clause, "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof", in the 14th amendment as written.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...

Oct 30, 2018, 8:56 AM

you first.

If a child is not subject to the jurisdiction of the US - then what court would you utilize to deport them, given that they are accorded due process?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:24 AM

My position:
If you are illegally in a country you are not subject to a jurisdiction, you are trespassing. The president is ending the implied citizenship of achor babies precisely because of this exploit. Nowhere in the 14th is birthright citizenship explicitly mentioned, and this is likely where the Supreme Court will focus its efforts. Probably the US v Wong case, if I have that right.

Your position is wrong...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:31 AM

someone who is not subject to the jurisdiction of the US is not subject to being legally tried in it's courts. If you aren't subject to our jurisdiction, you can't be legally compelled to leave. You can't be tried for crimes.

Re: Your position is wrong...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:35 AM

Do you know how many of them are in US prisons today? I can pull FBI crime stats if you want.

Exactly...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:35 AM

if your interpretation of the 14th is right, we need to let them all out.

Re: Exactly...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:42 AM

If YOUR interpretation is accepted, they shouldn't be subject to our laws in the first place. Which is why they're living protected in sanctuaries (our cities).

I think you've made a good point here, Ford.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Exactly... ]

One I hadn't considered.

50 years too late but I'll take it.

Oct 30, 2018, 8:32 AM

About #### time.

I like building a wall more than having this cat fight...

Oct 30, 2018, 8:52 AM

in the courts. I think Trump is playing to the media and trying to ###### attention from other issues and focus it on the mobs marching through Mexico toward our southern border. I do not believe his ultimate goal is to rethink the constitution but it's a string to dangle in front of the MSM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank God. When is he throwing out all the mimes?

Oct 30, 2018, 8:57 AM

That will be a happy day. Take the Presbyterians too.

null

I read this in Garrison Keillor's voice.***

Oct 30, 2018, 10:40 AM

No, thanks.

Oct 30, 2018, 10:36 AM

Birthright citizenship is one of the things that makes America uniquely great as "the land of opportunity," and what differentiates the upward mobility of our culture, compared with old Europe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 451
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic